The Fight Club [Part 1/3]

Fight Club

Sana POV

"" I said through clenched teeth, kicking a stone. Life was so unfair, first I lose my dad, then my mother decides to send me off to some private academy. We can barely afford this school on my mom's salary, but she doesn't care. We could wind up on the street tomorrow and still al she would care about is my grades. My dad was different though, he would have let me stay at my public school as long as my grades got me into college. He knew how hard it was for me to make friends, and wouldn't make me go through the process all over again. My dad listened to me and loved me like I was his daughter and not just his heir. That was more than my mother could ever say on her part.

I kicked another stone, harder, ignoring the minor pain in my toe. I hated this uniform, the skirt was too short and the blazer was too stiff. I liked my old uniform, it had a white blazer with a plad green (longer) skirt. Not that a black blazer with a blue skirt wasn't to my liking, I mean it deffinetily ade it easier to hide stains. I just preffured green other most colours.

 

I walked up the steps to my new school, my mouth dropped. It was twice the size of my last school. Great, I thought and I bet the kids are really snooty here too. And whats the point of starting school on a friday? The kids woud forget my face by monday, anyway.

I found my locker in no time and started to organize my things. I had stuck a hoodie, plain shirt, shorts and a snap back in my bag this morning. I planned to change after 8th period and relieve myself of looking like everyone else. I sensed someone behind me and turned to see three girls with styled hair and probably three layers of make up each. "Well well well" the one in the middle said. "Looks like we got overselves a new girl" I turned and shut my locker, this was gonna be fun -__- . "Do you guys need something, or can I go? I need to find my homeroom class" I said pretending to check a watch on my wrist. "We just came to see our competition" the one in the middle said "and make sure that you know to back off of Kris" the one on the left added. "That's nice" I said and walked away. It was girls like that, that made me cringe. 

I found my homeroom not too far from my locker, I still had time before school started and so I decided to wander around a bit. The I suddenly noticed how empty the halls had become, fine by me I thought the quieter the better. I managed to find my way out to the front again. Just then I heard a few girls screaming and I looked to see a tall boy with honey coloured hair was surrounded by what looked like half the school. No doubt he was handsom, but I never understood why girls swooned over guys in huges groups, they're just guys! Every school has them (granted, every non all girls school has them). I had a gut feeling that he was the Kris that those girls, who approached me at my locker, where talking about. Beside him was a boy the same height, with jet black hair. I wondered how he can see from beneath those bangs. On the other side of 'Kris' was a boy in a grey hoodie and track pants, he must have phys ed to be able to get away with no uniform I thought.

I leaned against the school wall, ignoring them. I took out my sketch book and began to draw. That was another thing my dad appreaciated me for that my mother never did. She would merely shrug off every piece I showed her, she would tell me I was too far away from a career in the arts and that I should focus on law or medicine. I disagreed, law bored me to death and I had no intention of becoming a doctor. I didn't need a career in the arts but I wanted to at least be paid for something I loved doing.

Suddenly my sketchbook was lifted from my hands, I looked up to see the honey coloured hair-boy hovering over me looking through my sketchbook. "Hey! Give it back!" I said but simply raised a hand to stop me. 

"This isn't bad.. Is the new girl taking an arts major" he asked. There was a sense of interest in his voice, I wasn't sure where this was going. "None of your business!" I said taking my sketchbook back violently. "Damn this chick's fiesty, Tao" he said turning back to the black haired boy who must have been Tao. "What's your name?" he smirked. I continued to look unamused, "What's yours?" I asked. The girls standing a few feet back burst into laughter. "What? Should I know your name? Do you run this school or something?" I begin to ask I already knew the anwer, now I was just trying to get him angry. "As a matter of fact, my parents own this school and many other companies" he began to tell me all this important stuff about his family business Wu industries, and that it first started in China and soon branched out to Korea. I wasn't listening I was just waiting for him to shut up.

"..So you know.. you're new so I'll let you off the hook this time but try not to forget your place in the pyramid" he finished, I snapped out of my daze. "What was that?" I asked as if I heard nothing ('cause that part was basically true) "Sorry, I was too busy not caring" I said folding my arms across my chest. "But it looks like you support group over there, might care" I said smiling and gesturing to his 'fan club' behind us. "Oh no she didn't!" I heard a guy say, probably one of Kris's fan boys. 

"Big words for a small low life, like yourself" He said looking at me from head to toe. "What's that I hear?" I said mockingly "All talk and no action" at that moment, Kris grabbed the collar of my shirt pulling me close. I heard a gasp from behind him, I wasn't scared but my heart still raced in anticipation of what he might do next. "Watch your mouth, I'd hate to make such a cute face my enemy" he let go and began to walk away. "And one more thing" he said turning slightly "I want you to draw a portrait of myself and have it to me by monday." With that he continued to walk to the school's entrence. "You don't own me!!" I called out, I was just about to make out the next words he said.

"And you don't want to get expelled" It was true I didn't. As much as I wanted to be at my old school, getting expelled ment less schools would be willing to except me and making friends would be even hardr since rumors travel quickly. In no time at all had the mob had followed Kris into the school. All but his friend in the track suit, he was staring at me. "Your leader left already" I said flatly, while shoving my sketch book into my bag. 

"I know." He said, stolling over to me. "That was a bold move you pulled on Kris, new girl" I didn't look up from my bag "New girl has a name"

"Are you gonna tell me what it is?"

"Sana, Ku Sana" I said putting my bag on my back. "Do Kyungsoo" he said in a potentially eductive voice. I start waking towards that entrence with any luck I'll only be one minute late. "So" Kyungsoo said, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "Wanna go out some time?" 

"No" I answered, shrugging off his arm and continued walking. No friend of Kris's would be a friend of mine. And if it meant I was a total loner at school, so be it.

 

I made it through my first day without without butchering my image too much. It was unfortunate that I had girls glaring at me in almost all my classes due to my morning throndle. It could have gone a lot worse though, at my old school one of the reasons I didn't have many friends was that I got into a lot of fights. It was cocky guys like Kris that would piss me off and challenge me, unable to resist I would accept and the two (and up to someimes seven of us) would work it out over a bloody fist fight. The few friends I did have, were the guys that taught me everything and were my greatest oponents.

I change into my casual wear and proceed to leave school when I hear someone from around the corner. I might have looked like a convincing guy, but I wasn't about to stick around and find out the consiquences of being caught out of uniform. I hear the voices come closer, desperate I plaster myself against the lockers and hope the voices don't decide to come down this corridor. To my luck they, I watch as Kris ughh, Tao, Kyungsoo, another brown haired boy slighty shorter in height and a really short blonde walk right passed me. I begin to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"So Hyung, can I come with you to the club today?" the blonde asked excitedly. "Not till your sixteen, Luhan" Kris answerd club? What kind of club? Bet it's a strip club, that sounds exactly like something Kris and his friends would do on a friday night. "Aw c'mon, Kris-hyung" the shorter browned haired boy chimes in. "His birthday's in a month, just let him come"

"Fine. On one condition, Luhan-ah you aren't allowed to challenge anyone. Got that?" Kris said, slightly annoyed. The short blonde called Luhan then wore a goofy smile as he proceeded to thank and praise Kris. I rolled my eyes. "Hey Kris" Tao asked "Since we're making exceptions today, can I finally bring my girlfriend? I want her to see me beat the out Xiumin today, since he agreed to a rematch." 

"No girls allowed Tao, you know the rules. Girls are too soft, having them join us would mean we'd have to go easy and probably have to play their way. This way at leased we can fight mercilessly and Lay'll be waiting for us when we're done. Besides, I thought you were going to challenge me today" the short brown haired boy finally said. "I was, Chanyeol. But after we had to call my last fight with Xiumin even, I needed a rematch to set him straight" Tao replied to Chanyeol. 

"But Hyung, this is my first fight and you promised" he said a whine creeping into his voice. "God, will you chill? Why don't you just challenge Suho. He'd be a good match for you" Tao said chuckling a little. "That's not funny, hyung! We all know how that would turn out. Since I'm younger, I get the short end of the stick." Tao continued to laugh. 

"Don't worry, Chanyeol-ah you will have plenty of chances to fight. That s why it is called Fight Club and not Tea party-let's have a fist brawl once in a while." Kris then joined Tao in Laughter. Fight club, huh? Sounds like my cup of tea. I proceeded to follow the boys out of the school.