Chapter 32

Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I could feel myself waking up and tried to fight it, cuddling closer to the amazing warmth that was surrounding me. During the course of the night, we had gotten considerably closer and when I realized where I was, I stilled instantly. At some point, my leg had thrown itself over both of Taeyeon's and was now bent just enough so that my knee was on his upper thigh. His chin rested on the top of my head and his hand had drifted down to my lower back where it now rested comfortably. My fingers curled over his bicep and I became aware of the fact that his hand pressed mine to his ribs.

I didn't want to admit how good it felt to wake up like that. Instead, I groaned, shifting slightly and opening my eyes. It took me another few seconds before I was able to lift my head from Taeyeon's chest. His eyes were open and he was staring at me. When we made eye contact, his fingers tensed, pressing my hand harder to his ribs. He winced and I felt the vibrations of his grumble of pain.

My brow furrowed sympathetically, "Sorry." When I tried to move, his arms tightened around me. I glanced back up at him questioningly.

"This is actually helping," he explained, his eyes going to where our hands pressed against his body. In the night we had also managed to wrestle the blankets down to waist length and I got my first real look at the bruising of his upper body in the morning light.

I wanted to cry for him. Splotches of deep purple marred almost every inch of his skin. Around our hands was the worst by far and I couldn't really believe that I was helping in anyway. Still, I didn't argue with him. We stayed like that for a few minutes; Taeyeon had relaxed his body again and I could see that his eyes were shut. From the angle I was at, I could see that most of the scratches on his beautiful face had healed nicely; Tiffany would be glad to know that he would make it out of this with no scars. The thought made me chuckle a little and he reopened his eyes to slits.

Before I could open my mouth to offer some sort of explanation, Taeyeon's stomach grumbled and we both laughed. "Breakfast?" I asked, now fully awake.

"Breakfast," he agreed. With one last grin, I rolled out of the bed and made my way to the kitchen. The apartment was chilly and a small shiver wracked my frame when my feet made contact with the hardwood floors. Sighing, I brushed my hair out of my face and stared into the fridge to see what I could make.

When Taeyeon wandered into the kitchen and sat down twenty minutes later, I set a plate of scrambled eggs and pancakes in front of him. He looked from the plate to me in surprise and then smiled. "Why thank you, beautiful," he said, sounding for all the world like an adoring husband. I stuck my tongue out at him, making my own plate and pouring both of us a glass of orange juice.

"Don't get too used to this," I warned, "You were on the brink of death a couple of days ago. It's my job to fatten you up again."

He didn't respond, but when he took the glass of orange juice from me his fingers lingered. I swallowed hard, looking away and taking my own seat beside him. It was true; he had lost some weight from lying in bed for a week. When he first came back, he was so weak that he was having hard time walking. Now it wasn't nearly so bad, but I had to admit that there was something different about this morning.

As I scooped a forkful of eggs in my mouth and Taeyeon bit into a pancake, I realized that the entire thing just felt so... domestic. This was only my third day with him, but it already seemed like I had been there for months. It was probably because I had stayed in the apartment for a week before he woke up so I was familiar with everything. Still, it was different.

I still couldn't believe that I was in Hong Kong for three more weeks. It was certainly a relief that Taeyeon was awake, but me living with him like that hadn't quite penetrated yet. When he left, I had been convinced that we probably wouldn't see each other again for a long time, if ever.

It just kept making me think back to what Tiffany said about fate and plans and all of that. What were the chances that I would be in Hong Kong right then? If someone had asked me couple months ago what my plans were, Hong Kong never would have even crossed my mind. In fact, I don't even think I would have factored Taeyeon into the equation except if I was thinking about our child.

I had an extremely understanding boss, too. Any normal boss wouldn't have even hesitated to fire me if they knew I had to be out of work for an entire month, especially when I hadn't been working there for very long. When I called Mr. Choi and told him the situation, the only thing he said to me was to stay safe and let him know when I was back in Seoul. That meant that once I got home, I would still have a job to work at and I wouldn't have to worry about finding a way to get money on top of being pregnant, which was one of my main concerns once I had made the decision to keep the baby.

Of course my parents weren't quite as understanding. They yelled at me for a little while and I just sat there and took it in silence, letting them get it out of their systems. Once they were done, I quietly told them that even though I was still their child and I lived in their home, the bottom line was that I was legally an adult and I had the means to stay in Hong Kong if I really wanted to. They had a million questions about where I would be staying and who I would be with, and I had to lie a little bit there because I didn't even want to know what they would do if they found out I was living in an apartment with a single, incredibly attractive male for a month with zero rules or supervision.

The thought made me laugh to be honest because the truth was that I was already pregnant... there wasn't much else I could really do. Their worse fear had already come true. But I couldn't tell them that so I had to settle for bending the truth a little and telling them I would be staying in a nearby hotel.

Tiffany was ominously qui

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter