Chapter 21

Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"So let me get this straight," she began after an unbearably long silence. "You, Jessica Jung," she pointed one bright pink fingernail at me, "had with Public Enemy Number One, Kim Taeyeon?"

I grimaced, slumping back in the chair, "Is that really all you got from what I told you?"

"We're taking this one step at a time," she returned primly. Then, her eyes lit up and she smiled with an expression I didn't like at all. "Hot damn!" she whistled in appreciation, "I just can't believe it."

"Me neither," I mumbled, wishing I could sink into the floor with my embarrassment. I should have known she would give me for this. After all, she went to our high school.

"Your first time and it's a hot, steamy tryst with none other than our very own Kim Taeyeon." She shrugged, those brown eyes twinkling with mischief. "You definitely could have done worse."

My eyes narrowed in warning as I rubbed soothing circles on my temples in an attempt to relieve the headache that had just begun to throb.

"What?" she asked innocently. "You can't tell me you never noticed what a bomb he is." The look in her eyes changed again to something that made me distinctly uncomfortable and she crossed her legs, sighing dreamily. "He was always something special. Those mystic dark eyes..."

"Tiff..."

"...and that perfect jaw. Boy, a man with a jaw like that knows just what the hell he's doing," she continued.

"Tiff, stop."

"And of course, the way his hips rolled like a well oiled machine when he walked..."

"Tiff!" I squeaked with horror. When had she had time to catalogue these things?

"But who am I telling?" she winked suggestively at me, "If anyone knows about exactly how his hips work, it would be you now, wouldn't it?"

I shot her an icy glare, "It's not funny."

"Trust me, Jessie; no one is laughing." She fired back. Then she suddenly launched herself off the bed, getting on her knees in front of me and giving me a puppy eyes .

"Tell me what it was like," she said breathily.

I blinked in shock, "What? No!"

"Is he just as beautiful with his clothes off?"

"I... um..."

"Was he good?" when my jaw gaped open, she squealed girlishly again, pinching my leg. "I knew he would be! That boy's got the body of a greek god."

Realizing that my mouth was hanging open, I snapped it shut and turned my face from hers, "I'm not talking to you about this anymore. You obviously aren't mature enough to handle it."

"Oh but you are?" she returned drolly, her eyes fixing pointedly to the blush that stained my cheeks. At her look, it deepened and I groaned with frustration. "Did he make you come?" she demanded to know.

"Good lord, Tiffany Hwang," I replied, thoroughly scandalized. I lifted my legs up out of her reach as her fingers went in for another pinch and she laughed.

"I bet he did more than once." She added. Taking my deep flush as affirmation, she crossed her arms and sat back, as though in thought. "What did he do?" she murmured to herself. Then, her eyes fastened to my face and I tried to avoid her gaze. "He didn't!" she gasped.

Startled, I looked back at her, "What?"

"Did he..." her voice suddenly lowered in a conspiratorial whisper, "go down on you?"

I buried my face in my hands, unwilling to see her joy. Sure enough, at my obvious guilt she made that high pitch sound again, chortling with glee. "Jessie, you got so lucky!" she said, shaking her head at me. "A guy like that doesn't come around every day, you know."

I lifted my head miserably, the embarrassment still a stain on my cheeks. "So what, you think I should marry him just because he's good in bed?"

Tiffany sighed, sitting back, "Well it wouldn't be a bad reason necessarily. Besides, who said anything about getting married?"

I glared at her. She ignored it. "I always knew there was something funky going on between you two."

This time, my surprise was genuine, "What do you mean?"

"You two acted like you thought each other were the scum of the earth... when people were looking. Turns out you were both waiting for your chance to get freaky."

"We're just friends." I felt like I had been saying that a lot recently.

She snorted, "Oh, come on. Four years of fighting each other tooth and nail over every little thing and you want me to believe that there was never a bit of there? No, no dear. That's not something people who are 'just friends' do."

I shrugged helplessly. There really was no explanation for what all had happened between him and I this summer.

She sighed, throwing herself back onto my bed dramatically, "You would decide to be interesting when I'm out of the country."

"I'll be sure to schedule my life catastrophes around your presence from now on," I said sarcastically.

She laughed again, completely unfazed, "Having with Kim Taeyeon is most certainly not a life catastrophe."

I bit my lip, "No, just the consequences."

Tiffany lifted her head, all hints of her previous whimsical mood dissipating. "And on to the heavy stuff." She sat up in my bed, tucking her legs under her neatly. "About this whole pregnancy, clinic thing." She grimaced delicately, "How are you doing with that?"

She was right, this was the heavy stuff. I shrugged again, crossing my arms over my chest, "I don't know. I think I'm okay."

"That was a big thing you did," she said softly.

"It was the right thing to do for the both of us."

"You're sure about that?"

My shoulder lifted again and I looked away, my eyes focusing on the bedspread Tiff was sitting on, "It doesn't matter now," I said.

I heard the bed creak as Tiffany got up and next thing I knew, her arms were around me. "I'm sorry I wasn't here," she murmured.

She had no idea how much I could have used her, but the last thing I wanted was to make her feel guilty for something that was completely out of control. I hugged her back, "You're here now. That's what's important."

Tiffany stepped back from me, sitting on my bed again. She smiled with amusement. "I can't really picture you as a mom," she admitted. I laughed, shaking my head.

"I couldn't either." I responded. "And I definitely couldn't picture Taeyeon as a dad. Not right now at least."

"I think he'd be a great dad," Tiff said, putting her elbow on my nightstand and resting her chin in her upraised palm.

"Me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter