Feeling Better

Capture Your Heart: Senior Year

You were miserable.

"Yoseob just misunderstood." Kisa insisted, trying to cheer you up. "You know how quick he is jumping to conclusions. He'll realize it wasn't your fault and he'll come apologize. That's how it's always been, right?"

"I suppose." You mumbled, dejected. Kisa frowned, disappointed she couldn't help, and patted you on the back. "Hey, it'll be okay. I promise."

Hwayoung and Jieun did their best to cheer you up, too, in their own ways. Jieun was extremely sympathetic as she gave you a platter of cookies she made as a treat. "They were for Yoseob, originally, but I thought you might like them better." She said, which was her way of saying she wouldn't go after Yoseob.

Hwayoung went on a long tirade of Yoseob's endless faults. "He's a big idiot and he makes a lot of mistakes." Hwayoung ended, scowling. "But this time, he made the biggest mistake of all, hurting you, sunbae."

You smiled, trying to fight back tears. "Thanks, guys. You're the best."

******************************************************************************************************************************************

One day, you were sitting in the park on a swing. You weren't swinging, instead just hanging there and letting your feet brush against the sand.

Suddenly, you felt someone nearby. You looked up, hoping it was Yoseob. It was Junhyung.

"Oh, Junhyung. Hey." You said, trying to keep the disappointment in your voice to a bare minimum.

"Thought I was Yoseob?" He smirked.

"No." You lied. He wasn't convinced.

"How are you doing lately?"

"Good. Fine. Great." Your voice was dull, flat, and robotic.

He sat down in the swing next to you. "Heard what happened between you and Yoseob. Are you guys done?"

"No. Well, at least, I don't think so. I hope not." You sighed, depressed. "But.........the way he acts around me now..........we might as well be..........." You gulped, your eyes filling with tears.

"Hey, don't start crying on me!" Junhyung immediately said. "I can't deal with waterworks!"

"S-sorry." You sniffed, quickly rubbing your eyes.

Junhyung rubbed the back of his neck. "Ah, whatever. Cry on me if you want."

"You're being awfully nice." You noted.

"You're the only person I've ever seen cry before and I don't think it's annoying." He told you. "Guess it's cuz you were the first girl I've ever liked."

You nearly choked on your own spit. "You're STILL saying that?" You squeaked in embarassment.

Junhyung chuckled. "You look pretty animated right now. That's good. Seeing you all depressed and is boring. It's not like you to be so sad."

"T-that's true." You said, admiring his observation. "You know, you're the first person I've talked to about this. You're good talking about feelings and stuff."

"Really? I thought I was the total opposite." Junhyung shrugged.

You smiled. "Thank you, Junhyung."

"For what?"

"For listening to my problems. I feel a lot better now. You're a good friend."

Junhyung scowled, a pink tinge appearing on his cheeks. "Stop sounding so sappy! Go away!"

You giggled and hopped off the swing. "You're still the best! Bye! See you tomorrow!" You turned to wave at him as you ran home.

Junhyung's face softened into a grin as he watched you leave.

"Don't know how stupid that is, really, hurting a girl like that." He mumbled cheerfully to himself.