Miss Cube

Capture Your Heart: Senior Year

The next day at school, the principal called all grades to the assembly hall for an announcement.

"Everyone, I am pleased to announce that we are re-starting a tradition in our school for the first time in 5 years ---- the Cube High Miss Cube Contest!"

Everyone clapped and applauded.

"What the hell?" You asked, not even bothering to put your hands together.

"Apparently, this Miss Cube thing used to be a tradition in Cube." Kisa whispered beside you. "But five years ago, a bratty girl with rich parents didn't win the crown, so she got pissed and made the school shut it down by threatening to cut off donation funds. But now, I guess they feel it's safe to re-establish it."

The principal continued to speak. The excited babble died down slightly so they could hear what he was saying.

"Any female student who wishes to participate is allowed to attend. There will be three stages in the contest: the teachers and the students will judge you based on your beauty, your intelligence, and your ability to work under pressure. The last stage will be a random choice, and no one will be informed of it prior to the actual contest. The winner of the Miss Cube contest will get the special permission to kiss whoever they choose."

Girls squealed and screamed in delight. You noticed with growing dread that most of the girl's eyes immediately turned towards Yoseob.

What made Kisa nervous was that Krystal Jung, who was probably the prettiest girl in the school by a majority vote, was not looking at Yoseob, but at Dongwoon.

Yoseob grimaced at all the girl's lustful gazes. "~~~~~~-ah, please enter the competition!" He begged. "I don't want to have my face eaten off by those leeches!"

"Are you kidding me?" You howled. "I'm not even remotely pretty enough, and I hate attention! Are you stupid or something? I hate how they're all lookng this way right now, and they're not even looking at ME!"

Suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped themselves around your neck and squeezed. "Heeeeyyyyy, ~~~~~~~~-ah!"

"O-owch!" You choked. "J-Jieun-sshi?"

Jieun smiled brightly. "That Miss Cube thing sounds fun. Are you entering?"

"Um, no........." You said hesitantly. "Are you?"

"Of course!" Jieun said brightly. "I have to protect Yoseob-sshi from all those girls!"

"You just want to kiss him, don't you?" You muttered.

"Hehehe, better his fiancé than a fangirl, don't you think?" Jieun giggled.

You rolled your eyes but smiled. "Well, better you than that queenka brat Krystal. But if you win, no............serious kissing, okay? Even Yoseob and I haven't done any serious kisses-----"

"And who's fault is that?" Yoseob muttered grumpily from beside you. You blushed.

Jieun grinned and saluted you with two fingers. "No prob, ~~~~~~~-ah! Just because it's you! If I win, only a kiss on the cheek! How's that?"

"Good enough." You shrugged.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

"Yah, but this will be pretty interesting to watch, huh?" You snickered as you, Kisa, Dongwoon, Hyunseung, Yoseob, Jieun, and a blushing Hwayoung left the assembly hall. "Watching all those idiots make a fool of themselves."

Kisa nodded, seeming oddly quiet.

Hwayoung was dazed. She kept on thinking the same daydream, which wouldn't get out of her head...........

(Hwayoung's Daydream)

Hwayoung grinned happily as the golden crown was placed on her head. "Yang Hwayoung of class 2-A has been chosen as Miss Cube!"

Everyone cheered and whistled and clapped.

"You are the best sister I could ever have the fortune of being related to." Yoseob said, smiling dashingly and giving her a huge hug.

"I came here just to see you win, little sister." Hyunki said, giving her a hug too. "I even stood up Lisanna on a date so I could be here in time."

"I really can't compare to you!" ~~~~~~~~ said, her eyes shining with admiration. "I want to be just like you in order to be the perfect woman for Yoseob!"

Hwayoung's parents appeared out of the crowd. "What a wonderful child!" Umma said. "I'm so sorry I have neglected you all these years."

"Let's go to Lotte World as a family together this weekend!" Appa said. "A gift for being a wonderful daughter!"

"Hey, who are you going to kiss?" Someone called. Instantly, everyone started chanting. "KISS! KISS! KISS| KISS!"

The crowd parted and Hyunseung appeared, dressed in princely clothes on a white horse. He jumped down easily and then bent down to one knee.

"My princess Hwayoung-sshi..............no, Hwayoung-ah..........may I have the pleasure of being granted your kiss?"

Hwayoung blushed with pleasure and crossed her arms. "Well, since you asked so nicely........."

Hyunseung stood up, gently raised Hwayoung's face up to his, and whispered, "I like you," before their lips connected-----------

"GEYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Everyone jumped. "What the hell is wrong with you, Hwayoung-ah?" You yelped. "Geez, you gave me a heart attack! I thought someone was getting murdered!"

"I-i-it's n-nothing!" Hwayoung gasped, her face red. "J-just a d-dream........"

"Er, Hwayoung-sshi........." Hwayoung froze as Hyunseung leaned towards her slightly. "........Are you..........okay?"

Hwayoung turned even redder if it was possible. "I'm f-f-fine!" She yelled, embarassed.

Kisa stopped walking. "~~~~~~~~-ah..........."

"Yeah? What's up?"

"..........................I'm joining the contest."

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??!!!!!!!!!!"