Kiss of Death

Capture Your Heart: Senior Year

"Finally!" Dongwoon chortled. "I thought it would be Hyunseung's graduation by the time they finally got together."

"I'm so happy for Hyunseung." You grinned. "Now he's happy."

Yoseob smiled. "I'm happy for Hyunseung too." You looked at him in surprise and respect. "You are?"

"Of course!" He yelled, flames bursting in his eyes. "Now it's one less guy I have to worry about stealing my ~~~~~~~~-ah away from me!"

You rolled your eyes and punched his arm, but you laughed anyways. "Oh, calm down, Yoseob."

"So, what's been happening lately, ~~~~~~-ah?" Onew asked. "You never really told us how you met Yoseob."

You glanced at him. "Well, last year he transferred to our school, and then he sort of.........."

"I fell in love with her at first sight." Yoseob said promptly.

"Then he bothered me all year long until I finally realized I loved him back."

"What kind of love story is that? That ." Minho complained.

"Who said you had to like my version of the story, punk?" You shot back. "If you don't like it, don't ask! Besides, I don't see any girlfriends around you, do I?"

"Minho was dating one girl, but they broke up a month ago." Taemin piped up.

"They didn't need to know that!" Minho hissed, blushing.

"Yah, hyungs. Let's see who's faster!" Dongwoon grinned, pointing towards the distance. "Whoever reaches ~~~~~~-ah's house first is the fastest of us all!"

"I'm taking that challenge!" Yoseob smirked.

"You're on!" Key grinned.

"Hey, if it's a race, I'm joining too!" Kisa protested.

"Hey, wait guys! I don't want to-------" You started to say.

"GO!!!" They ran ahead anyway, leaving you coughing up a cloud of dust.

"Ugh." Your shoulders slumped. "Now I have to walk there alone.........."

When the dust cleared, though, you realized Jonghyun wasn't running. "Yah, what's up, Jjong?" You asked, confused. Being a sporty and competetive type, he would have accepted any sort of race or contest no matter what.

"~~~~~~-ah.........do you really love Yoseob?" Jonghyun asked, no trace of a smile in him. He was deadly serious.

********************************************************************************************************************************************

Meanwhile, Yoseob suddenly stopped. "What's wrong, Yoseob?" Kisa yelled behind her. "You're going to lose if you don't move!"

"But THAT guy's not here......." Yoseob muttered. "Does that mean he'll be alone with ~~~~~~~~-ah?"

He thought back to the time when Jonghyun had purposefully pushed himself between you and Yoseob. Yoseob ran his hands through his blonde hair. "Ugh, I know I get freaked out and suspicious all the time, and I should give ~~~~~~-ah some space like a good boyfriend..................but I have a bad feeling about that guy!!!"

He turned back and ran the way he came.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

"W-what?" You were thrown off by the sudden question. "Yes............of course! Why else would I date him? Seriously, Jonghyun........."

"No, that's not what I meant!" Jonghyun interrupted angrily. "I mean, would you be happier if you dated somebody else?"

"Well, ummm.........I guess not. I mean, I don't love anyone else, do I?"

"Well, what about someone you once loved?"

That got you. You stared at him in shock. "Jonghyun..............what..........what are you saying?"

"What do think I'm saying?" Jonghyun said back, staring right into your eyes.

"Look, Jonghyun, that's crazy.............we're nothing but exes and old friends..................what do you mean..........."

"I mean, what is it that you like about that stupid guy?" Jonghyun's voice was rising. "He's not your type, he's angry, hyperactive, crazy, blonde...............everything you've never liked about anybody! Even me! So why do you like HIM? He's nothing but a child!"

"Stop it, Jonghyun!" You yelled angrily, your hands curling into fists. "I won't let you badmouth Yoseob like that! He may be all of those things, but he's also kind, sweet, caring, and loving. Things you neglected me when WE were dating!"

Jonghyun glared at her. "I was a fool, okay? I cared more about my friends than you! I know! Our breakup was my mistake! But I'm willing to fix it!"

"That's not the point!" You yelled furiously. "We're over, okay? We're never getting back together! It's over between us! We have nothing left!"

Suddenly, you were yanked forwards. Jonghyun had grabbed your arm and pulled you towards him. Before you could react, he put his free hand behind your head and pulled you in for a kiss.

Your eyes widened when his lips connected with yours. This didn't feel like Yoseob's lips. It felt wrong. They shouldn't be touching you.

You pushed him away. "What the hell do you think you're doing? You jerk!" You yelled.

Then you turned around.

You gasped. Standing there, shell-shocked, in the middle of the street, was Yoseob. He was breathing heavily, as though he had just run all the way back to get you.

"~~~~~~~~~~-ah...........what..........?" Yoseob whispered.

"No........Yoseob.............."

You ran to him. "Yoseob, it's not what you think!"

Jonghyun pulled you back. "Actually, boy, it's exactly what you think." He smirked.

"Let go of me!" You yelled at him, trying to pull free but failing. Your eyes filled with tears as you stared at the blurry figure of Yoseob. "Yoseob, please..............it's not what you think...........I swear! Yoseob, please..............believe me..........."

Yoseob stared at you in horror. "~~~~~~~~~~-ah.................."