Chapter 18

Dear Star, I Love You

 

That night, they were celebrating for Jinwoo who manage to go for the final round of the quiz competition. Yoora came to the living room, holding a cake.

                “This is for you, Jinwoo! If you won the competition, I’ll do a bigger party!” Yoora said.

                “Thanks, nuna. But you really don’t need to do this. It’d be bad if I lose the final round.”

                “No, you must win. You’re a smart boy who can beat all those so-called brilliant city student.” Hyemi exclaimed.

                “What’s the grudge you’re holding onto city students, Hyemi? Aren’t you one of them to before?” Yoora asked.

                “I know.. but we’re different compared to them now. They are worst. The students form my old school talk to me informally when I was visiting Jinwoo during his competition previous day. Don’t they know I’m their sunbae? Oh..”

                “You looked too immature.. and I just realized, you looked younger than your age, truly.” Yoora said. “Oh, I forgot something. The guy whom I met this morning, sends you a regard. He said, you’re cute.. that proves you looks younger than your age, isn’t it, Jinwoo?” Yoora asked Jinwoo, but he just give a small nod. Yoora then went inside her room and brings out the album.

                “Eunji ah, this is for you. He gave it to you. He’s so happy that you recognize him.” Eunji happily grabbed the album.

                “Hoah! It’s his signature! I’m so lucky to be his first fan! Aren’t I’m the lucky one? An Idol who remembered my name!” Eunji said happily.

                “That’s not so great though. Yoora nuna beats you, coz she has an IDOL as her BOYFRIEND..” Jinwoo said to Eunji, as he was annoyed at her idolizing Jae.

                “Speaking of him, he’s not coming here tonight? Unnie?” Eunji asked Yoora.

                “Nope, I guess. He’s busy..” Yoora’s face turns gloomy. Although Youngsaeng said it was his Cody nuna, she still senses something was wrong. Everything that has been told by Jinwoo and Jae, has been disturbing her mind since then.

“He started to get weirder lately. Usually he’s the one who talked a lot till I feel like shoving something into his mouth to shut him up. But like today, it’s weird. He tends to be quiet.” She said, as the others listened to her carefully.

                “Well.. you know, nuna..” Jinwoo was about to tell her about his doubt towards Youngsaeng, but when he looked at Yoora’s face, he cancelled it. “..no, nothing. I just want you to.. just let him be. Maybe he’s busy, or he’s doing another new album. Now why don’t we just eat happily?” Yoora then smiled when she finally realized it’s a party for Jinwoo, not a time for tears.

                “Ah, okay.. I’m sorry. Let’s eat happily! All for Jinwoo.. Yah, Hyemi. Turn on that TV, the Gag Concert is tonight, isn’t it?” Yoora took the plates and started to cut the cake.

                “Ah, yeah! I’m anticipating who are they imitating tonight!” Eunji exclaimed. That night, they eat and chat happily.

 

Meanwhile…

                “Why are you dating that girl? I’ve told you about this plan long time ago, didn’t I? That time when that girl met you for the first time at our company building. I thought you’d be smart. It’s hard to cover the fact that you’re dating a country girl!” Manager Song scolded Youngsaeng. Can’t stand it anymore, Youngsaeng stands up.

                “I can’t take it anymore. It has been three years I live under you! I do everything you say. I left everything behind. But, why can’t I have my best friends back?” His face went scarlet.

                “Best friends? Well then it’s not a problem if I ask you to date Younhee coz they are just your BEST FRIEND! Oh.. wait, I forgot. She is your GIRLFRIEND! That’s the problem! And what’s important, I didn’t told you to date her!” Manager Song’s eyes was too wide as they were about to fall of his face. Younhee who was sitting at the corner just watch them having a big row quietly.

                “You don’t need too! I waited three years till she finally came here. I thought I was going to finish this 5 years contract with you before I get back home. But, fortunately she came. I don’t know how to run away from you..” It was a tensed conversation. Youngsaeng sit back down.

                “You can’t run away from me. Starting from today, go and date Younhee. Back to the original plan, not this stupid plan of yours.”

                “What? If I didn’t, you’ll haunt for my friends then?”

                “No. You know what, you’re the asset of this company. If your name gets bad, this WHOLE COMPANY will be affected. None of your label mate will be promoted in any of this country’s broadcasting system. You’re bringing this company’s name. If they found out that B2M’s top artist has this rumors, who suddenly quit being a singer, that’ll affect your popularity. And Jae, that rising singer, will have to turn back to his old life as a worker in a restaurant. So, if you want to follow that stupid mind of yours, just wait till you meet these colleague of yours haunt for you .”

                “Why are their lives depend on me? That doesn’t make sense.”

                “Because I have a lot of connections with the people here in this industry. Only one hot story from a manager of a top singer, that is able to change 100% of ones life. So, you’re still refuse to coorperate?” His manager stared at him right into his eyes.

                “Enough! Stop it!” Younhee suddenly stands up and walked towards Youngsaeng. “Why don’t you just listen to him? You chose this road. You have to admit this lifestyle. Manager Song, stop threathening. It won’t be easy for me to work with him if you keep stressing him like this!” She said.

                “Work with her?” Youngsaeng asked him. But Younhee grabbed his hand, and walked out of he room. “Wait! Don’t pull me like this! Explain to me, woman!” Youngsaeng shouted.

                “Shut up! You’re going to work with me in a drama. Manager Song didn’t told you? Then how was the contract signed?” Younhee wondered.

                “He signed it. Damn it..”

 

 

I hate manager Song.. keke..~