Chapter 16

Dear Star, I Love You

 

 

“Hey, what happened to your forehead, dear?” the cody nuna said after she found out the bruise. It has been two days, but the bruise still there.

                “Oh, that.. it has been two days, but it still didn’t disappear. I accidentally knocked by books while I was looking for something from the book shelf.” Youngsaeng answered. At the same time, Jae entered the dressing room.

                “Hey, Jae! When is your show?” the cody nuna asked Jae.

                “Uhm.. at 12. Two hours from now.” He answered. He looked at Youngsaeng, but Youngsaeng didn’t.

                “Oh, then I should prepare you first. Youngsaeng, you’re having a radio show in the evening, right? So I’ll prepare you up later. Jae, wait here. I’m getting your stuffs, and calling up the other cody’s.” She then walked out, leaving the two of them.

                “Well.. is that bruise from the other day?” Jae asked Youngsaeng.

                Youngsaeng was not having the mood to answer. But he hates to just keep quiet. “Why do you mind? Aren’t you feeling great seeing me like this?”

                “That means ‘yes’ I guess. And I’m sure it’s not your girlfriend who did it, right?” he said. That caught youngsaeng’s attention.

                “What made you think it’s not her who did this?” he asked Jae.

                “Well. Because she knew everything already. I don’t know how she manage to realize all your plan. But she said it’s not going to affect her trust towards you. She seems to understand you so well.” Jae answered. Then he remarked “..or she actually still haven’t find out your plans completely?” Youngsaeng was startled.

                “Just mind your own business. I’m tired of being threathened by you like this.” Youngsaeng said to him, while packing his stuffs to leave the room.

                “I won’t either. I won’t be easily affected by my manager’s order again like I did the day before.  Unfortunately someone noticed me holding knife at the theme park, and stories start to spread about me wanting to hurt a girl. My manager influenced me to do so. Now when she knew my popularity will be affected if she did that again, she didn’t order me to do weird things to turn you down. I want to compete with you fairly. And, I’m wishing that you could free yourself from Manager Song too.” Jae’s word made Youngsaeng stopped packing for awhile.

                “Stop being like you know everything, Jae.”

                “I wasn’t. But I went through that before.”

                “Nonsense.” Youngsaeng took his bag, and leave.

As he was walking towards his car, his phone rang. Yoora called him.

                “Hello? Where are you right now?” Yoora asked.

                “I’m heading to my apartment. Why?”

                “Are you free tonight?”

                “I don’t know. I got a schedule this evening. It might ends late.”            

                “Oh.. Jinwoo made it to the final round. We’re going to celebrate it tonight. I thought of taking Eunji here using your car. But it’s okay then. Eunji’s already heading here by bus.”

                Youngsaeng want to join, but he didn’t know when will the radio show ends. “So, you’re going to the bus stand now to pick Eunji? Well, I’ll figure out if I could come join tonight. But i don’t promise, okay?” As he was walking, suddenly he was stopped by someone. A woman.

                “Youngsaeng ah.. you’re going somewhere?” she asked. Youngsaeng was stunned upon seeing her. He almost forgot Yoora was still on the phone.

                 “Who’s that? Your cody nuna?”

                “Oh, you’re on the phone with that girl? You forgot our plans?” the woman said that, this time, louder. Youngsaeng gets nervous.

                “Yoora, I need to leave. Yeah, it’s my cody nuna. We need to get ready for the radio show.” He then ends the call.

                “I thought I said to you I’m not joining the plan, isn’t it?” Youngsaeng said. The woman leaned on his car.

                “Well, I don’t know, but Manager Song really want it to happen. You know, the story of you dating a country girl, is spreading wildly among your fans. Taking note of that, your popularity is going down. And it’s not good for your manager.”

                “Listen, Miss Lee Younhee. You’re also a rising actress. You wasn’t afraid of being involved with me? Your reputation might went down as well. Don’t forget, you’ve just debuted last year. I know you’ve made a great drama debut, that’s why you’re so popular now.”

                “That’s why Manager Song needs me to help you regain your popularity.”

                “I don’t want it.” Youngsaeng then pushed her aside, and went into his car. But at the very important momet where he need to disappear quickly, he can’t find his car keys. Then, he realized it was unlocked. But he just went inside and sit.

                “What makes you think you have the right to not working on this plan?” A voice came from behind his seats. Youngsaeng looked behind, and surprised.

                “Manager hyung? How’d you..?” He was surprised at how his manager gt his car key.

                “Don’t forget. I control your life now. I can do more than this. Now are you still going to cancel this plan?”

                Youngsaeng can’t believe it. He’s in the dead end.

 

 

What's the real plan Manager Song has been planning on exactly? Who is Lee Younhee?