Chapter 17

Dear Star, I Love You

Somehow, Jae heard all  the conversations between Youngsaeng and Younhee. He was catching for Youngsaeng as he left his car key at the room. Behind the small walls of where Youngsaeng parked his car at the parkings, he heard everything, and started to wonder.

 

                “I thought the plan was dating the country girl so he’ll get more hot stories on the net. But, this? Why is Younhee involved? What is Manager Song plan actually?” he thought to himself. Then, he saw Younhee went inside the car, and the three of them left together.

                “I’m so not knowing the reasons of why I should be involved in the matter too. Then, he went back inside, and put Youngsaeng’s car key into his locker.

 

Meanwhile, at Yoora’s house.

                “Why? He hung up already?” Hyemi asked. They were getting prepare to pick Eunji at the bus stand as soon as she arrived.

                “I heard woman’s voice.” Yoora said to Hyemi.

                “What? He’s cheating! Oh my.. he is?” Hyemi got heated up.

                “Calm down! It’s his Cody nuna. He said he got a schedule at the evening. But the cody nuna suddenly came, and he said he need to get prepared early. He didn’t say if he’d come tonight.”

                “Oh.. it’s too tiring dating a top rising star like him..” Hyemi stated.

                “That’s it. Let’s go. Eunji’s arriving I guess. Yah, Jinwoo let’s go!” Jinwoo then came out from the room.

                “Okay, sorry I took some times. Let’s go!”

 

From what Jae heard, Yoora is going to the bus stand. So he was getting ready to go there and meet her. He feels bad for the previous day, and hasn’t feeling calm since then. Then he drove to the bus stand.

                Arrived there, he went out of his car and sat on the bench. Although he didn’t wear any shades, but none of the passer by notice whom he really is. Maybe some noticed him, but they went to talk among themselve and pointing their hands out towards him ( as if they’re gossiping IN FRONT OF him..)

                “Huh.. I’m so not being well-promoted. Should I continue my career?” He talks to himself, and stopped when someone pat him at the back. He looked behind, and saw a girl.

                “You’re Jae, right?” Jae was somehow surprised, as someone finally knows his stage name.

                “Y..yes.. you know me?”

                “I might not be your biggest fan, but I really love seeing you up on stage! So, am I considered as fan as well? I’m sorry coz I’m from the country, so I’m not knowing the terms well..”

                “Oh.. it’s okay.. but what’s your name?” Jae asked.

                “I’m Eunji!” Jae was stunned upon hearing that name. “Eunji.. Eunji.. where did I heard that?” he thought to himself.

“So, you’re going to the bus stand now to pick Eunji? Well, I’ll figure out if I could come join tonight. But i don’t promise, okay?”

                Jae remembered then. It was the one Youngsaeng was talking about. He then turned to Eunji, and asked, “So, you know this girl called Yoora?”

                Eunji was surprised when he asked that. “Yeah I’m going to her house. But..You know my unnie’s name? You know her?”

                “Er.. yeah, she’s your sister?”

                “Sort of, not biologically though. She’s my bestfriend.”

                “Heo Youngsaeng too?”

                “Eh? How’d you know this all?” Eunji asked. Jae was about to answer, when they were suddenly approached by Yoora who came towards Eunji.

                Then she noticed Jae. “Hey, you’re the guy! You’re the one whho..” she can’t finish her words as Jae quickly cover his hand on , and drag her to the other side of the bench.

                “Please, don’t say that too loud. Eunji will hear it. Can we talk somewhere else?” Jae let go of his hand, and Yoora can finally breathe.

                “Why do you care of her?” Jae didn’t answer, because he wouldn’t want to say “Because she’s my first fan ever and I don’t want my bad side to be exposed to this precious fan?”

                “I need to talk to you about something. But, let’s send Eunji home first. She said she’s going to your home?”

                “It’s okay, Hyemi and her brother are here too. They can take her home. Let’s finish this thing between you and me, so I won’t have to meet you again later.”

                “Okay that’s a bit hurting.. but I deserve it, isn’t it?” Jae then heads to his car, opened the door to let Yoora step in. Then he saw Hyemi.

                “Where are you taking our Yoora? Who are you?” Hyemi asked him. But Jae was once again stunned upon seeing Hyemi. Well, Hyemi was well dressed that day. Jae was attracted to her appearance.

                “You’re Hyemi?” he asked. And was about to ask more, when Jinwoo arrived.

                “What are you doing?” He stands beside Hyemi. Or we can say, he was kind of protecting-Hyemi-from-a-stranger.

                “Jinwoo, Hyemi, you two take Eunji home first. I got something to be done with this guy.” Yoora said. Then Jae went into his car, and drove away.

                “Who is he?” Hyemi asked.

                “Jae. The singer whom Eunji is being interested at lately. I don’t know why are you so interested in this very unpopular singer, Eunji ah..” He said to Eunji.

                “He’s not popular YET! And why it takes a lot of time for you to come and pick me here?” Eunji scolded Jinwoo.

                “Well, I’ll answer that. He took a lot of time to get ready while coming here.” Hyei answered. Eunji looked at Hyemi’s dress. She noticed Hyemi put more make ups today.

                “Ah, I got it now. It’s because you’re well-dressed like this, so he’s also preparing a lot to go out with you..” Eunji was about to stop her words when her brother eyed her sternly, “..and Yoora unnie!” Yes.. so that’s why..! Haha..” she went to Hyemi’s side. “Unnie, I’m thirsty. Let’s go for pat bing soo before we head home?”

                “Well.. sure, dear. Let’s go, Jinwoo!” Hyemi calls for Jinwoo. Jinwoo then recover himself from an embarassment, and followed them up.

*****

“I apologize for what I did on the previous day. Sincerely, I really regrets of what I’ve done. And I admit it’s embarassing that you already know what I was talking about. I should know I’m failing of becoming a succesful man, no matter in a good way or a bad way.” Jae explained to Yoora.

                Yoora sipped her drink, put it back on the wooden table. Then she holds her hands together on the table, and looked at Jae. She could see he’s so sorry, as his face is different from the day they met in the ferris wheel. She remarked, “well, It’s not good though to keep a revenge for someone like you. But actually I need to thank you though. Because of you, Youngsaeng is being more honest now.”

                “He is? So you mean he’s telling everything?” Jae asked. The conversation he accidentally heard still playing in his mind.

                “Well, sort of.”

                “You don’t feel like he’s hiding something?”

                Yoora seemed to get bothered by that question. The same one like Jinwoo asked her before. “Why are you asking that? I thought your regretted of what you’ve done just now. And now, you’re trying to open another secret of him involving me?” Yoora said to him. Disappointment clearly sounded in her voice.

                “No, I wasn’t. I’m just asking, as I was wondering how you were amazingly trusting him. You know, Idols like him have a hard time in his life more than ordinary people.”

                “Well, even though it’s like that, so far I haven’t heard of any Idols in this country transformed into monsters or something, coz Idols are human too, like ordinary people.” Yoora stated.

                “Okay.. okay. I just want to clear things up. Just one thing. I’d probably sounds too cliché to say this. But, you must know, for anything ridiculous that will happen after this, you must close your ears. Don’t listen. That’s how Idols live. Just, support them if you’re sincere as their fan. Or in this case, as their lover. Okay?” Jae’s word made Yoora attracted to ask more.

                “What do you mean by that? What’s the thing you want to tell me exactly?”

                “No more. That’s all. Like I said, I just want to clear things up. Now, I’m sorry but I got a schedule. Need to leave now. Oh, and this..” Jae took something from his bag. It’s an album of his, with his autograph.

                “Will you, kindly give this to Eunji? I forgot to give this to her.” Yoora took the album. On it, was written – Thanks, my first fan-

                “Don’t say anything. You don’t know how grateful I am right now. Just give it to her. And send my regards to that cute friend of yours. Her name is.. Hye.. Hyemi or something. Okay. Goodbye!” he left quickly before Yoora says anything.

                “This guy.. I really can’t predict his action.. aish..” Yoora said to herself, and left.