Chapter 29

My Life As His Fiancée

First of all I'll like to say thank you. Without all of your guys' support I wouldn't have gotten featured. THANK YOU!!! I love all of you! <3 Welcome new readers, subscribers and commenters.

I hope you enjoy this chapter! :)


 

You sat down in the chair next to Woohyun. His breathing was steady and the heart monitor was beating away. You carefully held his hand as you looked up at his bandaged face. You looked at the clock on the wall. 1:00 am it read. The doctor said that if he doesn’t wake up before 7, he has a high possibility of slipping into a coma. You let out a sigh as you held his hand up to your face. Please wake up.

-------------------------------------------------

Woohyun slowly opened his eyes. He let out a quite groan. He felt weight on his left arm and slowly turned his head to see what was on his arm. He felt pain shoot through his heart as his eyes laid down on you. Your eyes were puffy and you looked exhausted.

He tried to lift his right arm, but the pain that shot through his arm and into the rest of his body he stopped. He wanted to caress you face and push hair out of your face.

The door opened and a nurse came in.

“Ah you’re awake,” she said as she placed the tray she was holding onto the table that resided next to Woohyun.

“Shhh. I don’t want her to wake up,” Woohyun whispered.

The nurse nodded before she turned back to the tray.

“I love you,” Woohyun said as he turned back to look at you.

-------------------------------------------------

Sunggyu walked into the elevator with a bouquet of flowers. His mind raced with thoughts and his recent conversation with Sung Ah.

 

“What happened?” Sung Ah asked as she crossed her arms.

Sunggyu let out a sigh before he started to tell Sung Ah everything. Sung Ah listened and nodded her head.

“I… All of this is my fault. If I didn’t do what I did we wouldn’t be here right now. Feel free to hate me after this,” Sunggyu confessed as he hung his head low. He was waiting for Sung Ah’s reaction.

“Truth be told. I am mad at you. You were supposed to be a good hyung and with that come responsibility with both actions and feelings. But I know how it feels to be blinded by love,” Sung Ah said as memories of her first one-sided love with a sunbae in high school.

“Love it powerful,” Sunggyu mumbled.

“Thank you for telling me the truth. It takes a man not to be a coward,” Sung Ah said patting Sunggyu’s shoulder before she walked back to you and the rest of Infinite.

Sunggyu let out a sigh as he finally let a tear escape his eye. He could no longer hold on to you the way he used to and he finally had to let go.

 

Sunggyu snapped out of his thoughts as he bumped shoulders with a young woman making her drop her belongings.

“I’m sorry. I should have been watching where I was going,” Sunggyu said apologetically as he knelt down to help her pick up her papers.

“It’s okay. I should have been watching where I was going too,” She replied as she picked up the remaining pictures.

One picture in particular caught Sunggyu’s eye, one that he could not let go of. She noticed this and noticed which picture he had seen. Everyone seemed to act the same way when they saw it.

“It’s weird right?” She asked.

“No. It’s really pretty, just the quote that…” Sunggyu started, but after he looked up to the woman he noticed she was in a patience’s attire.

“Life hurts a lot more than death. To be set free of this pain one must die, and in order to be set free, I am willing to die,” She said.

For some reason he felt pain in his heart. He felt like she was more fragile than she looked. He just stared at her.

“Seems like you’ve been through a lot of pain too,” She announced.

Sunggyu was taken aback.

“I can see it in your eyes,” she said.

“I… I have,” Sunggyu sighed, “It just feels like no one understands…”

“I feel the same way,” she said as she played with her hospital ID bracelet.

Sunggyu just looked at her.

“Well. I have to get going know,” she said as she tried to brighten up the mood. Sunggyu just stood still.

“I’ll catch you later,” she said with a bright smile before she continued on her way down the hall.

“Wait!” Sunggyu called out.

“Hum?” she asked turning around.

“Where can I find you again?” he asked.

She smiled and replied, “The CCU or room 218.”

He smiled and made a mental note to himself.

“Bye now,” she called before turning back around.

“Wait!” Sunggyu yelled again, but she quickly turned the corner.

“I should have asked what your name was,” Sunggyu mumbled to himself as he mentally slapped himself.

You’re different. You not like the other girls I met only wanting to be with me due to wealth or reputation. It… it feels weird saying this, but it feels like I need to be by your side to help you with what you’re going through.

-------------------------------------------------

You walked into Woohyun’s room with a tray of warm water to find Woohyun already awake.

“Hey you’re awake!” you yelled quickly walking over to the table next to him to set down the water bowl. He eyed you carefully.

You quickly got out your phone and was about to dial Sung Ah’s number when Woohyun asked you, “Do I know you?”

Your eyes widen and your heart skipped a beat before you replied, “I-I’m your finacée.”

“Finacée? Where’s Ji Young?” he asked.

Your heart sank and broke into pieces as the phone slipped from your hands. It hit the floor and broke. Sunggyu and the nurse came rushing in to see what fell. You were standing there emotionless.

“Hey! Sunggyu, get this weird girl out of my sight,” Woohyun called.

Sunggyu wanted to go punch Woohyun right there and then, but he remembered what Woohyun went through and quickly came to your side.

“~~~~~ let’s go talk outside,” Sunggyu whispered to you as he carefully pulled you out of the room.

Once outside you broke down.

“He… he doesn’t remember me,” you said gasping for air. Sunggyu rubbed your arm trying to calm you down.

“W-why can’t he remember me?!” you cried as tears fell from your eyes.

Sunggyu had no other choice, but to pull you into a hug.

“He… he doesn’t remember me,” you sobbed into his chest.

“Shhhh. I know he’ll remember you soon,” Sunggyu said.

He doesn’t remember me.

-

-

This is for your own good ~~~~~.


Hope you guys like it. I had a debate on what would happen and I decided to go with this one. I must say that it will be confusing to begin with, but with the next chapters I'll start to reveal and explain so hopefully in the end it'll make sense. >< As for Sunggyu, we'll have to see how things work out. ;P

Once again I'll like to thank all of you for the support and comments! <3

 

Comment and sbscribe! ^^

-Andie