The Van Ride and Dinner

Romantic & Idol S3: I Love You

The van ride back home was very strange. Not because there was an awkward silence. But because there was no moment of silence at all. Siwan, who only talked moderately compared to chatterboxes Doojoon, Hyuna and Eunji, was very hyper and started any game he could think of. He was also laughing a lot, even at simple things that nobody finds funny. Hyosung, meanwhile, was her usual self.


[INTERVIEW] Hyosung: I think I kind of expected it, that Siwan likes Hyuna. He tried not to make it obvious, and treated me well during our date but his eyes betrayed him. Especially while Myungsoo and Hyuna were doing the back hug, he was smiling and talking a lot but I swear I could hear his heart breaking. I liked Siwan, but not enough to try and win him over. I do hope he wins Hyuna's heart.


While the others were in chaos changing seats because of a game, Hyuna sat beside Siwan, who was the first to be eliminated. He was talking nonsense now and trying to distract the other players.
He looked to his right and, at that moment, their eyes met. For just three seconds.
"OUT!" Chanyeol shouted.
"What?!" Hyuna broke eye contact and complained about being eliminated already.
"Hyosung pointed at you and you didn't react in three seconds. So, you're out!" Doojoon made it clear.
"Ah, this is unfair! I didn't even notice!" Hyuna started whining again.
"This is your fault, Siwan oppa!"
Siwan looked at her, completely shocked. "Why me?! YOU were the one who stared at ME."
"You distracted me with that big red circle on your forehead!" she pointed at it.
Siwan could feel his temper rising up. Unbelievable. He tried to calm down before talking to her again.
"Hyuna-ya, who do you think threw the ball that made this big red circle on my forehead?"
"Your forehead is just sensitive. So it's your fault!" she crossed her arms and squinted her eyes at him.
Yours. Yours. Yours. Yours. They engaged at a staring contest for a minute before realizing it was pointless, no one was going to admit it was their fault. They ignored each other for the rest of the way home.


Meanwhile, driver Myungsoo could hear Suzy sniffle from the front seat.
"Are you crying?" he asked, concerned.
"No. I think I caught a cold." she kept sniffling.
"Arasseo, when we get home I'll make you hot soup."
"Oppa, you know how to make soup?" she knew he was a good cook, but soup was one of the very few things he can't make.
He thought about it for awhile, before realizing he can't. "I'll make you tea, then.", he changed his offer.
"There's no tea in our kitchen. The store didn't have it, either." she informed him.
"Looks like there's no other choice. I'll just offer you hot water." he laughed. "This is the first time I've ever offered someone hot water to cure their cold."


By the time they got back to the house, everyone was hungry. Tonight, it was Suzy and Hyuna's turn to cook. And it was Myungsoo and Siwan's turn to prepare the table. The other four idols were relaxing in the garden.
Doojoon was telling Hyosung the story of Chanyeol's self-proclaimed "legendary" no-touch back hug for Eunji.
With just Doojoon's imitation, Hyosung was already laughing so much.
"You should see the real thing. It's so  much funnier." he told her and called Chanyeol-Eunji, who were talking at the swing, over to them.
"Ne, hyung?" Chanyeol asked, a bit annoyed that Doojoon interrupted his alone time with Eunji.
He asked them to show Hyosung the back hug that they did.
The two willingly obeyed and did the back hug. Hyosung almost fell to the floor laughing.
Doojoon, who was having so much fun, asked them to do it again.
And they did. Again. And Again. And three times more. On the eighth time, the naive couple finally noticed something wrong.
"Ya, oppa! Why are you making us do this again and again?" Eunji asked.
"The first two times it was funny because of the back hug. The next times were just funny because you two are so easy to fool! Kekeke." he answered.
"Eunji-ya, let's not play with these two bullies ever again. Hmph. Let's go!" Chanyeol held Eunji's wrist and then they parted ways with Doojoon-Hyosung.


A few minutes later, Suzy called out to the four idols in the garden, "Everyone, the food is almost ready! Please proceed to the dining area."
She came back to the kitchen and caught Hyuna adding a lot of red pepper to one bowl of kimchi.
"Unnie! Why did you put so many?! That's not a bowl of kimchi with red pepper. That's a bowl of red pepper with kimchi." she said.
"Ssshhh! This is for Siwan oppa. As the saying goes, revenge is a dish best served spicy." Hyuna said, followed by a hair-raising evil laugh.
"Unnie, that's not right..." Suzy awkwardly started to say something.
"Why not? He made me angry earlier in the van, saying everything's my fault..." she explained.
"No, unnie, I mean... the saying is not right. It's not "best served spicy". The saying goes, "revenge is a dish best served cold.""
Hyuna stared blankly at nerdy Suzy. "Oh my God. You're Siwan oppa's long lost twin."
"Huh?"
"Nevermind. I'll serve this to him first." Hyuna went to the dining area for her revenge.
...


Hyuna placed the bowl of kimchi in front of Siwan. He looked up at her.
"That's my peace offering." she lied.
He smiled. "So you're not mad at me anymore? We're okay now?", he stretched out his hand for a handshake.
"Of course, we're okay. Please eat it well." a mischievous smile appeared on her face upon seeing Siwan take a spooonful of the kimchi.
"Thanks. I'll eat it well." he said, before eating.
When the food touched his tongue, he felt like his whole face was going to explode. If he was a cartoon character, there'd be fire coming out of his mouth and smoke from his ears and nose.
No. Don't spit it out. This is Hyuna's peace offering. He controlled his expression.
"How's the taste?" Hyuna asked, smiling like she had just won a music award.
It's *bleep* *bleep* spicy, he thought.
"It's delicious. Really delicious!" he gave her a thumbs up.
What the.. Did I not put in enough red peppers? she thought, shocked that Siwan found it delicious.
"But why aren't you eating more? You just ate one spoonful..." she told him. Maybe the second spoonful will have all the spice.
But Siwan just kept on eating and eating. He'd had about seven spoonfuls and kept reassuring her that it was delicious, and she cooked really well.
Hearing Siwan praise Hyuna's cooking skill a lot, Chanyeol became curious and ate one spoonful from Siwan's kimchi bowl.
Chanyeol immediately spat it out onto his plate and ran to the sink. He buried his whole head under the faucet and let the water rush through his mouth.
"You said it's delicious, why would he..?" Curious Doojoon also ate a spoonful of the kimchi and ended up with the same fate as Chanyeol.
Hyosung finally realized what was going on and asked Myungsoo to eat some too.
"No thanks. It doesn't look like a bowl of kimchi. It looks like a bowl of red pepper." he answered, not getting fooled like the three other boys.

 

Suzy rushed out of the kitchen. "Hyuna Unnie, did you prank Chanyeol oppa and Doojoon oppa with the peppers too? They're in the kitchen fighting over who gets to wash their mouth in the sink."
Siwan put down his spoon and went into his room without a word.
Was I too mean? Hyuna wondered as Siwan disappeared into his room.
"Did I say something wrong? Why is the mood so weird?" a clueless Suzy asked.
"Suzy-ah, let's get you something for your cold." Myungsoo stood up and led Suzy to the other house, where Eunji was making soup.
"Myungsoo oppa asked me to. He said you really needed it." Eunji told her and gave her a bowl.
"Awww, so touching. Thank you oppa. Thank you unnie." she bowed at both of them.
Myungsoo watched as Suzy excitedly started on the soup.
"But Eunji unnie, in the other house just now...Siwan oppa..." Suzy, very much like your neighborhood gossip source, told Eunji the whole kimchi prank story.

"Siwan oppa must be so mad." Eunji concluded.
"Yeah, my mouth felt like it was going to rot from that spicy kimchi!" Eunji almost fell off her seat from the shock. The voice was Chanyeol's. She didn't even notice him taking a seat beside her.
"Ah what is this! How can you just appear suddenly like that?! You scared me..." she hit his shoulder a few times, her heart still beating fast from the shock.
And Chanyeol just sat there, with a look on his face that says What did I do wrong?

.....
A/N: Kekekeke. Siwan is mad. Suzy has a cold. Chanyeol is still kind of invisible to Eunji. And Hyosung is turning into a female version of Doojoon.

Next chapter will be a continuation of the idols' interactions in the house. The second dates will start at Chapter 10. ^.^

Again, thanks for commenting and subscribing! :)