Mission: Backhug

Romantic & Idol S3: I Love You

While having breakfast, the pairs received their First Date Mission: The Back Hug.

Chanyeol grew bright red just by watching the video. He had counted up to 15 ways on how he could give Eunji a backhug when the video finished.
He looked up at her expectantly. But she just continued digging on her food like the video was no big deal.
"What do you think? Can we do this?" Chanyeol asked, hoping to get more reactions from her.
"It's fine. But let's eat first. I'm still hungry." she simply said.
What the... I guess I'm the only one getting excited..., he thought.
Excited Chanyeol became Sad Chanyeol. He stared at her with sad eyes.
"Why? Is there something on my face?" she could feel his eyes staring through to her.
"Nope, there's nothing." he gave a loud sigh.
"Oh, okay." She continued on her food.
Chanyeol sighed again. Eunji looked up at him and at the food again. He sighed again. She ignored it. And then he sighed again.
"Is something wrong? Are you sick?" she finally asked.
"No! Absolutely not! I'll wait for you to finish eating, and then let's do the mission."
...
Doojoon could only awkwardly laugh after seeing the video. He covered his head with the menu to hide his blushing face, and kept laughing.
"Suzy-ah. I'm sorry but... can you not look at me right now?" he said, still hiding behind the menu.
"Why not?"
"I'm embarrassed. I'm not usually like this but... that video is just too much skinship. Kekekeke."
"I understand. I'll just go to the restroom. I saw something pretty there earlier."
Restroom? Pretty? Doojoon curiously looked up at her "Ya, it's a restroom. What could be pretty inside a restroom?"
"Me and my reflection in the mirror." she joked.
His face turned sour. "Wow. Suzy. I didn't know you were this kind of person..."
"Just kidding! The soap they have for washing hands are so pretty. One is shaped like Bugs Bunny. Another one is like Pororo the Penguin!" her eyes came alive.
"Isn't this illegal?" Doojoon looked at the PD.
"What's illegal?" Suzy asked.
"I'm on a date with a 10 year-old who likes Bugs Bunny and Pororo."
"Ah oppa! I'm not a 10 year-old!" she sulked.
"Just kidding. Kekeke, now go to the restroom and wash your hands with your Bugs Bunny soap." he continued to .
...
At the beach, Hyosung and Siwan were already preparing for the mission. He borrowed the video camera and started a cute role-play.
"Hello, actress Jun Hyosung. I'm reporter Im Siwan. Is it true you're filming a drama here right now?"
"Yes, the title of the drama is "Beautiful Jun Hyosung" she said, giving the camera her trademark gummy smile.
"I thought the drama title was "Jun Hyosung: Showing too much gums when she smiles." he joked.
"Well, you heard wrong!" she shouted at him.
"I'm sorry. Another thing, people say your co-star is very handsome." he started again.
"He is a little handsome. But don't ever let him drive. You'll get lost." the gummy smile appeared again.
His expression suddenly changed. He passed the camera to Hyosung and turned to leave, stomping on the sand with every step he took.
"I'm not doing this backhug. I'm going home!" he pouted.
Hyosung followed him, laughing.
He stopped and looked at the camera, holding up a V-sign. "Twice. We only got lost twice."
"And how many times did you ever drive here in Jeju?" she asked.
"Two." he whispered with a low voice.
"Two out of two! We'll let the audience decide that. Kekeke" Feeling like she won, Hyosung ended the interview.
...
Myungsoo kept replaying the video. He was sitting alone at the table.
Hyuna had gone to the restroom to freak out about the Back Hug Mission.
Because Myungsoo kept quiet, the PD decided to ask him a question. "What do you think of the mission?"
"It's interesting." he replied and went quiet again.
"How are you feeling right now?" the PD continued.
"I'm flustered." he replied.
"Do you think you two can finish the mission well?" the PD asked again.
"Yes." he said, and went back to watching the video again.
The PD sighed in frustration. Trying to make Myungsoo talk was a harder mission than the couples' back hug.
Few Words Mysterious Myungsoo turned to the PD, looking like he was going to say something more.
But he just looked back at the video and kept quiet again.
Hyuna came back a few minutes later, talking about a "funny story she just remembered".
Myungsoo shifted his attention from the video,to the talking Hyuna.
She kept on talking for five more minutes.
The boy rarely talks. The girl talks too much. What a bizaare couple, the PD thought while filming their date.
Upon finishing her story, Hyuna stopped talking for a few seconds to catch her breath. She looked out the window and saw a happy Siwan-Hyosung doing their mission.
...
Siwan was sprawled out on the sand, his hands holding his stomach. "Ah, this is too funny! Can we even finish this by today?"
An embarrassed Hyosung looked on over him "Ya, it's not my fault I was born like this!" she said.
He stood up to face her "I know that. But it's everywhere... you say it's tickling everywhere!"
"Tickling?" it's the first time she heard the word.
Siwan boasted of his internet-like brain and gave her the meaning. "Tickling, according to dictionarydotcom, is the act of touching a part of the body so as to cause involuntary twitching movements and/or laughter".
"Wow. Just when I thought it wasn't possible for you to be more nerdy, you say things like these." she applauded him.
"Your neck. Your shoulders. Your stomach. They all tickle, so where should I do the back hug? To your knees?" he crouched down and did a back hug on her knees.
Hyosung twitched again and started laughing like crazy.
Siwan laid back down on the sand and started flailing his arms and legs in the air. "Ah! This is... really..!" he screamed his frustration to the wind.


"What the! What's wrong with the two of you?" Hyuna said, looking at the sorry scene of a crazy girl laughing and a child-like boy throwing a tantrum.
Hyuna and Myungsoo had walked up to the beach to do their mission.
"Great! You two go first. We'll watch you." Hyosung told them and walked off to the side.
Siwan remained sprawled out on the sand.
Myungsoo and Hyuna stared at him.
"Don't mind me. I'll just lay here quietly. You won't even know I'm here." he closed his eyes and pretended to fall asleep.
"YA! OPPA, GO OVER THERE!" Hyuna screamed and pointed over to the side where Hyosung was.
Shocked Siwan immediately got up, obeying at her commander-like tone.
"Thank you." she said, this time with a feminine voice.
...
At another beach, Chanyeol and Eunji were finally ready for the mission. Chanyeol's excitement meter was now at its maximum.
Upon spotting Doojoon and Suzy's arrival, Eunji ran to them shouting "Suzy! Doojoon oppa!"
Chanyeol could imagine smoke coming out from his nose and ears. He was jealous of Doojoon. And now, he was mad at Eunji for running to him the moment she saw him.
"Eunji-ya, are you two done?" Doojoon patted her on the back. Chanyeol's eyes widened.
"Not yet, we're just about to start." she answered, smiling back at him. Chanyeol gritted his teeth.
"Us too. I guess we can watch each other's mission and laugh at each other's mistakes, right Suzy?" Doojoon turned to his partner.
"That's a great idea! Let's do it!" an enthusiastic Suzy replied.

Since Eunji and Chanyeol got there first, they attempted the mission first. Eunji gave a thumbs-up to Chanyeol "We can do this!" she said. But Angry Chanyeol was still angry.
The original video showed a boy walking over gently to the girl...
Chanyeol stomped his way across, spreading sand everywhere
...with the look of love in his eyes...
He looked like a tall, raging red bull making its way to an enemy
...and locks her in a romantic, tight embrace.
And then he stretched his long arms out in front of Eunji and made a big circle. Not touching even a bit of her skin.

Suzy, who found it funny from the start, finally fell over... laughing so much that tears were coming out of her eyes.
"Chanyeol oppa, so cute!" she couldn't help but shout out.

[INTERVIEW] Eunji: Chanyeol oppa is a tall bundle of emotions. I don't get him. First he's disappointed, then happy, then excited, then sad, then excited again, then angry, and then he doesn't care. His mood changes so many times in just two hours.

...
While the Siwan-Hyosung and Chanyeol-Eunji couples struggled with their missions, the Doojoon-Suzy and Myungsoo-Hyuna couples finished theirs with no more than 4 mistakes.


Doojoon-Suzy finished their mission like professional actors.
Myungsoo-Hyuna were awkward at first. But they quickly captured the atmosphere and portrayed the scene like a real dating couple.
The two other couples could only look on in envy.

After everyone succeeded their missions, the PD gathered all 4 couples in one beach. A new "couple games tournament" will be taking place, with the winning couple receiving a special "secret" prize.

....

A/N: Wooow. I finished writing this one faster than the other chapters. I was reading all the comments and ended up typing (and fangirling over) a whole chapter in one sitting. Kekeke.

A love triangle will be born in the next chapter, so please look forward to it! ^_^