Aftermath

Romantic & Idol S3: I Love You

After the Midway Selection...


PD: Hyuna and Suzy both chose you as their Midway Selection. How are you feeling right now?
Myungsoo: This is all too sudden. Honestly, I didn't expect anyone would pick me. Out of all the idols here, I'm the one who talks the least. So I thought I didn't have enough interactions with them apart from the dates...
PD: If you were to choose between Hyuna and Suzy now, who would you choose?
Myungsoo: Ah.. that... There's a lot to think about, so I can't really answer right now. I have to be sure.

PD: Suzy, what do you feel about the Midway Selection?
Suzy: Sooo awkward. Our seating arrangement was like, Siwan oppa..Hyuna unnie...Myungsoo oppa...and me. I could feel everyone's eyes were on us. I chose Myungsoo oppa because he has been very kind and caring to me. And I mistook that kindness, thinking that he liked me. Anyway, it's good that Myungsoo oppa and Hyuna unnie formed a couple. I'll just be happy for them.

Meanwhile, the two people who volunteered to make the midnight snack had made a mess of the kitchen. Drawers were all swung open and plenty of food packets were lying on the floor. A small kindergarten-like fight was going on between two 25-year old idols.
"Why don't you want this? It's really delicious! We have to cook this." Doojoon put the pancake box on the tray.
"Ya! That's too much calories! Are you trying to destroy our girl groups' careers?" Hyosung said while putting away the pancake box and placing no-fat thin crackers on the tray instead.
He looked wide-eyed at the thin crackers before him. "Well that looks like it won't be enough even for one person! No way! I'm cooking the pancakes."
"You can't! All of us will have these crackers! No pancakes!"
"Then let's do it this way, the guys will eat the pancakes and the girls will eat crackers."
"Are you kidding me right now?" she glared at him. "You guys will eat pancakes infront of us girls who have to keep our diet?"
"Then skip the diet for tonight. Just eat. Why are you making such a big deal?"
"Guys are so insensitive..." She shook her head at him and walked out.

As she was walking out, she crossed paths with Chanyeol who was eating ice cream. She gave him a glare.
Innocent Chanyeol mistook the glare for a look meaning 'I want ice cream too'. So he took one spoonful and offered it to her.
"Oh, Hyosung noona! Do you want some?" he offered.
"Food again?! Get it out of my sight!" She looked at him with raging eyes. And he just froze on the spot.
"Aish! Why is everyone annoying me today?!" she said as she walked past him. Chanyeol just stared, not knowing what he did wrong.
Does Hyosung noona hate ice cream? Or maybe she has ice cream allergy... Right, that must be why she's angry. He continued to walk towards the kitchen and this time bumped into Doojoon.
"Hi hyung, ice cre..." he tried to greet him.
"Excuse me." Looking angry, Doojoon just walked past him. Again, Chanyeol just stared, not knowing what he did wrong.
What the... does he have an ice cream allergy too? Aigoo, I should stop offerring food to people when I don't know their allergies. He finally made it to the kitchen. He set down the ice cream cup on the kitchen counter.
Almost immediately, another person's hand grabbed the cup. It was Eunji. She was about to eat a spoonful of the ice cream when...
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT!" Chanyeol screamed, loud enough to be heard all the way to Seoul.
Eunji froze. She could feel her eardrums tingling from Chanyeol's scream.
He took the ice cream from her to ask her a question first.
"Before you eat this, tell me..."
What the. Is he being greedy with the ice cream because I didn't choose him? She looked at him suspectingly.
"...do you have an ice cream allergy?" He paused, waiting for an answer.
What's with the random question? He's totally gone cuckoo crazy. "What kind of question... Give me that." She reached out for the ice cream cup.
"No way. Answer the question first." He stretched his arm up high so she can't reach it.
"Give me that!" She jumped and jumped but couldn't get it.
"Hahaha you're really short!" he teased.
"Eunji unnie! It's your turn at the interview room." Suzy, who has just finished her interview went to get Eunji.
"Oh, okay. I'm going now." She answered her and gave Chanyeol a cold stare while leaving.

PD: You said you didn't have feelings for anyone. What about now? How do you feel about Chanyeol?
Eunji: He's seriously the weirdest idol I've ever met.
PD: Do you like him?
Eunji: Do I like Chanyeol? Me? ... Pfft, like.. huh.. what are you saying.. Chanyeol? Pffft.. Hahaha..
PD: Why aren't you answering?
Eunji: Hahahahahahaha!

PD: How do you feel now after finding out that you and Hyosung have the same feelings?
Doojoon: Same feelings, my foot. I guess I spoke too early. We can't even agree on what midnight snack to eat.
PD: Did you have a lovers' quarrel?
Doojoon: .... No we did not!

"Oppa, can we talk?" Siwan heard a voice from behind him. He turned back to see who it was. It was Hyuna, more serious than he had ever seen her before.
He nodded his head and led her to the bench at the garden. "Of course. What is it?"
"About the Midway Selection..." she began.
"Oh, that? Don't think too much about it. I'm just here to play around. I'm not really looking to date someone. I just picked you because it was convenient. Because we're friends."
"What do you mean?"
"Actually, I'm really happy for you and Myungsoo! I..." Suddenly he dropped the can of juice he was drinking. It made a plonk sound and rolled away. He followed after it, leaving Hyuna alone.

"And the best actor award goes to... Im Siwan! Everybody please give him a round of applause." Eunji said seriously as she snuck up behind Siwan.
He panicked and covered , knowing that Hyuna might overhear. "Sssshh! What the frick are you saying?"
"No oppa. What are YOU saying to Hyuna unnie? "I just picked you because it was convenient. I'm just here to play around."? You're hurting yourself."
"I know what I'm doing, okay? Meanwhile, you focus on yourself and Chanyeol."
"I'm just concerned for you, that's all. Three years. You liked her for three years and now you're pretending like it's nothing. By the way, the interview room is waiting for you."
"Myungsoo matches her well. She likes him. He likes her. She'll be happy." He didn't know if he said that  to assure Eunji or himself. Anyway, he headed toward the interview room and Eunji went to join Hyuna on the bench.

PD: .....
Siwan: Ah, why are you all looking at me like that? It's fine. Go ahead, ask me a question.
PD: Are you okay?
Siwan: I said it before. If she still doesn't have feelings for me now, she'll never have feelings for me ever. I have to let go.
PD: Again, are you okay?
Siwan: *smiles* I will be...

PD: How did you feel when Eunji chose no one?
Chanyeol: Very happy! *smiles from ear to ear with his face turning bright red*
PD: Well that's.. um, unexpected. We thought you'd be sad that Eunji didn't choose you.
Chanyeol: Ah, that? Well I think of it this way. Eunji doesn't like anyone right now. That means I have no love rival! There's still a chance for me. Kekekeke.
PD: Oh.. Ah well, that's... positive thinking...

Meanwhile, 4D Suzy was busily trying to hang a clothesline from one side of the garden to the other. She had successfully attached one side to a tree branch, but was having trouble reaching the branch of the tree on the other side. It was too far up. Suddenly, someone's hand took it from her. It was Myungsoo. She just looked at him as he tried to reach the tree branch... but he couldn't.

"Get on my back and tie this to the tree. That's the only way we'll reach it." he told her.
"What?" Suzy said, dumbfounded.
"I'll be fine. Go ahead." He knelt before her and offered her his back.
Finally, Suzy had successfully finished hanging the clothesline.
"Why did you decide to hang a clothesline anyway?" he asked her.
"I ran out of handkerchiefs. I'm going to wash them tonight and hang them here so they would dry."
Myungsoo looked at the clothesline again. Well that's a lot of handkerchiefs, he thought. It was long enough to fit 50 handkerchiefs.
"Wow. How many handkerchiefs do you have?"
"Two." she answered, innocently.
Myungsoo tried so hard to suppress his laugh. Sometimes he just doesn't know how Suzy's brain works.

After leaving the interview room, Siwan saw that Hyuna was fast asleep on the bench. He went to his room to get her a blanket. He picked up his Super Siwan Blanket and smiled. (Hyuna gave him this as a birthday present last year when she was going through her 'Superman' phase. They watched the movie 50 times and every time he had to be the 'Korean subtitle' for her. At one point, when he lost in a game they played, she punished him by making him wear his underwear over his pants 'like Superman'. That was the only time he ever questioned why he became friends with this crazy girl. ) With the blanket in hand, he was about to go to her when he saw Suzy looking out the window. He stood beside her to see what she was looking at. It was Hyuna, and she's no longer alone. Myungsoo's with her.

Myungsoo put a blanket over sleeping Hyuna. And, seeing that she looked uncomfortable trying to sleep on the bench, he sat beside her. He grabbed hold of her sleepy head and offered his shoulder for her to lean on. He was careful not to make a sound, so he won't wake her. For several minutes, he just stared at her peacefully sleeping face. She also talked in her sleep.

Meanwhile, the two people who were watching from afar were also silent. Well, they were silent until...
"AAAAAACHOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Suzy's cat-like sneeze ruined the moment. Myungsoo looked toward her direction and she immediately crouched down to hide herself.
Siwan who was standing beside her began to laugh. "Are you okay?"
"Yup." she said while sniffing.
He put the blanket over her shoulders, like a jacket. "They say jealousy makes your cold worse. Let's stop watching." he said as he led her to the dining area.

PD: How did you feel when Doojoon chose you too?
Hyosung: I thought of it... and I came to a conclusion. We're not a match at all.
PD: Did you two have a lover's quarrel already?
Hyosung: ... No we did not!

PD: Myungsoo and Siwan both chose you for their Midway Selection. How do you feel about that?
Hyuna: There was a lot of talk after the reveal. And... after those talks... I found out how they really felt. I'm relieved now, now that I'm sure of what I feel.
PD: And... who do you feel it for?
Hyuna: You know who he is. You have cameras all over the house! Kekeke.


"Siwan oppa!" Hyuna ran to him after seeing him standing in the garden. She felt a lot less awkward with him now.
He turned around and smiled at her. "You look better now. You finally made up your mind, didn't you?"
"Yes, thanks to you." she smiled back.
Yep, thanks to me... He nodded, feeling defeated.  "Myungsoo! Come over here and join us!"
Myungsoo stood beside Hyuna. "What are you guys doing?" he asked.
"Just staring at the moon." she answered.
"Ah! It's my turn to wash the dishes tonight! Excuse me, I have to go. You two stay here and admire the moon. Kekeke." Siwan said.
"Oh, okay." Myungsoo and Hyuna replied, with smiles on their faces.
He turned his back and started walking toward the house.
"I love this place!" He overheard Hyuna tell Myungsoo.

Those words...I'm sure I heard that before. Rather, I'm sure I said that before. Exactly when did I... Siwan racked over his memory bank.
 

"I love this place! This table! Those plants! That window! These band-aids..." Basically, he named anything and everything he saw at that moment and said he loved them. Hyuna just sat across him, looking shocked.
 

Wait a minute.. why was she shocked? He tried to remember more...
 

"Hyuna-ya." he whispered. "I love you."

Heol.