Reunion: Part 1

Romantic & Idol S3: I Love You

The final decision reveal took place in Namsan. The four girls waited for the boys to arrive. They anxiously waited to see who would stay in front of them, and who would leave and move on. At the base of the tower were love lock trees, where couples attach a lock to the tree, essentially “locking in” their love. 

The four boys arrived in Namsan thirty minutes later. To start off, each of them were given a lock. 

PD: You know about the famous love lock trees in Namsan, right? When you finally stand in front of the person you chose, you will give her that lock and ask her if she would like to “lock it in” to the love lock tree with you. If she agrees, the two of you will successfully make a couple. If she does not, she will give the lock back to you, meaning that you were not the person she chose as her final decision.

After that day, two new locks were successfully locked in to the love lock tree. 

--

THREE MONTHS LATER

“I'd like to make a toast. Out of the three seasons of Romantic & Idol, this is the first time a couple formed through the show made their dating relationship public. Cheers! To Chanyeol and Eunji!” The program's PD raised his glass in front of the idols. “Doojoon, can you please read that article out loud again?” the PD added.

--

Breaking News – EXO's Chanyeol and Apink's Eunji confirmed dating
On January 17, Dispatch released an article about the two idols' relationship. SM Entertainment later confirmed the rumors in their official statement “We have confirmed the rumors with Chanyeol. They are in the beginning stages of a relationship. The two began developing feelings for each other while filming the 3rd Season of tvN's Romantic & Idol. Please look over them fondly.”

In a separate statement, Acube also confirmed the rumors. “After talking to Eunji, we have found that the two grew closer during Romantic & Idol, that eventually led to a dating relationship. We hope that the fans look over them fondly.”

--

Everyone was teasing Chanyeol and Eunji now. Chanyeol kept shooting sweet stares at Eunji. Meanwhile, Eunji pretended like the sweet stares don't affect her at all, which earned her even more teasing from Hyosung and Hyuna. Chanyeol made a heart sign to her, which made her go red in the face. 

“You two are too cheesy it gives me goosebumps!” Hyosung exclaimed.
“Eyyy, unnie. You're just jealous. When you get a boyfriend, you will probably be more cheesy than Eunji and Chanyeol.” Hyuna .
“We'll see about that. Maybe my blind date later will be the one...” Hyosung replied.
“Oh, right! Hyosung noona, remember the final decision at Namsan?” Myungsoo retold the events that happened that day.

--

FLASHBACK: NAMSAN, "Final decision" day
The four men set off to the path where the four ladies were waiting to reveal their final decision. With locks in hand, they nervously walked up to the first girl idol, Hyosung. Doojoon, Siwan, Chanyeol and Myungsoo stopped in front of her. All four had very fresh smiles on their faces. 

PD: If you chose Hyosung for your final decision, please stay until after the count of 10. If you did not, please walk away and move on to the second girl idol.

After the count of 10, three of the men had walked on. Only Doojoon was left standing in front of Hyosung. Doojoon took one step closer to her and held out his hand with the lock on it.

“Will you?” he asked.

It did not take a second for Hyosung to reach out her hand. She slowly closed Doojoon's fist while smiling apologetically. “I don't think I should be your partner for that.” she said. With that, Doojoon was rejected. But for a rejected man, he was not hurt at all. Maybe because he knew what Hyosung meant by those words.

“Thank you.” he smiled at her.
“Hwaiting Doojoon-ah!” 

From a distance, the other three male idols were watching.

“Oh no, he got rejected.” Chanyeol was as pale as a bond paper now.
Siwan stared at the scene blankly. Other things were on his mind.
“This show is so cruel.” Myungsoo sighed. “Let's go.”
“Oh! It's Eunji.” Siwan blurted out.
Just a few steps up the stairs, Eunji was waiting. Chanyeol suddenly stopped in his tracks. He was breathing heavily now, like he was going to get a panic attack. Siwan and Myungsoo pushed him forward. The three now stood in front of Eunji.

“Just go get her, Chanyeol.” Myungsoo said before walking onwards.
“Chanyeol, fighting!” Siwan also walked away, leaving Chanyeol alone...in front of Eunji.
He just stared at her for several seconds without doing anything.
“What the...are you going to ask me to be your couple or not?” Eunji shot him an impatient look.
“Y-ye-yes.” he managed to answer.
“Let's go then. Lock it in.” she smiled and took his hand.
“Really?” Chanyeol's energy suddenly shot up. This must be the best moment of his life.
“Yes.” Eunji answered, firmly.

Siwan and Myungsoo watched over the scene like proud hyungs. Chanyeol had won over Eunji's heart because of his persistence in pursuing her. Several seconds later, the two men started walking again towards the third girl. Both were very nervous now. Suzy was waiting at the third stop. And Hyuna was waiting at the fourth.

--

“By the way! Doojoon oppa, what happened with your confession? Did it go well? Please tell me it went well.”Hyuna interrupted the flashback for a moment.
“Didn't she tell you?” Doojoon's smile went from ear to ear now.
“She wouldn't tell me, no matter how much I pester her.” Hyuna answered.
“You can ask her later. She's on her way here now.”
“Gayoon's coming here?! Yah, that means...!” Hyuna exclaimed in happiness.
“We're on a very good start.” Doojoon confirmed.

“Let's take a commemorative picture!” the PD got the camera out of his bag and asked the waiter to take a picture of everyone.
“Siwan and Suzy are not yet here.” Hyosung stopped the waiter from taking the picture just yet.
Eunji dialed Siwan's number to tell him to hurry up.

Eunji: Siwan oppa, where are you? The two of you are very late, you know.
Suzy: Eunji unnie, it's me. We'll be there in a few minutes. Siwan oppa's not very good with directions so we got lost for a moment, but we're very close to there now. 
Eunji: Aigoo, why did you even let Siwan oppa drive? You know he's a dimwit when it comes to directions.
Suzy: He insisted on driving. Kekeke.  We'll be there soon.
Eunji: Okay. Take care. Tell Siwan oppa to drive well. See you.

“She said they'll be here soon.” Eunji relayed the message to the others.
“Okay then, let's wait for them.” Hyuna said, still her cheerful self.
Myungsoo nodded in agreement.

--

A/N: So, the next chapter will be the final chapter to this story! We will finally see which couples end up together. ^o^