The Couples Tournament

Romantic & Idol S3: I Love You

When the PD mentioned "Couples Tournament", none of the idols were really interested. Suzy and Myungsoo were staring into space. Hyosung, Hyuna and Siwan's attention were at a small crab crawling out of the sand. Doojoon was teasing Eunji again, so she tried to kick him in the shin. Chanyeol, who was standing between them, got kicked instead.
He looked at her with a surprised face. "What did I do..?"
"Sorry, I was trying to kick Doojoon oppa. Are you okay?" Eunji said, feeling sorry.
"You and your short legs always cause trouble." Doojoon teased again.
"I hate you."she said and glared at Doojoon.
"Chanyeol oppa, does it hurt?"she asked again and unconsciously held on to his elbow.
Electric shock. Chanyeol stared straight to space, trying not to look at Eunji. "I-i'm okay..."

Hyuna nudged Myungsoo's elbow and pointed at the small crab.
"Oh! Is that Mr. Krabs?" he smiled.
"Mr. Who?" she asked.
"The one in Spongebob..." he tried to explain.
"Spongewhat?"
"Nothing." And Myungsoo kept quiet again.
"It's so cute!" Hyosung shrieked.
"Ah, I really want to see it up close..." Hyuna said.
Siwan walked up to the crab and carefully grabbed it with his hands. He went back to the girls.
"Kyaaa! It's so cute!" the two girls petted it like it was a puppy.

While Siwan, Myungsoo, Hyuna and Hyosung were gathered around the crab, Siwan looked around and saw that Doo-Chan-Ji were talking. But blank Suzy was still blank and in her own world. He silently went over to her side.
"Suzy-ah." he said.
She turned her head to look at Siwan, "Yes?"
"Hello!" he surprised her with the crab.
A shocked Suzy screamed. When she tried to run away, she bumped into Myungsoo who followed Siwan when he came to Suzy's side.
"Are you okay?" Myungsoo asked, while holding her by the arms to keep her steady.
"Yes.", she nodded at him.
"Aigoo, this has turned into a romantic comedy..." Siwan said, referring to Myungsoo-Suzy's cheesiness. He walked up near the water, let go of the crab, and went back to Hyuna and Hyosung.

SEMI-FINALS GAME: QUEEN PIGGYBACK
PD: The couples will stay the same. Siwan-Hyosung, Myungsoo-Hyuna, Doojoon-Suzy and Chanyeol-Eunji. Everyone, we will start the first game. This is called Queen Piggyback.
"Piggyback?!" The girls felt embarrassed. The boys felt excited.
PD: The Knights will carry the Queens on their backs, capture the flag over there, and go back to the starting line.
"We won!" Confident soccer player Doojoon high-fived with Suzy.
PD: Let me finish the instructions. The Queen you will carry on your backs, is your opponent's Queen. The Queen should do anything to prevent you from getting the flag. The first Knight to get back to the starting line with the flag, wins.
The Queens' evil laugh could be heard all the way to Seoul. The Knights looked worried for their own lives.

While the idols were walking to their positions, Myungsoo tapped Hyuna's shoulder and showed her a picture on his phone.
"This is Spongebob." he told her.
Hyuna smiled and nodded. He still hadn't gotten over what they were talking about earlier.
He scrolled over to the next picture and showed it to her again.
"This is Mr. Krabs."
"Okay, I'll remember their faces from now on. Kekeke" she smiled at him. Myungsoo looked content.

PD: The first match will be: Queen Hyosung and Knight Siwan vs. Queen Eunji and Knight Chanyeol. Please get ready.
Hyosung positioned herself behind Chanyeol. Eunji prepared behind Siwan. The audience looked on, a little worried, but more excited.
"Hyosung noona, why are you suddenly stretching? You're scaring me." Chanyeol looked intimidated by competitive Hyosung.
Meanwhile, Eunji was preparing her fists. Each of her knuckles made a cracking sound.
"The PD said to slow us down, okay? Not to kill us." Siwan made it clear to the girls, who looked ready to break some bones.

When the PD signalled the start of the game, Hyosung got onto Chanyeol's back and Eunji got onto Siwan's back. The two guys started walking toward the flag.

A few seconds later, Siwan fell face first onto the sand. Eunji had gotten him into a headlock.
"Let go..." he said as he tried to free himself.
"No!" she resisted and locked in even harder.
"Not letting go?!"
He rose up, face covered with sand, and forced Eunji onto his back. She pulled on his hair, covered his eyes, and dragged her feet on the sand. But the Busan man slowly but surely captured the flag. With teeth gritted, he reached the starting line.
Meanwhile, Chanyeol... was stuck on the sand. Hyosung had managed to cling onto his legs, not allowing him to move. Several seconds later, his feet had sunk into the sand and was buried up to his shin. Hyosung let go of him upon seeing that Siwan had won. Now by himself, Chanyeol was still trying to get himself out. He tried so hard and ended up falling like a twig, causing laughter among the idols. In the end, the three men had to help out and remove an embarrassed Chanyeol from the playing grounds. He was laughing so much at himself that his ears turned bright red.

PD: The second match will be: Queen Hyuna and Knight Myungsoo vs. Queen Suzy and Knight Doojoon
Suzy took her place behind Myungsoo. Hyuna stood behind Doojoon.
English-speaking Hyuna appeared and taunted Doojoon. "You Die!" And made the hand gesture like a gangster. Doojoon looked shocked. Myungsoo applauded her.

Right from the start of the race, the audience (composed of two tired girl idols and two battered and bruised boy idols) stood up and screamed out their complaints at the scene before them.
"What is this! What is this!" Chanyeol burst out with cute anger. He and Siwan got beaten up badly by the girls. But this guy was cruising by nicely.
"Ya! You two... what do you think you're doing right now?! You're strong! Pin him down!" Siwan tried to coach.
"Wow... Are those two trying to date? In the middle of a game?" Eunji said at the unbelievable scene before her.
"HAHAHAHA... DAEBAK!" Hyosung laughed so much at the two.

The cause of their complaints? Suzy and Myungsoo, who looked like they were a dating couple instead of competing.

The first thing Suzy did to stop him was cover his eyes gently. After that, she tried to use the same strategy as Hyosung... but Myungsoo stopped her halfway, grabbed her hands tight and kept them on his stomach. He easily walked on the sand with Suzy on his back and won the race.
While their opponents were a pretty picture, Hyuna had pinned Doojoon down onto the sand. He tried crawling away to save his life. But upon hearing that Myungsoo had already won, he took revenge on Hyuna and pretended to strangle her.
"How could you..?! To me...?!" He said as the three other men escorted him out of the playing grounds.

CHAMPIONSHIP GAME: QUEEN DODGEBALL
The two couples who won the Queen Piggyback will now compete in Queen Dodgeball for the "secret" prize.

PD: The goal of the game is to hit the opponent's Queen with the ball. The Knights will protect their Queen from the ball and stay in the game until the other Queen has been eliminated.

Myungsoo: So we just have to get ourselves hit by the ball, instead of the queen?
Siwan: Wow, they call us Knights but treat us like servants.
Hyuna: Kekeke you're right! Hyosung unnie and I will just call you servants instead.
Doojoon: Chanyeol-ah, we're lucky we got eliminated already. Kekeke.
Chanyeol: Yeah, their only role here is to get hit by the ball again and again. Kekeke.

QUEEN DODGEBALL:FINAL: Queen Hyuna and KnightServant Myungsoo vs. Queen Hyosung and KnightServant Siwan

The game went on for five minutes. Neither men were willing to let their Queen get hit and lose the game.

However, when a fastball thrown by Hyuna hit Siwan right on the face, the game went into chaos.

"How could you...to an idol's face..." a shocked Doojoon said.
"Our face is our treasure!" Chanyeol added.
Suzy and Eunji screamed like fangirls "Kim Hyuna! How could you do that to our Siwan oppa?!?!"

Siwan was holding onto his face, laughing. Hyuna looked sorry and concerned. Myungsoo was looking over to the noisy audience. Hyosung took advantage of the situation and hit the ball onto Hyuna's foot. With that, Queen Hyosung and KnightServant Siwan got the victory. In front of the 8 idols, the PD revealed the "secret" prize.

PD: Hyosung and Siwan, congratulations! As your prize, please get in the room over there and tell us the name of one of the idols here. The First Impression Choice of that idol will be revealed to you. Siwan, please go first.


"I don't know if I want to know this." he said, but eventually walked over to the room nervously.

"This could get awkward" Eunji said.
"It may be a prize or a punishment for them." Myungsoo worried.
"Ah, this show is too mean." Chanyeol added.

They looked on in curiosity as Siwan entered the room and closed the door behind him.
Five minutes later, Hyosung was called in to the room.

"Eh? Siwan oppa hasn't gone back yet." Hyuna said.
"He's already in the van at the parking lot." the PD informed them.

Another five minutes later, the PD told the 6 remaining idols they could leave. Siwan and Hyosung were already seated in the van when the idols got there. The two welcomed them happily and tried to make the awkward atmosphere disappear.
But somehow, it was still there.

Five minutes earlier..
Hyosung: I'd like to see Im Siwan's choice.

FROM: Siwan

I choose Hyuna. That moment when I saw her at the theater, it was special. She is special.

Ten  minutes earlier..
Siwan: I'd like to see Kim Hyuna's choice.

FROM: Hyuna

I choose Myungsoo. He's the type of person I could fall for.