Midway Selection Reveal

Romantic & Idol S3: I Love You

In the first and second seasons, the Midway Selection has always been the most awkward part of the show. This time is not any different. The idols all gathered in the garden while waiting for the event to begin. The PD told them to choose their own seats, but this time the arrangement should be boy-girl-boy-girl-boy-girl-boy-girl. Suddenly, all of them became conscious about where they wanted to sit. Hyosung quickly ran to the last seat and Doojoon ran to sit with her. Everyone else just stood in front of the chairs and stared at it. They were waiting for each other to move.
 

"No one else wants to pick a seat? Okay then, I'll go first." Eunji said.
Should I go here? She took a few steps towards the left side.
Must.sit.beside.Eunji. Chanyeol followed after her like a shadow.
Wait... should I sit here? Or over there? She stopped to think it over again.
Must.sit.beside.Eunji. He stopped, waiting for her.
"Ah, I can't decide. Chanyeol oppa, you go first." she said.
"I'm okay. You go first." Must.sit.beside.Eunji.
"No, you go first. I can't decide yet." she told him.
"Me too. I can't decide. You go first." Must.sit.beside.Eunji.
"You go..." Eunji was cut off mid-sentence when Siwan put his arm on her shoulder.
"Aigoo, I can't watch this anymore. You two just sit already." He forced Chanyeol to sit on the first chair and Eunji to sit beside Chanyeol.
Four were left standing. Siwan, Myungsoo, Hyuna and Suzy still haven't picked a chair. They looked at each other for several seconds.
"Suzy-ah, come sit here." Doojoon asked Suzy to sit beside him, which she obeyed immediately.
Siwan followed shortly after, sitting beside Eunji.
Leaving Myungsoo and Hyuna with the seats in the middle.
So with the seats arranged (Chanyeol-Eunji-Siwan-Hyuna-Myungsoo-Suzy-Doojoon-Hyosung), the PD started the Midway Selection reveal.


Without warning, the screen lit up and showed "4MINUTE HYUNA'S CHOICE" in huge, bright letters. Upon seeing this, whiny Hyuna appeared and complained to the PD.
"Ahhhh, why do I have to be first? This is unfair! PD-nim, the boys' choices should be shown first, right?! PD-nim! PD-nim! Please! Huhuhu."
But her complaints did nothing as the PD continued to show Hyuna's choice video on screen. Everyone seated in the garden, except Hyuna who was still cutely complaining, focused on the screen.


[Hyuna pre-selection interview: not shown to the idols]
Hyuna: I didn't think I'd be so confused while making my decision. At first when I found someone who made my heart flutter during our date... I thought "Okay, Myungsoo is the one.". I was sure that I would choose him. But suddenly Siwan oppa started being different towards me. We've been friends for a long time, but now I don't know what he's thinking of... what he really feels. I guess that's why I'm confused. My midway selection is...
HYUNA --> MYUNGSOO


[Eunji pre-selection interview: not shown to the idols]
Eunji: Aigoo, this show is really not for me. I should have asked Bomi to do this instead. Kekeke. So far I've made good friends here and I'm really thankful for that. But dating? I haven't really found anyone. Can I just not choose anyone? Is that allowed? Kekeke.
EUNJI --> NO ONE


[Hyosung pre-selection interview: not shown to the idols]
Hyosung: I do think, at this time, there is someone I'm interested in. And I would like to get to know him more. We think alike so it's really fun when we're together. I think it's pretty obvious who my choice is... Kekeke...
HYOSUNG ---> DOOJOON


[Suzy pre-selection interview: not shown to the idols]
Suzy: I think my cold has gotten *sniffs* worse, sorry! *sniffs* Kekeke. Ahhh!! Wait a minute... *sniffs* why am I so nervous? Kekeke... The person I choose is...
SUZY ---> MYUNGSOO

After the girls' selections had been revealed, the awkward atmosphere deepened.
Doojoon, trying to break the silence, teased Eunji for choosing no one. "Ya Eunji-ya! How could you not choose anybody? You told me about the qualities of your ideal type. And he's here! You don't see?"
"No... really. I don't think so." she replied.
"I'll tell you who it is right now." he answered back, confident that he's right.
"Aigoo! Doojoon oppa! You're so noisy!"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes you are! Don't you realize we're the only ones being noisy right now?!"
"Aish. Fine, I'll stop talking. But you should know this... he's right beside you."
"Pfft! What are you saying!" she said, not believing him.

Meanwhile, all the attention were on Hyuna-Myungsoo-Suzy. With both girls choosing Myungsoo, everyone was curious to see who he chose.

[Doojoon pre-selection interview: not shown to idols]
Doojoon: I don't think I've met someone who matches me more than she does. We have like a tele.. no, what's the word... telephone? teleport? telepathetic? tele...?
PD: Telepathic?
Doojoon: Yes, that's right! We have a telepathic connection! My choice is...

DOOJOON ---> HYOSUNG


[Chanyeol pre-selection interview: not shown to idols]
Chanyeol: Ever since I set my heart on her, I haven't looked back. Even if she shows no interest, I still try to make her notice me. I hope after this, she realizes that I like her. That I always want to make her smile. I hope she gives me a chance to do that. My choice is, obviously...
CHANYEOL ---> EUNJI


[Myungsoo pre-selection interview: not shown to idols]
Myungsoo: Oh, I have to make my choice now? But I'm still not sure... Honestly, Suzy is my ideal type. But I haven't gotten a chance to date with her yet, so I feel like I don't know her too well. Meanwhile, I've gotten two dates with Hyuna. And both of our dates went really well, I was happy. Ah... I don't know. I'm going to choose...
MYUNGSOO ---> HYUNA


[Siwan pre-selection interview: not shown to idols]
Siwan:  I've thought about choosing no one for the Midway Selection. I know I'm still not the one and I don't want her to feel sorry that she doesn't like me. But... well... I think I need to try one last time. Anyway, if there are no feelings at all, I'm going to let her go. :)
SIWAN ---> HYUNA

Everyone's attention, again, were on the Siwan-Hyuna-Myungsoo-Suzy love mess. After the PD signalled the end of the Midway Selection, Suzy immediately got up and went into the house. Myungsoo was about to go follow her when Siwan stood up and stopped him.
"She's still a kid. Maybe this feeling is a bit new to her. Stay here. I'll go see if she's okay." Siwan said as he made Myungsoo sit back down.
"Hyung..." Myungsoo said as he drew out a handkerchief from his pocket. "...if she's crying, give her this."
"Alright, I will." Siwan took the handkerchief and went after Suzy.

In the house, worried Siwan heard sounds from Suzy's room. He walked a little closer to the door and heard sniffing sounds, like how a crying person does.
Oh no! She's crying! What should I do? Siwan raised his fist to knock on her door. And put it back down.
I should just have the girls do this... He had turned back to leave when he heard coughing sounds from inside.
What the.. Suddenly he found himself knocking on her door.
"Suzy-ah. It's Siwan. I'm going in, okay?" he said before opening the door.
Her back was turned away from him so he couldn't see just how much crying was going on. He offered Myungsoo's handkerchief to her.

"Myungsoo said to give you this."
"Thank you." she accepted it.
Then, on Myungsoo's handkerchief, she blew her nose hard... like a man. Then she tried to give it back to him.
What's going on here... Siwan didn't know how to comfort her, but he tried anyway.
He awkwardly patted her back. She tried to give back the now-mucus full handkerchief to him.
"No, it's yours." He said as he carefully pushed her hand back.
"I know it might be difficult now..." he began to comfort her with words.
"Hm?" she asked, not knowing what he's saying.
"...But it will get better. You're still young. You'll find someone that.." he continued.
"Oppa, can you pass me my phone? It's on the table." She turned around to face him.
"Oh, alright. Here." As he passed her the phone, he could finally see her whole face. Her nose was red but her eyes showed no sign that she was crying.
What the... she wasn't crying...
And then Suzy took a selca with her phone and looked at the picture afterwards.
"Heol... my nose is really red! My cheeks are pale. And the dark circles under my eyes have gotten bigger! Dang this cough and cold..."
Suddenly Siwan felt embarrassed. There he was worrying about how heartbroken Suzy must have been when she was only worrying about her cough and cold.
"Wait, oppa.. you were saying something before. About I'll find someone..." she reminded him.
"Oh, that..." Siwan searched for a non-embarrassing answer "...you'll find someone who can cure you well. I know a good doctor who specializes in coughs and colds."
"Oh, that's okay. I'm fine. This happens to me often. I just need some good rest and lots of water."
"Oh..." I'm saved. She didn't notice.
"But thanks for worrying." she said while continuing to take selcas.

Back in the garden, Hyosung and Doojoon volunteered to make midnight snacks for everyone, leaving Chanyeol, Eunji, Hyuna and Myungsoo still in their seats.
While the two girls were chatting about something completely unrelated to the happenings in Jeju, the two boys just sat there staring at their chosen girls.

PD: Now that you know each others' feelings, the interviews will start. Myungsoo, please enter the interview room.

---------------

A/N: I'm really sorry this took a long time to update! I was so busy with school the past month, but school just ended now so I think I can update this more frequently! Kekeke. I hope you liked this chapter! :))

Oh, and some info I'd like to share (if you still haven't heard. Kekeke.)

*Siwan and Suzy will be the special guests on the first ep of Yoo Jaesuk's new KBS program "I'm A Man", which will be shown in Korea on April 9.

*Chanyeol will be a regular on SBS Roommate premiering on April 20. (2NE1 Bom and After School Nana are there too.)

Let's all hope for eng subs of these! Kekekeke!