The Second Jeju Date

Romantic & Idol S3: I Love You

"Siwan hyung, wake up! Siwan hyung!"
Siwan opened his eyes to find the three boys looking over him. Myungsoo had his arms folded over his chest. Doojoon was holding an empty pitcher of water. Chanyeol was staring at him, wide eyed.
"W-what's wrong?" Siwan wanted to sleep more. He felt so dizzy.
"Why are you sleeping on the floor? You even used the pitcher of water as a pillow. Kekeke." Myungsoo has seen a lot of bizaare things, and this one ranks high up that list.
Siwan looked beside him, confirming that he was indeed sleeping on the floor. "Am I drunk?" he asked.
"Hyosung and I finished the last two bottles of beer while talking last night. If you're drunk, then you're drunk on water." Doojoon said, emphasizing the empty water pitcher he was holding.
Siwan felt disoriented. He could remember Hyuna bringing out a first-aid kit for him while they were in the dining room. Was all that just a dream?
"We have to pick among the four shirts now, for the second date. Let's go Siwan hyung!" The three boys helped him stand up from the floor. Groggily, he followed them to the living room.


...


Doojoon came out first, wearing a cute character shirt.
All the girls fell over laughing, it's so rare for them to see athletic man Doojoon looking so child-like.
"What?!" he said, trying not to laugh at himself.
"Did you pick this?" Hyosung asked, still unable to control her laughter.
"Yes!" he said, confidently.
"Really?" she asked again.
"Yes!" he screamed, this time more confidently.
"Let's go, then!" Hyosung stood up and went to him.
"I can see you're really happy." he said.
"How?" she asked, wondering how he knew it.
"I can see your gums." he said, while imitating her big gummy smile.
"Ya!" she shouted. And then he took her hand and led the way out.
The three girls left in the garden were still laughing.

The next to step out was Siwan, wearing a denim shirt and holding a bow tie on one hand.
"Ooooh... so handsome!" Suzy cheered.
"Please give me your signature!" Fangirl Eunji screamed.
"Wait! Why aren't you wearing the bow tie?" Hyuna asked.
"Ah, this? I don't know how to wear it." he answered.
"Eyyy, don't lie! I've seen you wear it on award shows. You just want Hyuna unnie to put it on for you, don't you?" Eunji .
"You chose this?" Siwan said, referring to Hyuna.
"Aigoo, oppa, if you wanted me to tie it for you, you could just ask me. Why do you pretend not to know? You like me that much?" she joked.
Siwan was flustered. "I've never worn a bow tie like this! The ones I wear are like stickers, I just clip them on!"
"Kekeke, I was just joking. Why are you getting flustered? Let's go." she walked ahead of him toward the parking lot.
"Ya, let's go together!" he called after her.

Chanyeol and Myungsoo went out at the same time. Chanyeol wearing a white V-neck and Myungsoo with a hoodie. The two ladies left, Suzy and Eunji, stood.
Eunji in front of Chanyeol.
Suzy in front of Myungsoo.
And then they changed places. And again. And a few more times.
"Myungsoo hyung, aren't you getting dizzy? I'm getting dizzy." Chanyeol said, referring to the two girls in front trying to confuse them.
"Just don't look at them. You'll be fine." he recommended.
Suddenly, Suzy took a surprised Chanyeol's hand.
Chanyeol kept looking at her. "Really? Really?"
Meanwhile, Myungsoo offered to take Eunji's hand. Like a real gentleman. She took it, and they followed after Suzy-Chanyeol.

.....

 

"Hyosung-ah, do I really look that funny? Why are you still laughing?" he said while starting the car.
"No.. it's just.. you look too cute wearing that." she explained.
"Take a picture. It will last longer." he said and made a V-sign for the camera while she took out her phone.
She took a picture and laughed out loud again. She showed it to him. Even Doojoon had to laugh at himself. This wasn't his style at all.
"Ah, even I'm embarrassed for myself."
"No! You look really cute!" she assured him.
"No, I don't..."
"Do you regret picking the shirt?" she asked.
He answered right away. "No."

"This is the maknae date." Chanyeol said to the camera, referring to himself and Suzy being the youngest boy and girl here.
"Hello! How a..HACHOO! Sorry!". Suzy apologized for sneezing at the camera. Chanyeol handed her his handkerchief.
"Are you okay?" he asked.
"Yes. I feel better after Eunji unnie's soup." she answered, still grateful.
"...the soup I didn't get to drink." he pouted.
She laughed "Still trying to get a cold?"
"No. I decided I'll figure out another way. Kekeke."
"Oh! Our Chanyeol oppa has matured!" she applauded him.
"Wahhh! You really think so?" he asked, like a happy little kid.
"Oops, I take back what I said." she laughed.
His expression changed from totally happy to totally sad.
"Kekeke. Let's go." Suzy asked him to start the car. And they set off for their date.

Hyuna stopped Siwan from getting in the car. He looked at her curiously, but she didn't say a thing.
"Why can't we leave yet? Are you feeling sick?" he asked, and felt her forehead to see if she had a fever.
"Nope, no fever. Are you hurt anywhere?" he continued. But she still didn't answer.

At that moment, Myungsoo called their attention. "Siwan hyung, Hyuna-ya... you still haven't left?"
Hyuna ran toward Myungsoo-Eunji, leaving Siwan standing alone in front of their car.
"Myungsoo oppa, Eunji! Where are you guys headed?" she asked as she made her way to them.
"We're supposed to go to some lighthouse for the mission. I forgot the name of the place..." Eunji went to the PD to confirm the place, leaving the two alone.


Because she ran toward them too quickly, the wind blew her cap away. Myungsoo ran to get it.
He placed it on her head. But he didn't seem satisfied, so he positioned it another way. And again. And again.
"Ah, oppa! You're going to ruin my hair." Hyuna complained and hit him in the shoulder playfully.
He smiled and positioned her cap another way again. The two were now having fun joking around with each other.

Hyuna's date, Siwan, just watched them from afar.
Just give it one last try, Siwan-ah. One last try., he told himself.

---

"Oppa, you really don't talk much, do you?" Eunji said just before Myungsoo could start the car.
"I talk enough." he said.
"No, you don't. Out of the 8 of us, you're the most mysterious and quiet person."
"That's because you all just talk too much. Especially you." he pointed out.
"What the... is this how you repay me for making soup for your Suzy?" she said, acting like it hurt.
"My Suzy..huh...what are you saying...Anyway, I didn't ask you to make soup. You made it yourself." he accurately pointed out.
"Huh. Well, what was I supposed to do? Yesterday, you sat across from me on the table, rested your chin on your hand and started thinking out loud. You said "Ahh.. poor Suzy has a cold. It would be nice if she can drink hot soup. But I don't know how to cook soup. Ahh.. if only someone could make soup right now for Suzy."" she imitated Myungsoo exactly.
"I was just thinking out loud. I didn't even know you were there." he tried to make an excuse.
"Oh, you didn't know where I was. So that's why... before sitting across from me, you asked Chanyeol oppa where I was." Eunji smiled. She had won. There's no way Myungsoo could make an excuse out of this.
"Chanyeol even told you that?" he asked, feeling betrayed.
"Anyway, let's get going." he started the car and paid attention to the road, afraid that he'd lose another conversation battle to Eunji.

Hyuna outran Siwan, got into the driver's seat, and locked the driver's door. A surprised Siwan got onto the front passenger seat.
He tried to get the key from her, even going as far as grabbing her hand that was hiding it. But she pulled her hand from him right away. The key ended up falling to the floor.
"There's no way I'm letting you drive, oppa. You might get us lost. Kekeke." she told him as she picked it up.
"That was only twice!" he defended himself. "But, why are you talking comfortably to me now? Aren't we mad at each other?" he continued.
"Oppa, you don't remember last night?" she asked.
"I do! You fed me red pepper!" remembering it made him shiver.
"But I already said sorry last night. I even treated your forehead, and your stomachache." she informed him.
He grew quiet. So that wasn't a dream....


"Oppa, take this. It's stomach medicine." Hyuna held out a bottle of medicine containing 50 pieces of the tablet.
He swallowed about 3 of them in one go.
Hyuna panicked. "Ya! Oppa! You're supposed to take only one!"
"But my stomach hurts so much." he explained while returning the bottle to her.
"Aigoo, what's going to happen to you if you took that many?" she worried.


Siwan could only remember until that. He had no idea what happened after.
"So you remember. And?" She asked, wondering if he remembered everything.
"And... we're okay." he nodded his head.
"And? You don't have anything to say to me?" she asked further.
Siwan looked clueless. Why was she asking anyway? "I didn't do or say anything embarrassing, did I?"
Hyuna didn't answer and just started driving. So he doesn't remember...