Moonlight, Choices and a BBQ Party

Romantic & Idol S3: I Love You

Once the three successful couples have gone for their moonlight date, the two people left in the "no date" zone were instructed by the PD to go back and rest in their own rooms. Eunji was fine with it. Chanyeol was not. 

"PD-nim, I'm not tired yet. Can I just stay here with Eunji-ssi, please? Right, Eunji-ssi?" He put on his most innocent of smiles to convince both.

"Anything's fine with me, I guess." Eunji replied.

But the PD didn't give in to Chanyeol's charm and stuck with the rules. Once again, he told them to go back to their rooms as they wait for the couples to come back. Chanyeol looked as sad as a little kid whose candy got stolen from him. Eunji, on the other hand, just said "Oh well." and went to her room without a fuss.

...

Doojoon and Hyosung, who were the first to leave for their date, chose to sit near the beach.

"Look at those waves. I suddenly want to take a swim!" he said.

"You're crazy! It's so dark out here. If not for these flashlights, we won't even be able to see our own hands. Kekeke."

"That's what makes it more fun! Come on, we're idols, how often do we get a chance to just swim like this?" he tried to convince her.

"You go ahead. I'll just sit right here and watch you."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Take care!"

"Okay! I'll be back in a few minutes. Let's walk back to the house together. :)" and then Doojoon went off to swim in the darkness.

...

Meanwhile, Siwan and Suzy were just walking around talking about all the random things that they can think of. She was in the middle of telling him a funny story when her right heel suddenly broke.

"Omo!" she said in shock as her body went off-balance. He held her steady and asked what was wrong. When she showed him the broken heel, he just smiled and said he was sorry.

"It's not your fault. My heel broke by itself. Oppa, why are  you sorry?"

"Somehow, I feel like it's partly my fault. You're much taller than me when you're wearing that 3-inch heel. It makes me feel a bit awkward.  I didn't wish for your heel to break though, I just wished you didn't wear heels. I'm sorry!" he smiled.

"Now we're just the same height." she said, agreeing with him.

"Yup. And to compensate for your broken heels, I shall allow you to walk with this instead." he took off his slippers and offerred them to her.

"But...you're going to walk bare-footed?" she asked, torn on whether to keep walking with her uncomfortable broken heel or take Siwan's slippers.

"Yes. Just accept it. It will make both of us feel better." With that, she wore his slippers and continued telling him the funny story.

...

Myungsoo and Hyuna's date started off awkwardly. Myungsoo is the mysterious type, who doesn't talk much. And the usually bubbly Hyuna, feels shy being with Myungsoo. Suddenly, a dog's loud bark came out of nowhere. Shocked Hyuna grabbed on to Myungsoo's shirt, accidentally tearing off the sleeve. She apologized immediately.

"Are you scared of dogs?" he asked, curious.

"I like the little, cute ones. But I'm scared of the huge ones that bark really loud." she replied.

"You don't have to worry..." he reassured her.

Hyuna, thinking it was one of the lines boys say when they try to sound cool, just blurted out "Why? Because you're here?" she laughed at the cheesiness.

"No. Because the dog's locked up in a cage. See." he pointed out to her.

Hyuna felt so embarrassed she couldn't face him or say anything else.

"You thought I was going to try and sound cool, didn't you?" he smiled and told her not to be embarrassed.

...

Myungsoo and Hyuna got back to the house first. Chanyeol, who was alone and bored out of his mind ran to the garden to greet them.

"Hyung! Hyuna! I'm so glad you're back! What happened to your shirt, hyung?" he said. Eunji also went to the garden to welcome them. A few minutes later, Siwan and Suzy arrived.

"Oh, oppa, why are you walking with bare feet?" Hyuna asked. Before he could explain, Doojoon and Hyosung finally arrived.

"Dae~bak! Doojoon oppa, did you fall into the water or something?" Eunji asked a drenched Doojoon, who was swimming at the beach just a few minutes ago.

"WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED AT YOUR DATES THAT YOU'RE ALL COMING BACK LIKE THIS?!" a puzzled Chanyeol, who didn't get to go on a date, voiced out his disbelief at the situation.

...

PD: After the shuffle dates, you have to make your first impression choice. Please start sending us your choice now.

[via text message]

MYUNGSOO: Suzy. She's my ideal type, and when I found out she was here, I felt happy.

CHANYEOL: Hyosung. I've been a big fan of Hyosung sunbaenim since she debuted! :))

SIWAN: Hyuna. That moment when I saw her at the theater, it was special. She is special.

DOOJOON: Eunji. Out of everyone here, I know her the most. So for now, I'll choose her.

SUZY: Siwan. He's a real gentleman. I felt moved when he gave me his slippers and walked barefoot so that I could walk comfortably.

HYOSUNG: Siwan. He seems like a really good guy. He's someone I'd like to get to know. ^.^

HYUNA: Myungsoo. He's the type of person I could fall for.

EUNJI: Chanyeol. He's just so cheerful and positive. I think it'll be nice to get to know him.

...THE BARBECUE PARTY

Suzy and Myungsoo were given the task of grilling the meat. Myungsoo was doing the grilling, and Suzy was watching him do it. Doojoon was walking around the garden and occassionally checks on the two, asking if the meat is cooked already. Whenever he comes by, he talks to Suzy. Myungsoo would just glance at the two and take out his jealousy on the meat, pointlessly flipping it over and over again.

Eunji, Chanyeol and Hyuna were preparing the table while talking about the moonlight dates.

"It was interesting." Hyuna said.

Chanyeol teased Eunji, who also wasn't able to go on the moonlight date, and asked her how her night was.

"Oh, there's nothing better than spending the night alone in my room while my friends are out there dating. It's really fun." she replied.

He couldn't help but smile at her reply. She was clearly joking, but said it in such a serious face and manner.

This is your charm, he thought as he looked at her.

Eunji: I'm hungry.

Chanyeol: Myungsoo hyung just keeps flipping the meat over and over. Of course, it won't cook. Kekeke. I'll go help them out.

Hyuna: The drinks aren't here yet.

Eunji: That's right! Siwan oppa and Hyosung unnie went out to buy it.

Hyuna: I'll call Siwan oppa and ask.

[ON THE PHONE]

Hyosung: Hello?

Hyuna: Oh? Hyosung unnie?

Hyosung: Hi, Hyuna. Siwan's driving right now so he asked me to answer his phone. Did you want to tell him something?

Hyuna: No... just...

Eunji: Ask them about the drinks!

Hyuna: Right! Hyosung unnie, the drinks...

Hyosung: We've bought them. We're on our way back to the house now.

Hyuna: Okay... thank you unnie.

[END PHONE]

"I'll go wait for them at the gate." Eunji said, preparing to go out. Hyuna followed after her.

"Where are you girls going?" Doojoon blocked their path.

"Outside. To wait for the drinks to arrive." Eunji answered.

"These two, really. It's dark outside! I'll go with you. I know taekwondo." he bragged.

"I don't think you'll need it here, oppa. This is Jeju." Hyuna said, finding his "overprotectiveness" funny.

"Still, you girls have to be careful. Let's go."

Chanyeol, Suzy and Myungsoo were left at the grill. Chanyeol was grilling the meat, while Suzy and Myungsoo watched him from the side.

"Wow, Chanyeol oppa, you're good at this!" Suzy praised him.

"It's a talent of mine. Kekeke. Oh? Where are they going?" Chanyeol went to follow the three and gave the grilling job back to Myungsoo.

For the first time in 30 minutes, Myungsoo finally spoke "The weather is good today, isn't it?"

"I guess it is." Suzy replied.

Meanwhile, the four kids waiting outside rejoiced upon seeing Siwan and Hyosung arrive.

Doojoon: Kids! Siwan dad and Hyosung mom bought us drinks!

Chanyeol: Look! He's even opening the door for her. It looks like a date! Kekekeke.

Eunji: And he's carrying everything for her. As expected, our Siwan oppa is a gentleman!

Doojoon and Chanyeol: Hey! We are gentlemen too!

Hyuna: Anyway, they're here. So let's all go inside.

While the boys were busy admiring the almost-cooked meat in the grill, the girls were waiting at the table.

Eunji: But, Hyosung unnie, what took you and Siwan oppa so long? The store is just five minutes away.

Suzy: No way... did you two have your own moonlight date?

Hyosung: No! It's not that. But Siwan told me not to tell, because he's embarrassed.

At that moment, Chanyeol and Siwan came to join them at the table.

Chanyeol: What are you girls talking about so seriously?

Eunji: Siwan oppa! Why did you take so long buying the drinks?

Siwan: The store is far from here.

Eunji: Don't lie! Hyosung Unnie already told us everything.

Siwan: Fine! I got lost. It's not a big deal.

Hyuna: You got lost? But the store's just five minutes away. How is that possible...

Hyosung: I didn't tell them.

Eunji: But Siwan oppa already said it! Kekeke, Siwan oppa pabo! pabo! Kekeke.

Siwan: You're really...! Ya, come here!

Eunji ran away and Siwan chased after her.

Chanyeol: What's wrong with those two?

Hyuna: They're really close, aren't they?

....

A/N: Another long update. I hope you like it! Next chapter, the first shuffle date! ^.^

Please comment your thoughts. :))