Mission: Forehead Kiss

Romantic & Idol S3: I Love You

PD: Your mission is The Forehead Kiss.


As usual, Chanyeol couldn't stay still. He jumped around a lot. His whole face had become red. He excused himself from Suzy and went over to the staff.
"Excuse me, can I have some water, please?" he asked the staff.
"Suzy, would you like some water?" he shouted over to her.
"Yes, thank you." she answered.
Chanyeol chatted to the camera for a while.
"Wow. Who would have thought I'd get to film a forehead kiss with Suzy?" he said, totally amazed at the situation.
Even though no one was responding to him (staffs are encouraged not to talk when filming), he continued to talk "I've been a big fan of Suzy since she debuted. And on Dream High, she was just... WAHHHH... daebak."
Still talking to himself, "I get to film a forehead kiss with one of the best acting-dols right now. Daebak." He said daebak a few more times before ending his monologue. He stayed there for a while, just nodding and staring into space.

Meanwhile, Myungsoo and Eunji had arrived at the same location and were now talking with Suzy.
"What's up with him?" Eunji pointed at Chanyeol, who looked like he was going crazy by himself.
"Obviously, it's because of the forehead kiss." Myungsoo answered. "He's going crazy because he gets to film a forehead kiss with you, Suzy-ah."
"Imagine if his partner for this was Eunji unnie." Suzy started to tease.
"Then we'll probably have to send him to the mental hospital. That's how crazy he will be." Myungsoo chuckled.
"No, why is everyone always teasing me and Chanyeol oppa? We just treat each other as friends." Eunji said.
"Friends? Are you sure about that, unnie?" Suzy again.
"Yes, I'm sure. Now go and film your Forehead Kiss." she confidently answered.
"Chanyeol!" Myungsoo called him over to them. "You have to film the mission now."
Chanyeol was surprised to see Myungsoo and Eunji there.

Chanyeol and Suzy walked slowly toward each other. But Chanyeol, who felt so shy he wanted to crawl under a rock and stay there, kept committing mistakes. Suzy was understanding enough. But Eunji, who had to shoot at the same place with Myungsoo told him to get a hold of himself and just finish the mission.
"Hurry up! Just kiss her so Myungsoo oppa can kiss me already!" she shouted to him.
Myungsoo looked at her.
Suzy looked at her.
Chanyeol looked at her.
They didn't speak, but all their eyes were asking What did you just say?
"Okay. I did not mean it THAT way." she was waving her hands frantically to tell them that it's a misunderstanding.
But their eyes were still on her.
"Let me rephrase it. Chanyeol oppa, please hurry so that Myungsoo oppa and I can do the mission already." she said, a lot more clearly this time.
"Arasseo, I'll do well this time!" he assured Myungsoo-Eunji.

Chanyeol and Suzy, again, slowly walked toward each other. Chanyeol had gathered up all his courage for this mission. Now his legs weren't shaking anymore. Now he could look at his patner confidently.
Suzy noticed the change in Chanyeol. You're doing well, Chanyeol oppa. She cheered him on.
He took a deep breath before saying the lines he had thought to say.
"I'm a big fan of you." he smiled at her. "This is an honor."
And that's how Park Chanyeol got to kiss Bae Suzy's forehead.

Myungsoo and Eunji automatically clapped at the two's success.

...

Meanwhile, at another place, Doojoon-Hyosung were rehearsing for their mission. Siwan-Hyuna had to wait for their turn to film.
"Okay, so..." Doojoon clapped his hands together "how do we do this?"
Hyosung had to think for a moment. "Cutely!"
"No. We should be serious. This is a romantic moment." he suggested.
"But I can't be serious.. look at you." she said, trying to suppress a laugh.
He looked down at his shirt and saw that cute cartoon character staring up at him. "Kekeke, you're right. Let's go with a cute one, then."

At the side, Siwan is still bothered because he doesn't remember what happened last night.
"You're still not going to tell me?" he asked Hyuna again.
She answered him by singing and dancing to APink's No No No. But only sang the "No No No" part and hummed the rest of the song.
Since this is the 16th time he asked her and she still hadn't answered, he was beginning to get annoyed.
He got back to her with EXO's Growl, only singing the chorus part. It suddenly became a showdown between the best dancer Hyuna and dance breaker (literally) Siwan.
"Hey, you two doing a musical over there, please be quiet. We're trying to film here!" They heard Doojoon shout.
Siwan stopped upon Doojoon's request, but Hyuna kept dancing.
"Ya, stop dancing." he held her wrist, like he always does when she's being stubborn. And she'd let him hold on to her for a while, because they were friends.
But this time, she immediately pulled her hand away.
Siwan was surprised by this, but he didn't say a word. Maybe she's not in a good mood, I better not disturb her, he thought.
After that, the two grew quiet and Siwan slowly walked to the staff area, away from Hyuna.

A few minutes later, he heard Doojoon-Hyosung's cheers.
"Wow! No mistakes! We're really good at this! We should have been paired right from the start!" The two high-fived.
"I know, right? Keke, these two must be feeling pressured now!" She pointed to the spot where Siwan and Hyuna used to be. But now only Hyuna was there.
"Where's Siwan oppa?" Hyosung asked.
Siwan raised his hand. He had perfectly blended in with the staff, holding one of the cameras. "I'm here!" he shouted.
Doojoon called him over to them "Hyung, hurry and do the mission with Hyuna! Hyosung and I will compare your performance with ours! Kekeke"

Siwan and Hyuna slowly walked and met at the middle. But before he could kiss her, Hyosung shouted. "Cut! NG (No Good)!"
"Do it again!" Doojoon added.
"Hyuna, look at Siwan's eyes when you meet." Hyosung tried to coach her.
"Yeah! Stop looking at the floor! Do you want to date the floor?" Doojoon and Hyosung were now acting like directors, even though no one really asked them to.
15 NG's later, mainly caused by Hyuna not looking at Siwan and unsatisfied directors Doo-sung, Siwan had had enough.
At the next take, Hyosung was about to shout "NG!" again when Doojoon stopped her. They watched as Siwan lifted Hyuna's head and held her with both hands.
"Look at me." he said. And when she finally looked, he added "I've always been here."
And then he kissed her forehead. Images of Siwan's confession last night came rushing back to her head.

[HYUNA POV]

"Aigoo, what's going to happen to you if you took that many?" I worried.
I continued putting ointment to his bruise. A few minutes later, he kept on smiling and laughing for no reason. He leaned in to where I was, closer and closer until our faces were just a few inches apart. My breathing had stopped. My mind went blank.

I'm not sure, but I think my heart fluttered for a moment.


"Hyuna-ya." he whispered. "I love you."


Now I can't remember what I was thinking right after his confession. My mind must have been a blur, thinking all kinds of things, asking all kinds of questions. I just don't know.
We stared at each other for what seemed like forever, but in reality it was just 3 seconds. And then he smiled that stupid smile again. He stood up straight and made lively gestures with his arms. From then on, he spouted nonsense.
"I love this place! This table! Those plants! That window! These band-aids..." Basically, he named anything and everything he saw at that moment and said he loved them. After saying he loves the refrigerator and water, he disappeared into his room, bringing the pitcher of water with him.
And I just sat there, wondering if the 'I love you' was true or if it was just a side effect of taking too much medicine.

 

The forehead kiss went on for 10 seconds, too long compared to the other idol couples' 3 seconds.
"Goodbye, Hyuna-ya." It was Siwan who pulled away first, leaving a speechless Hyuna standing alone infront of the lighthouse.


Doojoon and Hyosung watched with their mouths wide open, totally absorbed by the scene before them.
"Wow, they did it better than us..." Hyosung said, still in awe.
"Should we do it again?" Doojoon gave her a big grin.
"No. You've had too much fun already, kid Doojoon." he pouted upon hearing her rejection.

...

Meanwhile, back at the Myungsoo-Eunji, Chanyeol-Suzy side of the beach, Myungsoo was being unnaturally talkative. Everytime he and Eunji would fail at their try for the Forehead Kiss Mission, she would give out every excuse she had in her vocabulary. And he, too, would give his own excuses. At the 12th take, she had ran out of excuses and just said "It's because of Myungsoo oppa!" without really thinking.
"Ya, why because of me? I didn't do anything!" he defended himself.
"Just...!" she couldn't think of anything else to say.
"See! You can't answer my question. So, this fail is because of you... not me."
Annoyed that he was right, Eunji sighed. "Aigoo! You've talked too much already! You've reached your daily word limit!"
"Daily word limit?" he asked.
Suzy answered. "It's the most number of words you say in a day. Because you don't talk much, all the idols guessed your daily word limit. We've all agreed that your limit is 758. Mine is 5,081. Chanyeol oppa's is 8,288. And Eunji unnie's is... 15,956."
Eunji looked proud.
"Wow, she talks a lot more than the three of us combined!" Chanyeol, again, found something to love about Eunji.


PD: From now on, each of you will be given a video camera. You can film whoever you want. But please send us the video of the person you like for your Midway Selection.