The First Jeju Date (Part 1)

Romantic & Idol S3: I Love You

The sun hasn't even risen yet when Hyosung, Hyuna and Eunji woke up and gathered in the garden to get some fresh air. It was cold outside, but it wasn't the "I'm gonna freeze to death if I stay out here" type of cold. It actually feels refreshing for these three people. The topic of their conversation started from random stories about themselves, and eventually, they found themselves talking about the four boys who will be spending the whole time in Jeju with them.

"I think the boys we have here are a good bunch. I think I could actually end up liking any one of them." Hyosung said.

Hyuna enthusiastically agreed and added "They do have very different charms. Unnie, you like one of them, don't you? Who is it?"

"Ya, why ask me that? You like someone too. Tell me yours and I'll tell you mine. Kekeke!"

Eunji sighed, "Am I the only one here who hasn't found someone yet? Suzy seems to have someone in mind too."

"Aigoo, I'm sure there's someone for you Eunji-ya. For Suzy, I think it's either Siwan or Myungsoo. Her eyes are, like, sparkling when she's with either of them." Hyosung guessed.

"You're kidding me about Siwan and Myungsoo, right? Suzy's eyes are naturally sparkling! That's why she's so popular as an actress, she's sooo pretty." Hyuna said.

"If it continues like this for me, I should just go back to Seoul! Kekeke." Eunji joked.

At that moment, a just-woke-up Doojoon and Chanyeol joined them.

"Who's going back to Seoul? Eunji? Aww, I was hoping you and Hyuna would stay here forever so I won't see your faces so often anymore." Doojoon teased the two and threw a blanket over to the girls. "Use that," he said "It's cold out here."

Hyosung looked puzzled at Doojoon's actions. "That's how Doojoon oppa is. One minute he's making fun of you, and the next he's taking care of you." Hyuna told her.

Meanwhile, Chanyeol sat beside Eunji and offered her the cup of coffee he was holding. "No thanks, I'm fine." she answered. Chanyeol took a sip of the coffee, which made a loud "slurp" sound that turned everyone's attention to him. He looked at them innocently and smiled.

"Hahaha, so cuuute!" the three girls exclaimed.

Myungsoo woke up next and joined them in the garden. His eyes were still adorably half-closed.

PD: The dates will start in 30 minutes. Girls, please choose a necklace among those four in the box. Everyone, please get ready.

"30 minutes? But we haven't even eaten breakfast yet." Eunji looked sad.

PD: You'll have your breakfast during the date.

"Oh, okay then." And then Eunji's mood went back to normal. Doojoon, who witnessed the scene, again. "Eunji, you think about food more than you think about boys! Kekeke."

"Siwan oppa and Suzy are still sleeping!" Hyuna said to Doojoon and Hyosung, a little too loudly.

"Ah, stress! What are you whining about so early in the morning? We'll wake them up, of course!" he said while going back inside the house with Myungsoo and Chanyeol.

"Unnie, did it sound like whining? I was just saying it normally..." she asked Hyosung. To which she replied, "A little bit. Kekeke, let's go in, wake Suzy up and pick our necklaces."

.....

Eunji stepped out first, holding a circle-designed necklace in one hand. The boys looked at each other. For several seconds, no one stepped up.

"What the? Did this necklace just pop out of nowhere?" she joked.

Siwan and Doojoon had to push Chanyeol out, who shyly admitted it was his necklace.

[INTERVIEW] Eunji: Honestly, I felt bad. It took him several seconds to admit that he chose it. I thought, Ah... he must have been disappointed that it was me.

Chanyeol: I was so happy! When I saw her with the necklace, I tried so hard not to raise my arms and yell "YAHOOOO!". Did she notice? Ah, so embarrassing. Kekeke. After last night's barbecue party, I wanted to get to know more about Eunji-ssi. She has a lot of charms.

Next to step out was Suzy, holding a star-designed necklace. Myungsoo looked at Doojoon, who was beaming brightly. Doojoon stepped over, carefully put the necklace on her and remarked how it looks so good on her. She answered with a smile and followed him out to the parking lot.

The last to reveal their choices were Hyuna and Hyosung. After seeing the necklaces, Siwan and Myungsoo moved toward the girls.

Siwan ended up in front of Hyosung. And Myungsoo in front of Hyuna.

After putting the necklace on Hyosung, Siwan gave her a bright smile.

"Shall we go?" she asked. Meanwhile, Myungsoo was still trying to put the necklace on Hyuna.

"We'll leave first, Myungsoo, Hyuna-ya." he said, before following her out to the parking lot.

Hyuna and Myungsoo finished soon after. When they got in the car, Hyuna struggled to put on the seatbelt. Myungsoo helped her, slowly and smoothly pulling the seatbelt in front of her and carefully locking it in. Hyuna found herself holding her breath. Being so close to Myungsoo made her heart flutter.

BEEEEEEEEP!, a loud car horn shocked her back into her senses.

The sound came from Siwan and Hyosung's car. She guessed the horn was to inform them about leaving, so she waved happily at them.

The pairs are now headed to different restaurants across Jeju for their date.

...

Doojoon and Suzy were looking up the menu on the counter.

"Suzy-ah, what do you want to eat?" he said, breaking the silence between them.

"I don't know. Everything looks so good." she looked longingly at the pictures of the food.

"Then let's get everything. I'll buy you everything." he said and raised his arms, very proud to reveal a credit card in his hands.

"That's the director's credit card, isn't it?" she caught his pretense right away.

"I was trying to look cool. Hehe, you caught me! I didn't bring any money or credit card with me to Jeju."

"It's okay. Me neither!"

The two finally placed an order and found an empty table near the window.

...

In another restaurant, Chanyeol and Eunji were sitting at their table, waiting for their order to arrive. Eunji took a sip of water and saw Chanyeol sitting across, staring at her with a huge grin on his face.

"Why?" she asked.

"Nothing. I'm just happy." he kept smiling.

"Oh, I see..." Eunji felt awkward having Chanyeol stare at her from so close.

"Eunji-ssi..."

"Yes?" she replied, looking at her empty glass of water instead of him.

"Here. Have mine. I'm not that thirsty." he placed another full glass in front of her and kept staring. She felt even ore awkward.

"I'll just go to the restroom." she excused herself.

Ya Park Chanyeol, stop smiling so much. You'll look like an idiot, he told himself.

Get a hold of yourself, he took a deep breath and got his serious face back on.

When Eunji returned to her seat, Chanyeol's huge smile came back on.

Stop smiling so much like an idiot! Serious face, Chanyeol, serious face... he scolded himself.

What's wrong with this person? Eunji thought to herself while looking at Chanyeol. His mouth was smiling on one side, and completely serious on the other.

...

"Oh?! We've passed this place three times already." Hyosung innocently said while looking out the car window.

"Really?!" a shocked Siwan parked the car to the side, grabbed the map and looked at it closely again. Hyosung looked at him.

"No way..." she said.

"But...why..." a flustered Siwan stared at the map.

"We're lost again, aren't we?" she was about to laugh out loud, but he was so serious.

"But I followed the instructions! It says form the house, turn left and then turn right at the second corner... Wait, it's not the third corner? I think I turned right at the third corner..." he examined the map, not knowing what else to do.

[INTERVIEW] Hyosung: Siwan oppa is really smart. He's good at math, English and a lot of things. But for some reason... he's not good at road directions. He always gets lost. *Hyosung laughing like a crazy woman* I'm sorry, I just didn't expect Siwan oppa to be like that. *keeps laughing*

Instead of in a restaurant, the two ended up eating breakfast at a small store.

"I'm sorry. Because of me, you ended up only eating ramyun for breakfast. If we see a restaurant later, I'll buy you pasta or anything..." he promised.

...

Hyuna and Myungsoo were sitting across from each other, not saying anything.

What should I say? What should I say?!, Hyuna was at a loss for words.

At that moment, the food arrived.

I should eat first. Maybe an idea will come to mind when my stomach is filled with food, she thought.

Hyuna began eating quickly. Myungsoo looked at her, smiled and calmly started eating his food. A few minutes later, Hyuna had finished eating and looked up at him. He was staring at her.

Why is he staring at me?

He stood up, and slowly leaned in across the table.

He's coming closer. He's coming closer. Hyuna closed her eyes, not knowing what was to come.

Myungsoo held her chin. His face was just a few inches away from hers. She shut her eyes even tighter.

He wiped the sauce stain on her chin then sat back into his seat.

Hyuna slowly opened her eyes, feeling as embarrassed as ever. She thought he was going to...

"Siwan oppa? Is that you?" she called out at the person who was doing a "duck walk" towards the door... surprised to see him here.

Siwan stood straight, turned to look at them and smiled. "Y- yes. I just bought food." He showed them the paper bag he was carrying. "I should go. You two have a good time." he awkwardly said goodbye and walked toward the hut near the beach, where Hyosung was waiting.

While walking, the scene he just saw at the restaurant played in his head over and over.

What the... did those two just kiss?

------

A/N: I hope you liked this update! Next chapter, they will do the "backhug" missions. <3

Honestly, I have a lot of ships I want within these 8 people, but now I'm slowly choosing which would be the "ending" couples. :)

Which couples are you rooting for? ^.^