A shoulder to cry on

Love is a sweet melody sung by two ♡
XSYKOTICA








 

6 months later 

Nichkhun stepped out of the airport, and took a moment to breathe in the fresh Korea air before he went into the van. "Hyung!! How was China?" He was bombarded with questions as soon as he entered and was greeted with a tight hug. "Glad you're back, hyung." Wooyoung reached for his luggage and scooted over in the seat, making space for Khun. Junho continued spamming the questions until Nichkhun finally held up a hand in surrender. "I'll answer all your questions later, for now , Minjae hyung, can you drive me to the hospital?" The others in the van nodded knowingly and winked at Khun. 

When they arrived a few minutes later, Khun bade them goodbye before he headed in. He headed straight for the physiotherapist's clinic, his smile widening when he saw a woman seated on the bench outside, slowly falling asleep. Her head nodding, Victoria looked anglelic as she slept, all the worries of the day forgotten for those few precious moments. Khun didn't want to wake her, and was deliberating how to do it when she jerked awake. "Omo, Nichkhun! How long have you been standing there?" She blushed, afraid that she had been drooling or doing something embarassing. He shook his head as he laughed and patted her head. "I just arrived. Where's Shihan?"  She gestured inside the clinic. "He's having his session now, his legs are getting stronger, he's recovering well. It's a relief, I thought that I would never again be able to make it up to him if he was paralysed for life, but if he gets better..." Khun hugged Victoria and her hair as he recalled that first month, when she was so ridden with guilt she wouldn't even eat. Those times were over now, he mentally told her, and she looked up into his eyes as if she understood his thoughts. They smiled contendly. 

Wooyoung was the next to be dropped off by his manager, to the WGM village. On the way in, he met his WGM sunbaes, Jung Yoo MI and Jung Joon Young. They were heading into their house to start filming as well. He greeted them politely, and smiled a little enviously when he saw their cheerful banter, even off screen. He took a deep breath and headed into the house. The plan for today's filming was to host a house-warming party. He had no idea who their guests would be but he was looking forward to it. The initial worries he had with WGM filming had vanished, his confused feelings were slowly fading away and he just had a clear mentality that he was filming, that the marriage was virtual, that their romantic interactions were all for show. On the other hand, his friendship with Seyoung had blossomed rapidly, which, as another one of his WGM sunbaes, Nichkhun, had told him, was a good sign. They had started to chat a lot when the cameras were off and this had improved their chemistry on screen. He walked into the self decorated living room and started to chuckle at the chalk drawings on the wall. Suddenly, he realised that he was not alone. Seyoung was huddled in a corner, with the lights off, it was easy to not notice her. "Seyoungie! Are you alright? Why are you huddled there like that?" She looked up, startled, and that's when Wooyoung realised that she was listening to music using earpieces. "Omo, Wooyoung! Yeah...yeah I'm fine." Wooyoung shook his head and sat down next to her. "You're not alright, I can see that. Can you tell me what's making you sad?" She looked up at him, genuinely touched by the fact that he had noticed that she was sad. "It's nothing that you'll understand," she dismissed with a sigh. "I just got rejected for a lead role in a drama that I really wanted to do. It's just making me feel now that even though I've been in this industry for a while, I haven't become really famous or anything, I'm always stuck being the supporting character, and people who are the same age as me or graduated with me are all doing so much better. I just...maybe I'm just not cut out for this industry and I'm forcing it." She looked at the ground in despair. Wooyoung gently lifted her chin. "Look at me, Seyoung ah, I may not be an actor and I may not fully understand what this role meant to you, however I definitely understand how you feel right now. In my trainee days, and even after debut, I worked very very hard, but it was never enough. I was constantly scolded for not working hard enough when I had already given it my all. There were many days that I wondered why I was wasting my youth for this career. However, there was one thing that kept me from quitting. That was Nichkhun, who bought ice cream for me whenever I was scolded, to cheer me up! It was this encouragement, and the feeling that 'Oh, someone understands me' that kept me going. Look at me, I'm doing well now aren't I?" Seyoung couldn't help but laugh at this egoistical comment. "My point is, everyone goes through this kind of challenges, the difference between losing and winning is what we get from these experiences. Do we give up, or do we improve from this? Also, no man is an island, if you ever need a listening ear, or a shoulder to cry on, or someone to give you encouragement, you know who to call!" Wooyoung ended his long stream of words with a tissue pack, which he handed to Seyoung. Unknowingly, while listening, Seyoung had shed tears. She was so touched by Wooyoung that she could barely speak, she just smiled gratefully and took the tissues. Wooyoung gestured to the film crew who had just walked in. "Time to get to work!"