Broken hearts

Love is a sweet melody sung by two ♡
XSYKOTICA








 Haha now back to Khuntoria (sorry for the time lapse) 

They stayed in that hug for quite a while, both basking in the warmth of each other's presence and love. Finally, they remembered where they were and under what circumstances. Both of them were soaked to the bone, Khun having dropped his umbrella while hugging Victoria. A gentleman as usual, Khun offered his jacket to Victoria but it didn't help much because it was wet too. The best thing he could do was to drive her home ASAP, something that Victoria was dreading. 

"I feel so horrible now, Shihan sshi must have felt so hurt. And the guests! And my mother, and all my sisters...argh I don't know how to face them." Khun glanced at her sympathically before suggesting. "Well, maybe an apology would help. Just say that you weren't ready and when they see your miserable state now, they'll be more likely to forgive you." Observing her discontened frown, he clasped her hand and promised. "I'm sorry, Victoria, for not being able to protect you, but for now, I think the best thing I can do is to give you advice and cheer you on! Just call me if you need me, I'll go there immediately." Victoria felt her heart ease up a little, and she grinned at Khun. She noticed the bracelet on his hand and chuckled at the thought that she had guessed right. 

When she reached her house, she walked in a little hesitantly, only to find the living room empty. She heaved a sigh of relief, she had imagined that she would be in for a major confrontation once she reached home. Her relief was short-lived however, because she discovered Shihan sitting in a corner of the room. "Toria...where have you been?" He wasn't angry! was her first thought, but when she saw the deep hurt in his eyes the guilt came back to her again. "I'm so sorry, Shihan, I...I guess I wasn't ready." He folded his arms, he didn't look surprised at all. "I know, that's why I asked all the bridesmaids and your family members to go home first and not to look for you, I knew you would come back eventually. Based on how you've been acting the past few days, I guess I should have prepared for this to happen. You were always so indecisive about everything in our relationship, I wasn't even sure if you would accept my proposal. But you did, and I thought that was the end of this indecisiveness, that you were ready for a life with me. But I guess that's not the case. What, or rather who is in your mind, Victoria? Don't try to lie to me, I can tell when I have a rival in love." 

Victoria looked down at the floor, her mind working overtime to find an answer. She finally decided to tell the cold, hard truth. "I'm sorry, Shihan." She repeated, before mustering her courage and looking straight at his eyes. "I haven't been able to get over my previous boyfriend, and believe me I've tried my best. But at the wedding, I saw him again, and I just cracked. I just knew that the both of us would never be happy if I married you while harbouring him in my heart. But rest assured, I never two-timed you!" He looked away, his words came out in gasps, which made him sound like he was crying. "Thank you...than...k you for the truth, Victoria, I think I have to go now. I'll...I'll see you soon." He stormed out in a flash, leaving Victoria helpless and alone in the living room. Tears streamed down her face, but she knew that no matter what she said or did, it would not change anything. It was all her fault. 

Her mother wandered into the living room soon enough and though shocked to find her daughter soaked and crumpled in a heap on the ground, didn't make any comment and instead rushed Victoria off to bathe and then to bed. Victoria was grateful that her mother didn't press about the issue, instead, she gave her time to think through her actions and what had happened that day. Once Victoria was warm and clean, she curled up in her bed and cried herself to sleep, oblivious of the many phone calls Khun made to her. 

Shihan, on the other hand, had found his way to a bar. The bartender there knew him, Shihan had been to the bar a few times in his college days, but it was his first time seeing Shihan so down. Without even making communication, Shihan just downed shot after shot, so much so that the bartender got worried about him and tried to stop him from ordering. Shihan just stared at him painfully, and tears swimmed in his eyes as he held up his shot glass. "This...this is the only thing that will help me to forget, to get through this night without wanting to kill myself. I loved her so much, and even though I knew that there was something wrong I refused to admit it to myself, I just wanted to believe that if I didn't say or think anything, everything would be fine. But I was wrong, I was so wrong, and I lost my woman forever." He lay his head down on the bar table and closed his eyes, hoping that when he opened his eyes again, he would discover that all this was a nightmare and that the world would be back to normal. A solitary tear escaped his eye.