Love amidst conflict

Love is a sweet melody sung by two ♡
XSYKOTICA








 

Wooyoung hurried out of his van and ran to where Seyoung was sprawled on the ground. It had been hardly 5 minutes since her fall but already her ankle was swollen. It looked very painful, and Wooyoung winced at the sight, but when he looked at Seyoung's face, he saw sadness deeper and greater than any physical pain could ever cause. Without a word, he took off his coat and wrapped it around her, and in a motion that seemed so familiar and natural, sweeped her up and carried her to his van. She was still cold, and her expression seemed to be frozen. She lifelessly leaned against him, and wrapped her arms around his neck. He shivered at her touch, his heart breaking slowly as he took in her extreme grief. He had never seen her so sad before. When they were safely inside the van and on the way to the hospital, Wooyoung carefully poured out a cup of coffee from a tumbler that he had brought with him that day. Thankfully, it was still hot. Seyoung took it, and slowly put it to her pale lips, bringing back colour to her face. Along with the warmth the drink brought to her body, colour began to return to her face and her expression seemed to be thawing, bit by bit. "Thank you, Wooyoung, for helping me even though you have no idea what's going on. Thank you for your unconditional care for me." She said suddenly, breaking the silence. He smiled at her. "It's alright, Seyoung, what are friends for?" She looked up at the word 'friends'. "You said it so easily, Wooyoung, I'm proud of you. I was scared that you would think that this romance was real." Wooyoung chuckled a little, a bittersweet sensation washing over him. "It took me a long while to grasp that concept. And lots of witnessing of your real couple moments with Hwi Kyung hyung." She looked at him, conflicted. Things had changed so much since the beginning, she realised. She used to act so cold to Wooyoung, because she didn't want him to get the wrong idea. Who knew that in the end, Wooyoung had grasped the concept by himself, and she was the one who had fallen into the trap of virtual romance. She looked down, suddenly embarassed at herself. Look at her, being Wooyoung's noona and a more experienced actress, she had failed at the very lesson she was trying to teach Wooyoung. Perhaps her downfall today was her own fault after all. 

They kept silent for the rest of the ride, and all the way while Seyoung was getting checked by the doctor and getting her ankle bandaged. The curtain opened when she was done and Wooyoung rushed to her side, supporting her as she hobbled to the nearby chair. "Are you better now?" She nodded at him and tried to smile, but his kindness to her was just confusing her. That was the thing about lovelines and virtual romances during shows, you never know when it's fake and when it's real. She constantly found herself wishing that her marriage with Wooyoung was real, and that her tumultaneous relationship with Hwi Kyung was false, but life never works the way you want it to. Wooyoung surprised her suddenly, by gently taking her hand. "Seyoung ah, if Hwi Kyung was the one who did this to you, just tell me, and I'll help you resolve it." He said with firm determination. She had not had a chance to reply when someone burst in the emergency room, shouting her name. "Park Seyoung where are you?" She shuddered at the sound, recognising it as Hwi Kyung's, and she wanted to hide or get out of the room but it was too late, he spotted her and Wooyoung. Wooyoung was looking around for the source of the sound and didn't notice Hwi Kyung behind him, until Hwi Kyung shoved him violently out of his seat. "You jashik! What were you doing with my Seyong?" Reaching Seyoung, he roughly cupped her cheeks and got on his knees. Tears pouring out of his cheeks he apologised repeatedly, "I am so sorry, I am so sorry, Seyoung. I was just so mad earlier on, I'm so sorry. Can you forgive me? Please can we go back to how we used to be?" Seyoung pushed him away, repulsed, hurt and sorrowful. She could smell the strong alcohol on his breath, and disappointment filled her heart. "You drank?" She asked him, with tears in her voice. "Yeah, just a cup or two, Seyoung, take me back please!" "Get away from me! What happened to you, Hwi Kyung ah, why have you become like this?? Violent, drunk, rash, this is not the Hwi Kyung that I used to know!" She pleaded with him. Wooyoung appeared at her side and tugged at her hand. "Seyoung ah, let's leave quickly, let's not cause a scene here." Hwi Kyung, enraged at the sight of Wooyoung lunged at him and started throwing punches. To Wooyoung's credit, he could very well have fought back but he decided instead to dodge the blows and not attack, even at the risk of getting hit himself. Watching this in horror, Seyoung screamed and without thinking, threw herself in front of Wooyoung to block the blows. This stopped Hwi Kyung immediately. Even in his drunken stupor he saw the weight of her actions and he just sank to the ground, defeated. 

Seyoung's eyes were closed as she waited for the blow that never came, and only when she heard the silence did she open her eyes. When she realised that Hwi Kyung had stopped, she heaved a sigh of relief and suddenly remembered that she was lying on Wooyoung. "Omo!" She sat up quickly, her cheeks flushing red. He sat up awkwardly but quickly made himself useful by going over to Hwi Kyung. His face was red from exertion and tears were still streaming out from his eyes. He seemed to have calmed down and awakened from his stupor. Hwi Kyung looked at him and when he saw the bruise on Wooyoung's face from one of his punches, he looked at him in apology and remorse. Wooyoung shook it off and offered a hand to help him up. Hwi Kyung gingerly took it and stood up to apologise to the hospital staff. It was a good thing that the hospital had not called the police to report them. Finally he looked at Seyoung, who with Wooyoung's help was seated on a chair. She avoided his gaze and said curtly, "You'd better get on home." He nodded ashamedly, and without a further glance he quickly left the room, a similar situation to what had happened earlier that morning. 

Seyoung turned her attention to Wooyoung. "Are you okay?" He smiled slightly and pointed to his bruise. "Apart from that fella up there, yeah I'm perfectly fine." She said quietly, "I'm sorry for dragging you into all this." He looked into her eyes. "No, Seyoung, don't apologise. I'm sorry for having fallen in love, even though I knew that you were attached, I'm sorry for confusing you, and thank you for looking to me whenever you need help. I love you, Seyoung."