Runaway Bride

Love is a sweet melody sung by two ♡
XSYKOTICA








 Victoria zipped on her dress, and taking a deep breath, stepped out of the changing room. A collective gasp went around the room as her closest friends and family saw the gorgeous bride. Victoria looked around the room shyly, first at her f(x) members who had volunteered to be her bridesmaids, next at her sisters who had chosen the dress for her and finally at her mother, who was approaching her with a bright smile on her face. "You're so beautiful, my...my daughter has grown up..." Victoria's mother hugged her tightly. As her mother spoke, tears ran down Victoria's cheeks as she breathed in her mother's familiar scent and listened to her warm Qingdao accent, due to her busy schedule it had been a while since she had met her mother. Mrs Song untangled herself from her daughter's arms and wiped the tears off Victoria's cheeks. "Now, no more crying! It's time to put your make up on!" At her command, the makeup artists took out their tools and prepared to start work. 

Nichkhun took a deep breath as he stepped out from the car. From inside the car, the rest of the 2PM members looked at him worriedly. "Hyung, are you sure that you want to go? Do you want us to go with you then?" Junho asked in a last minute attempt to dissuade Nichkhun. He shook his head, and smiling a little he replied, "It's Victoria's big day! We're close friends, I definitely have to be here to support her!" Without waiting for Junho's reply he took a confident step forward, then another, then another. His stomach sank a little when he saw the signboard outside the dining hall. It read: Marriage between Kim Shihan and Victoria Song. 

Victoria was finally ready. Physically that is. Her stomach lurched at the thought of walking into that crowded dining hall, making her vows in front of hundreds of people. Okay maybe just a hundred. But there was still the press conference after that, and...and her honeymoon. She put her head in her hands, unsure of what she was so nervous about and in despair that there was no way she could calm down. Suddenly, she heard a familiar voice. "Excuse me, may I know where the toilet is?" She looked up, and her heart stopped. Her eyes widened at the sight of him, politely asking the usher for directions. He looked absolutely charming in a long sleeved shirt and his smile was as beautiful as ever. He thanked the usher and headed towards the toilet, which happened to be in the direction of the dressing room, in which Victoria was at. Victoria tried to avoid him and looked away, but he turned just at the right time, meeting her startled gaze. 

His eyes lit up at the sight of her and his heart pounded, just a little, when he saw how beautiful she was. The dress she was wearing reminded him (yet again) of their WGM days, when they had taken their wedding photos. Glancing at the banner hanging from a wall next to him, he noted sadly that the position of the groom had been replaced. He walked over to her with an easy smile, while his heart hardened up, unwilling to show his true emotion and risk ruining the day for her. No, he had to be happy for her. She greeted him with a somewhat awkward smile at first, but when he held up her hand and pressed into it a small box, she gasped. He chuckled, "Don't need to be so shocked to see me Victoria sshi, after all, you sent me an invitation! Anyway, congratulations, I'm so happy for you. This, this present I've been wanting to give it to you for a long time, but we haven't had the chance to meet up since...since WGM, so anyway, I hope you like it and have a everlasting and loving marriage!" He hugged her gently and whispered, "You look beautiful today, Victoria sshi." She barely had time to react before he waved goodbye and headed to the toilets. She could barely cope with the overwhelming emotions that had overcome her ever since she inhaled that familiar cologne that Nichkhun had always used. With trembling fingers, she opened up the box, and to her surprise/horror/dismay she discovered it was a beautiful bracelet. On it were the carved words: I hope you'll be happy :)  

A sudden wave of memories hit her as she realised where the bracelet was from. Towards the end of their WGM days, they had gone to a shop where they were allowed to carve whatever they liked on each other's bracelets. Nichkhun had never shown her what he had carved, and the show had ended for them before they had a chance to collect their bracelets. She cringed with embarassment as she remembered what she had carved on Nichkhun's bracelet. She wondered if he had collected it along with hers... 

Nichkhun sat back down on his seat, replaying the scene with Victoria. He hadn't meant to make her so flustered, he hadn't even planned on going to talk to her. But it was a load off his chest now that he had managed to give the bracelet to her. It was really fitting for the occasion anyway, but that didn't remove the ache he now felt from the emptiness in his chest. In some ways, having that bracelet to give to her meant one more opportunity to talk to her, to see her again. But now, there was none, no reason to ever see her again. He figured that she would feel awkward seeing him again, and he would give anything to make this day perfect for her. He stood up, just as the ceremony began, and as silently as he had come, silently left. 

Victoria walked gingerly on the aisle, her hand hooked around her father's. She tried her best to smile, but her mind was full of Nichkhun, and she found it hard to breathe and think normally. Her father nudged her a little. "Toria, are you okay?" She couldn't answer, and she found all the lights very jarring, causing her a massive headache. Added to that was the pressure of having to seem happy, and the question that kept sounding in her head. For goodness sake it was her wedding, she was about to get married to a guy that had loved her for the past 2 years, why wasn't she thinking about him but instead about Nichkhun? 

When she reached her fiancee she reached out to him for support, but when they turned together to face the crowd to say their vows, she suddenly knew that she couldn't do it. Not today, not in this state. All she knew now was that she wanted to run. run. run. 

Nichkhun sat at the back of the cab, watching the raindrops fall slowly, one by one, before increasing to a steady pitter-patter that made a loud sound on the cab boot. He reached into his pocket, and gently took out a bracelet that was identical to the one he had just given Victoria. With tears in his eyes, he flipped it to the other side, where the carved words could be clearly seen. 

"I'll love you forever, Nichkhun! <3" The words suffocated him with sadness that he had tried his best to forget over the past 2 years. He realised that he could not stand going home straight away, not now, not when he needed to clear his head. "Gi sa nim! Please turn around!"

She wasn't in her right mind, wasn't thinking straight, she just dashed off the stage and headed towards the nearest door. Everyone was so shocked that no one thought of stopping her, and Shihan took a good few seconds to react and to start chasing. She ran, faster than she had ever run in her life, she ran until she couldn't run anymore. She sank to the ground, huffing and puffing, before taking in her surroundings and realising that she was in a nearby park. And someone was watching her. It was Nichkhun.