A Chance Encounter

Love is a sweet melody sung by two ♡
XSYKOTICA








 

Victoria smiled as she added the finishing touches to the box of food she had made. Today was a rare day where she didn't have a schedule, and she knew for a fact that Khun was very busy preparing for 2PM's comeback. She glanced at the clock and got a shock. "Omo, it's already 7pm? I need to get to JYP before Khun eats his dinner!" She hurriedly packed everything and wrapped it before rushing out the door. Once there though, she had no idea what she should do to avoid drawing attention to herself. She decided on texting Khun and waiting for him in a small cafe a short distance away from the building. 

"Ahh chincha! Not again!! Didn't I charge you last night??" Nichkhun sighed desparingly as his phone battery went flat once again. Junho laughed at him before good naturedly offering, "You can always use mine if you need to make a call, don't worry!" They were in their van, on the way back from the recording studio to the JYP building. "Oh, wait! I just remembered that I have to head to the SM building for a while! I need to get something from Yoona." Taecyeon piped up. "Ohhhh....." the whole van sounded with the suggestive sounds of the other members. Nichkhun chuckled. "You're still close to her?" He asked. Taecyeon hurriedly shook his head. "Aniya, not in that way. I'm happy for her and Seunggi hyung! I just have something that she's been keeping for me since Family Outing. She found it recently and has been hounding me to get it back." 

Half an hour later, the van screeched to a stop and Taecyeon hopped out and entered the building through the back exit. Khun glanced at the other members, Jun K and Junho were both wearing headphones and closing their eyes while Wooyoung and Chansung were sprawled on the back seat, snoring away. Nichkhun wanted to get some fresh air so he quietly opened the door and exited the van. He checked the surroundings before he got out and quickly stretched his tired body. His mind drifted to Victoria again as he realised regretfully that he didn't text her or talk to her all day. Suddenly, he heard a noise. He turned in that direction and saw Tiffany, from SNSD. She had tripped in her heels and was struggling to get up. WIthout a moment's hestitation, he ran over and tapped her on her shoulder. "Are you okay?" He said in English naturally. She was shocked to see him but a smile came onto her face as she accepted his hand and stood up. "I think I'm fine, my ankle hurts a little but I'll take care of it when I get home. Thank you, Nichkhun." She replied back in fluent English. Their banter brought the both of them back to the time when they attended Korean lessons together. Being native English speakers, and sharing the same American background, they naturally hit it off well together and since then, they had become good friends. 2PM didn't get to interact much with SNSD these days, so they had lost contact after the Korean classes stopped. 

"Well if you're sure.." Nichkhun let go off her hand gently. She nodded and with a little cheekiness, asked, "Oppa are you dating?" He turned red at her question and quickly looked away. "I take it that you are...congratulations! Who is it? Someone that I know? Omo...is it VIctoria?" He nodded slightly. "Woah daebak! I guessed it because you were so quick to let go of my hand, as if you were afraid somehow that Victoria would know. Be happy forever then! Treat her well, Oppa, can you promise me that?" He looked at her intently suddenly, making her feel a little uncomfortable. He smiled and thanked her for her congratulations before heading back to the 2PM van. 

She looked at his departing figure and her smile slowly disappeared. That stare...she knew what it meant, but she could no longer do anything about it. 

When the van finally pulled into JYP entertainment, the boys eagerly got out of it. It had been a long and exhausting day and everyone was eager to go home and rest. Khun's eyes roamed around and landed on the cafe opposite the building. He thought he saw a familiar figure in the corner of the cafe, but she was wearing sunglasses and he couldn't be sure. He turned around and went into the building. He felt weird, as if there was something that he was missing, so he inituively plugged in his phone and charged it. A message from Victoria popped up immediately. "I'm at the cafe behind the building, come meet me when you're back!" His mouth opened in shock as he realised that that familiar figure was actually Victoria. Leaving everything behind, he rushed out of the building and ran to the cafe. Upon his arrival Victoria sat up with shock. She had been close to dozing off waiting for him as it had been more than 2 hours, but his sudden arrival and his fluster woke her up completely. She stared at him, Khun who had come without even wearing his jacket and looked like he had rushed all the way here. He hugged her quickly, apologising, "I'm so sorry Victoria, my phone was dead and I didn't see your message until I got back. We had to stop by SM to run an errand first that's why we took so long." She shook her head. "Nah it's okay! You haven't had your dinner right? I hope it's still warm!" She held out the box of food that she had painstakingly prepared, and Nichkhun slowly, lovingly, ate each bite, with his eyes staring straight at hers. Their loving eye exchanges warmed the atmosphere, even though it had started to snow lightly outside.