Repercussions & Regret

Love is a sweet melody sung by two ♡
XSYKOTICA








 

Sorry for not updating guys! been busy with school haha but this chapter is specially dedicated to my beloved senior (u know who u are) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! ILY and sorry for not getting u a proper bday present but this shall be a temporary one hehe ^^ hope u like this! :D 

~ 2PM HEADLINE NEWS ~ 

"Popular solo artiste IU has made a public confession of love to 2PM's Jang Wooyoung two days ago, during the second night of her concert tour here in Seoul. This has been widely speculated about all over the internet, as there have been many people who shipped this WooU couple together ever since their Dream High days. WIll this be a dream come true for those fans then? We have yet to receive comments from both parties. In other news..." 

Wooyoung switched off the TV and heavily sighed. He flopped onto his couch and closed his eyes, his head already throbbing although the day had just started. He had nothing scheduled for the morning, not until the evening where he had to film WGM with Seyoung. His doorbell rang, surprising him. He opened the door and was relieved to find Jun K, the eldest member of 2PM. Jun K set a fruit basket down on the dining table. "How are you? With all this...news. Reporters are camped outside the JYP building now so the other members couldn't come..." Wooyoung looked at Jun K worriedly. "Hyung...how do you think I should deal with this? It wasn't my fault because Ji Eun was the one who initiated this, but at the same time she's like a sister to me, I can't ditch her or leave her in the lurch. But this will ruin my appearance on WGM...there are so many negative comments online now about how fake WGM is and everything." Wooyoung sighed desparingly. Jun K avoided Wooyoung's eyes as what his boss had said to him flashed again in his memory. "Persuade Wooyoung to make a public statement regarding IU. I don't care what it takes, just make sure that Wooyoung rejects IU and can resume his WGM filming." He closed his eyes, trying to muster up the words. "Wooyoung ah...JYP Hyung...he asked me to give you this." Jun K fished the document out of his coat. "I'm sorry." 

Ji Eun sat alone in the big, empty room, eyes closed and headphones on her head. The soothing music playing did nothing to lift her spirits, rather, it made her feel even sadder. No, this won't do, she thought, and pressed the button on her iPod to skip to the next song. A familiar piano melody sounded, tears pricking in her eyes as she remembered how when 2PM had released their Grown album, she had headed to the store immediately for it, how when she heard Wooyoung's solo song, she had never failed to wish that he was singing the song to her. Her tears spilled out uncontrollablly as she listened, her heart  aching as she thought of him. It was all her fault, now their scandal was publicized and they were both getting so much harrassment by the media. Even more heartbreaking was Wooyoung's response. Her mind flashed back to when she finished the song and her announcement, when she had had the spotlight shone on his face, all she saw was his shock, his horror, and even worse, the fact that he had been holding Seyoung's hand. He had not officially given her an answer, but his initial reaction was all she needed to understand, to understand that her heart had to let go, she had to forget her first love. She also had to fix things, and as she dried her tears, she gradually began to understand how. She took out her phone and fingers trembling, dialled a number. 

"I can't do this, hyung, I thought you of all people would understand. I can't hurt Ji Eun like that!" Wooyoung pushed the paper away huffily. He didn't get a reply from his hyung though, which made him turn around in surprise. "What's up Hyung?" Jun K was staring at his phone. "Junho just asked me to turn on the radio...I wonder what is going on!" They quickly the radio and the first thing they heard was IU's voice. "I'm sorry for starting this scandal, both to Wooyoung sshi and to our fans. This period of time, I must have caused a lot of trouble to all of you, Wooyoung sshi especially. My relationship with Wooyoung was purely one-sided, we had no relationship whatsoever. We were, good friends though, and I hope that this incident has not ruined my relationship with him. Wooyoung-ah, if you are listening, I'm sorry and don't worry about me, I'm a strong girl and I'll get through this. Thanks for having me on the show..." Wooyoung sat back in his chair in disbelief. He couldn't believe that Ji Eun had taken such a  bold step and he was at a loss of how to help her. "Well, I guess that's settled. Thankfully you didn't have to say anything Wooyoung." He nodded, but his heart was unsettled, he felt very sorry towards Ji Eun. 

Victoria woke up with a start and took a few seconds to realise that her phone was ringing. She reached for it sleepily and answered. "Hello? Yes I'm Victoria. Is there anything wrong?" Her heart dropped when she heard the words, "This is Seoul National University Hospital." Her hands trembled as she continued listening to the voice. "We regret to inform you, but Mr Kim Shihan was involved in a terrible car crash, he was admitted to the ICU a few hours ago and the doctors are doing their best to save him but he is in a very critical condition. There is a possibilty that he might die and we need someone close to him to be here at the hospital. He has no remaining family and the last person he called was you...could you come down?" Victoria could not believe what she was hearing, but her mind worked faster than her heart and she hastily consented, before putting on her clothes and flagging a cab. It was only in the cab that she allowed herself to digest this news and her heart hurt so badly, so much so that she thought her chest would burst. Her sorrow folded into a large knot at , tears formed at her eyes but no matter how hard she tried, the tears would not come out. Tears, which had always been so easy for her, refused to fall out at the time of her greatest sorrow. As she opened her phone and glanced at all the call records, she regretted sleeping so early, she regretted failing to pick up the calls, she regretted being rash and running away from the wedding, she regretted hurting Shihan so much. Now it was too late...she would never be rid of this guilt...