Start of Something New

Love is a sweet melody sung by two ♡
XSYKOTICA








 

Nichkhun was working out in the gym with Junho and Chansung when he received a phone call. He was rather shocked when he saw that it was from an unknown number, but instincts told him that he should answer it. “Hello?” He cautiously answered. There was a slight hesitation before someone spoke into the phone. “Hello? Nichkhun sshi? I am Jang Heun Hye, a reporter.”

 

Victoria was in the midst of recording with  Big Bang’s Taeyang for their new duet when someone rushed into the room. The person didn’t enter the recording rooms directly, but the flurry with which she ran into the studio startled Victoria and caused her to forget her cue. She recognized it as one of SM’s younger employees, and she made a mental note to remind her manager to train his houbaes better. Taeyang noticed her distraction and sighed. “Victoria sshi, do you want to take a break? I think that woman wants to speak to you too.” Victoria nodded apologetically and exited the recording studio.

 

As she walked to the employee, she could see that the employee was holding a yellow envelope and that her hands were trembling. “Victoria unnie, really sorry to disturb you, but this was sent to the company today. It was addressed directly to our boss. I saw it when I went to collect the mail and I accidentally dropped it, so I saw its content. I didn’t dare to pass it to the boss before showing this to you.” She held out the envelope and Victoria took it a little nervously. Taking out what was inside, she gasped in horror and dropped the pictures on the floor. What she was seeing didn’t register in her mind, or rather it didn’t want to register. “That’s impossible, Khun wouldn’t…” Watching her reaction, the employee felt bad for her. “I heard about Khuntoria dating again, so when I saw these photos I came to you first.” Victoria momentarily regained her calm and picked up the photos. Clutching them tightly in her hand, she nodded to the employee. “Thank you for this, don’t tell anyone about this and please, leave now.” The employee hurriedly left the room, leaving Victoria shaking like an aspen leaf. She steeled herself and picked up the photos again. Of Nichkhun and Tiffany in the same car, engrossed in a conversation. Of them entering the hospital together, of Tiffany crying and Nichkhun comforting her, and finally the most incriminating one of all, Nichkhun and Tiffany tightly hugging. Victoria’s world crumbled around her as she noted the date on these photos, it was the night that Nichkhun did not show up for their date. She fell to the floor, feeling dizzy light-headed and confused all at the same time. But what she felt most was the aching painful realization that she was losing Nichkhun once again.

 

Nichkhun felt like his world had just crashed around him. The reporter, Heun Hye, was a reporter for allkpop, an online KPOP news website. She had just told him that she had evidence of “Khun-fany” in the form of photos, and she had even sent some of the photos to him. Initially he had laughed it off as a joke, him and Tiffany? Virtually impossible. But as the pictures were sent to him one by one, his heart began to beat faster. The photos were good proof alright. He had started to rebut this baseless claim, but he realized that the only way he could really rebut this claim was to tell the world that he was dating Victoria. Knowing Victoria, he knew that this would not have been what she wanted. He was at a loss of what to do.

 

Amidst her grief and confusion, she chanced upon a letter that had been stuffed inside the envelope among the photos. It read: “Check out the newspaper tomorrow.” She read it with horror, realizing the hidden meaning behind that sentence. The pictures would be all over the newspapers tomorrow? She had to warn Khun so  he could stop it! But she stopped herself, the photos were more than enough evidence to show that Khun had cheated on her, why should she care what happens to the couple?

Due to the misunderstandings between the Khuntoria couple, they did not talk about it at all that night, even though Khun had tried to call Victoria repeatedly. As a result, Khun had no idea that the photos were going to be published and got a great shock when it appeared in the papers the next day. Before the papers however, the other 2PM members came rushing in to his room early in the morning, waking him and telling him that his pictures were splashed all over the internet. The headlines read: “2PM Nichkhun and SNSD’s Tiffany Dating” As far as he knew, both agencies had declined to comment.

Victoria braced herself as she logged onto SNS that morning, unsurprisingly, Khunfany was trended the most and all the KPOP news websites were splashed with Khunfany photos. A thousand needles seemed to poke at her heart, and she really did not know what to do to ease the ache. Surprisingly, a text from Khun chimed. “You’ve seen the photos eh, please, call me, let me explain myself. Or even better, will you please attend my press conference today?” She looked up from her phone in surprise, the press conference was news to her. She quickly looked It up on Twitter and sure enough, JYP had just issued a statement announcing a press conference.

 

A few hours later, Nichkhun sat nervously atop the stage and waited as the mikes were being set up. There was security all over the place to prevent intrusion of the press conference by crazy fans. A flurry of activity started over at the other end of the room and he looked up as he saw Tiffany approaching. She looked worried and stressed and upon seeing him, apologized immediately. “I’m sorry for causing all this misunderstanding, I’m sure Victoria is feeling horrible now. Thanks for calling this conference so we can clear this up.” Nichkhun grabbed her hand and seriously said, “Tiffany, I need your help for today. Our past relationship will be exposed today, but it’ll all be part of my explanation. I’m sorry if I’m going to hurt you, but I think it’ll be necessary to clear the air once and for all today. I also need your help for something else…

 

The room was packed with reporters. Victoria slid in quietly, dressed in ordinary clothes and wearing a pair of sunglasses. Everyone was fixated on the couple on the stage so she managed to enter unnoticed. She slowly took a seat as she watched the couple on stage, her heart slowly breaking as they talked. The next thing she knew, Khun had put a few pictures on the screen. “These are the pictures from when Tiffany and I dated previously. We used to date when we were both rookies, we took Korean classes together and ate dinner together and did stuff after that. That was all. We did not, and let me stress, did not, get back together at all the past 4 years. In fact, I’m in a relationship with someone else now, and I think now’s about time that I make this known to everybody. The special lady is now here, sititng in the fourth row, 3rd from the left.” Everyone started murmuring as they tried to get a glimpse of this woman. Victoria, when she realized that Khun was in fact talking about her, was shocked and tried to hide her face until she noticed a comforting presence in front of her. He held out his hand and she slowly took it, tears forming in her eyes. “This, is the woman I love, and the woman that I’m dating now. Victoria Song.” She stood up alongside him, her heart overwhelming with the relief that Khunfany wasn’t real and with very touched  by Khun’s gesture. He had showed that he was proud of their relationship, and he was brave enough to do it, so she should too. She looked up now, strong and confident, into the news cameras and the faces of the eager reporters. “We have been dating for a few months now, and we hope to stay strong forever. Please do give us your support.” They smiled happily at each other, now truly free from the fear of being exposed by the media. Leaning close, Nichkhun gently kissed Victoria, and they had their private moment in their own world, oblivious to the dozens of cameras flashing at them. This was the start of something new.