"I Remember"

Love is a sweet melody sung by two ♡
XSYKOTICA








 

It had been about a week since they had found Wooyoung and he was adapting nicely. Although he did not remember everyone, he started to get to know them again slowly. Seyoung stayed by his side daily, helping him to get back to his old lifestyle and also trying to incur his memories. She was patient with him and never showed her sadness to him, but sometimes she couldn't help it. Like now. She stormed into the toilet and sat on the toilet seat, sobbing her heart out as she once again faced her fear that he would never regain his memories. She was grateful that he was returned to them, but she couldn't help but miss the old Wooyoung. She exited the toilet after a while, taking great care to wash her face to not make it seem blotchy but when she saw Wooyoung outside, looking concernedly at her, her heart broke a little again. She gave him an excuse that she was tired and he told her to go inside his guest room to rest. She went in and noticed that there was a guitar there. Her hand reached for it before she even knew what she was doing. She used to learn the guitar a long time ago, but she faintly remembered the basics. Her fingers strummed a chord, then another, and she began to sing, half in a daze. "Say something I'm giving up on you, I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you..." The song expressed her feelings and when she was done she found that her cheeks were wet and her eyes were puffy. Wooyoung came in a second later, a great smile on his face as he complimented, "Seyoung ah, that was beautiful!" But his sentence stopped halfway when he realised that she was crying. Slowly, he went up to her and asked her gently. "What's wrong, Seyoung?" She didn't want to hide it anymore so she tearfully told him that she was scared he would never remember who she was. "What we shared was the most beautiful thing I had ever experienced, I don't want to forget it...." As her tears started running down her cheeks again he impulsively touched her cheeks and wiped the tears away. He lifted her chin, and her eyes were wide open at the affectionate gesture. "I may not understand what you're going through, because I'm the one who lost the memories, but based on what you said, I think I wouldn't have wanted to lose those memories either. I'll work hard to remember, I promise." His action, and his words sent a jolt of familarity in Seyoung's heart and she recalled that he had done and said something similar last time at the WGM house, when she had been discouraged over a role. Apparently, he felt like it was familiar too, because he sat onto the ground suddenly, a confused expression on his face. He clutched his head, and cried out softly. Seyoung leapt out of her seat and asked him what was wrong. "My head...it hurts so badly....I need to lie down...." His eyes closed and his face scrunched up in concentration. Seyoung helped him to the bed and hurriedly called the other members. He forced out more words as he lay down. "Images...memories are coming into my head...all at once...." That was all he managed to say before he fell asleep on the bed. 

 

A few hours later, he finally awoke, and when he looked around, he knew for sure that his memories had returned. Everything seemed so familar to him, and when he looked at the sleeping Seyoung in front of him, he could not resist the urge to her smooth hair. The movement made her wake up and she looked up at him hopefully. He nodded. "I remember now." She hugged him tightly, so much so that he thought he wouldn't be able to breathe. "I love you Wooyoung, thank you for really coming back." He smiled as he grabbed her hand. "It was all because of you, when you cried and I reached out to comfort you, I felt as if I had done that before, a long time ago, and this memory triggered all the other memories to come flowing back."