Despair

Love is a sweet melody sung by two ♡

Sorry for not updating for a while (busy with exams) anyway, sigh this story is gonna be sad for a while more but rest assured it'll be happy again (: *spoiler alert* 

Back to the present  

Seyoung sat up properly and inhaled in the salty sea air, it calmed her somewhat and she turned to Hwi Kyung. Her hands slightly trembling, she pressed Wooyoung's phone into his hands. "Call the other 2PM members using this, they'll accept the call if they see it's from Wooyoung. Tell them what happened, ask them what to do next and get them to come here, to wait." He nodded and walked a distance off to make the call. Her stomach lurched as she took out her own phone. It was time for the hard part, she told herself. Slowly, she opened her contacts and tears b her eyes again, she clicked on the number. Ring, ring, the ringing sound went on for ages before a warm, rough voice answered. "Hello?" She said in her Busan accent. "Who is this?" "Umma...it's me...Seyoung." Wooyoung's mother sounded so excited to hear from her and nattered on for a few good seconds before she suddenly registered Seyoung's silence. "What's...what's wrong? Don't be afraid, child, just tell me!" Seyoung forced the words out of , immediately feeling the shock and horror of Wooyoung's mother. "What...what did you say?" Wooyoung's mother could barely articulate the words, Seyoung felt so guilty for being the one to tell her. Thankfully Hwi Kyung returned at that time, solemn-faced, and when she wordlessly passed the phone to him, he immediately understood and started talking softly to Wooyoung's mother, explaining the situation. 

Khuntoria had just reached the Registry of Marriage. Victoria was dressed in a stunning simple white dress, and Khun was dressed like her, simple but gorgeous. They made a very handsome couple, and everyone who saw them stared at them for a few moments. They were in a state of euphoria, excited that they were finally going to be together. And then the call came. Whether it was fate or just pure chance, Hwi Kyung had chosen to call Khun out of all the members first. Khun couldn't believe what he was hearing, even though the counter had already called their number, he was frozen in his seat. Victoria tugged at him anxiously, pointing to the counter. He didn't even feel her as he tried hard to process what he had just heard. Wooyoung was on a ferry..that just sank? He had passed his final words to Seyoung? He was...dead? Khun's phone dropped to the ground as he sat there in shock. Without any warning, he dashed out of the registry, leaving Victoria stunned and shocked. She knew him too well to realise that something very important had happened, so she ignored the clerk at the counter and ran after him. She finally caught up to him at the car, where he was leaning on the car to support himself. His face had gone ashen and he looked very confused and afraid. She gently probed. "Khun ah, what happened? You're not in a state to drive, tell me where and I'll drive you there." He just mumbled the words, "Sewol Ferry" but she caught it. Hopping behind the wheel, she swallowed her nerves and started the engine. Seeing as he wasn't reacting, she leaned over to help him wear his seatbelt. Seeing his traumatized face, she knew that she had to be brave for the both of them and the best way to start was to conquer her fear of the wheel. This is for you, Khun, she thought silently as she drove out of the carpark. 

When they arrived, the place was in a state of chaos. Family members were running about, crying and weeping on the pavement, crowding round whenever someone was saved, sometimes there would be tears of joy but most of the time, it was of despair. Victoria was shocked into silence at this scene, it was the most horrifying and tragic thing she had ever experienced. She knew that after witnessing this, she would never look at her surroundings the same way anymore, she would treasure them more. With this thought, she squeezed Khun's hand tightly and that seemed to wake him up. He quickly got out of the car and headed straight towards the jetty, leaving Victoria confused, with a nagging sense of worry. Khun stopped suddenly, and Victoria nearly ran into him. She looked at what he was staring at and saw Seyoung, crouched on the ground. She hurried over to Seyoung, who was shivering even though it wasn't cold. She grabbed Seyoung's hands and asked her anxiously. "What happened? What's wrong?" A handsome man who she did not recognise looked at Nichkhun. "Thank you for coming, Nichkhun sshi, can I leave Seyoung with you for now? I need to settle some things at work and to get clothes and food for her to change into. Please take care of her." Victoria was even more confused, and she tugged at Khun anxiously. "Who is it? Who got stuck in this tragedy?" "Wooyoung." His simple answer caused a flood of tears to pour out from his eyes, and Khun, who never ever cried, not in front of Victoria, broke down like a baby. He knelt down at the jetty, and remained there for the next few hours, as all the other members came to wait for Wooyoung. He kept his eyes peeled towards the sea, and wouldn't get up or even talk no matter what anyone said to him. It seemed hopeless.