Rainfall...and romance (:

Love is a sweet melody sung by two ♡
XSYKOTICA








  Wooyoung stood up and stretched once the director paused for a break. While filming WGM, they had spent hours ice-fishing, which was a tiring job because it involved using lots of strength to break a hole through the ice, only to find it frozen again after a few minutes. The couple did not manage to catch any fish, but for some reason, Wooyoung felt more comfortable with Seyoung than he had all season. They had had fun sledding around the ice, but he still wasn't sure whether he should believe Seyoung and her actions. It confused him a lot. 

Seyoung sat quietly on the chair, sipping the warm tea that Wooyoung had packed. She had to admit, she was pleasantly surprised by all the effort that he had put into organising this fishing trip. She looked at all the fishing equipment in front of her, felt the goodness of having hot instant noodles to fill her belly, and even the little chairs that he had brought to make their experience comfortable! She knew for a fact that all this was not scripted, that it was all Wooyoung's initiative. She was grateful, for having a virtual husband like him. It eased a lot of her stress, especially since after that day, Wooyoung had stopped asking her out or asking her awkward questions, he kept to polite greetings with her and didn't initiate conversations. He understood, she noted happily to herself, now they would be able to avoid heartbreak! 

Seyoung was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't realise the director and the crew were packing up their equipment until Wooyoung nudged her. "Sorry to interrupt, Seyoung sshi, but I think we're done filming for the day. If you don't mind...I need to pack up the chairs." She stood up with a start, a little embarassed and quickly nodded. "Yes, yes, I'll...I'll help you pack up." Her hands fumbling, she packed up the fishing equipment while Wooyoung folded the chairs. They worked in a rather awkward silence until Seyoung spoke up. "Thank you for today, Wooyoung, I know it was for filming, but I had fun."He smiled a little before asking, "Seyoung sshi...where is your manager?" Seyoung shrugged her shoulders and took out her phone to check. "He went to buy me a soy latte but he's still not back I think." "Oh? My manager had to pick up the other members from their schedules so he'll be late too! Let's wait together...unless you'd rather not." Seyoung agreed with his suggestion and they walked towards the carpark together. 

As they walked, it started to rain suddenly. It started out as a drizzle, but it became heavier and heavier. "Omo, eotteohke! My coat is sponsored and I need to return it later on! I still have a schedule after this, argh darn this rain! Where is my manager when I need him??" Seyoung complained with a pout, trying to protect her coat from the rain in vain. As if by magic, a coat suddenly appeared around her shoulders, completely covering her own one. She glanced in astonishment at Wooyoung, who was now coatless, with only a short sleeved shirt covering himself. "Wooyoung sshi..." "It's alright, Seyoung sshi, my coat and my shirt aren't sponsered. I'll be going home right after this so it's really fine!" This unexpected gesture touched Seyoung, a lot more than she would have thought possible. All she could think of to say was a simple "thank you", but the gesture warmed her heart against the beating cold raindrops and brought a genuine smile to her face. 

Nichkhun and Victoria stared at each other for a few seconds, both not believing what they were seeing. Even before his mind could react to what had happened he opened his umbrella and walked over to her, sheltering her. He wasn't sure if it was an automatic response because he was gentlemanly in nature, but he did know that all he wanted to do now was to protect her, shelter her from anything that was causing her to be sad. The last he saw of her was in her wedding, looking like the prettiest and happiest bride in the world. What had happened that she had ended up in the park? Even if she never answered his questions, he just wanted to be with her, to be her guardian angel. 

Victoria was stunned by the sight of Nichkhun, but even more by his gesture, which seemed so beautiful, so comforting, so familiar. She remembered how he used to do that for her when they were filming WGM, how he would protect her quietly in his own way, be it covering her head when it rained and they had no umbrella, piggy-backing her down the steps because it was slippery, how for a few months after the show  he would still text her right before her performances to remind her to be careful and to give her encouragement. He was still doing that now, she realised. It was all her fault. She had broken his heart to start dating her fiancee, even though she knew that they had formed genuine feelings for each other during the show. She had ignored all that, and her heart, to have a stable lifestyle, and she could see that it was all a mistake. A chord struck in her heart as she remembered how she had even stopped texting/replying Khun ever since she had started dating, and how she didn't even bother to ask Khun how he was doing after his drunk-driving incident, even though she knew very well that he was having a hard time. She had been such a horrible person, she realised with a start, tears forming in her eyes. 

"I'm sorry Khun, I'm so so sorry!" Victoria finally uttered, the rest of her words dissolved in her burst of tears. "I'm sorry for abandoning you like that, I'm sorry for ignoring my feelings, I'm sorry for wanting to get married, I'm sorry I wasn't there for you! Why are you still so nice to me??? Khun, don't you hate me? Please just go away, don't spend any more of your time caring for a worthless person like me." She looked down at the ground, unable to meet his eyes any longer. A moment later, she felt a warm sensation around her body. Khun hugged her tightly, not caring that his umbrella had dropped, leaving them both exposed to the rain, not caring that passer-bys were watching. He cried as he her hair, murmuring softly, "I would never hate you Victoria, I could never hate anyone who once promised that she would love me forever. All I want is for you to be happy, and I would be happy as long as you are. I have never stopped loving you..."