Chapter Two

Like We Used To

It was 9 p.m. and Minseok was stirring his coffee. But actually, his mind was wandering about the meeting the day before. It almost drove him crazy. But yeah, almost. Because he got the power to act like he didn't miss that guy. He could act like it was totally ended for him. He could act like he got no more pain. But, once again, it was only an act.

He couldn't take his eyes over the tall guy he missed the most as he ate his lunch at the corner of the cafe, on the table near the window. He knew that the man sometimes took a glance at him. He felt his heart clenching again and again. Oh how he wanted to run over the guy and hugged him and told him he missed him and kissed him softly on his lips. But no, he wouldn't do that. At least not to the one who sent him a way in that way.

Minseok sighed. He took a sip of his coffee and sighed again.

He missed Yifan. He missed his Kris.

*---*

Even it wasn't raining, but the night wind blew so strong, making the night felt so cold. Blistering cold. But that didn't make Yifan moved from the bus shelter that was right in front of Time Machine. He was sure that Minseok was inside. And that night, he had planned to talk to Minseok.

Suddenly a tall guy walked happily towards Time Machine. He had that big grin plastered on his face. Next to him, there was a much smaller guy. He was talking about something like 'is it still far?' or something like that. The tall guy shook his head and opened the cafe's door, letting the small guy got in first.

"It's here," That tall guy said. "Minseokkie hyung makes the best coffee in the world, seriously!"

Minseok? I never knew this guy. Was he somehow related to Minseok? Was he someone who was closed to him after he left? Or... Was he-

No, Yifan. He shook his head and threw that thought. Minseok couldn't have replaced his place, right? He bit his lower lip hardly, trying to be focused on his plan. He had to talk Minseok down. He had been searching him everywhere. He didn't even know there was a cafe named as Time Machine before, so that was one of the reasons he couldn't find Minseok.

And, he just realized another fact a year ago. Luhan, Minseok's cousin, changed his phone number too without telling him nor his and Luhan's circle. When Yifan and Minseok separated, Luhan had just come to Korea to stay, but he didn't know where he lived. It was kinda frustrating for Yifan. But no, he wouldn't be mad at anyone. He was the one at fault. It was his entire fault.

He felt like dying because of the cold. He glanced at his watch. 10.13. The sign on the door telling him that Time Machine was closed. He could see that tall and small guys from before, helping Minseok to clean the tables while the said man was behind the cashier. Another guy, a tan skin guy, was mopping the floor while danced a bit here and there, making people in awe. He was good, actually. Suddenly a small guy came next to the dancing guy and hit his head with the rolled magazine. Ouch. That must be hurt.

Yifan saw the tall guy opened the door and shouted, "We'll be waiting for you, Minseokkie hyung~!"

Who was him to Minseok actually?

The rest of guys followed him and went to the supermarket 2 building next to the cafe, leaving Minseok alone in the cafe. Yifan stood up and walked to the door, getting in even the sign telling him not to. Minseok was back-facing him, so he didn't realize that Yifan was in front of the cashier machine. Yifan faked a cough and Minseok turned while saying, "I'm sorry, but we-"

He didn't say anything as he looked at Yifan. It was awkward actually. Did he really wish not to see Yifan?

"We need to talk, Xiu-"

"Don't call me that!" He suddenly shouted. Yifan was surprised that he acted like that all of sudden. But no, Yifan couldn't let this chance went away just like that. Yifan turned around the displays and stopped in front of him. "What do you want?!" He shouted at the taller one once he grabbed his hand. He tried to get away from him but Yifan just tightened his grip. I couldn't lose you twice, Xiumin.

"We seriously need to talk, Xiumin," He said once again, trying to make him listen to him. But he just continued to struggle against Yifan. "Please understand! We seriously need to talk about everything!" Yifan said to him. Out of his control, his voice sounded a lot louder than what it was supposed to be.

But then he stopped struggling. But then his body shook a little. But then he didn't look at Yifan, just stared at their shoes. And so Yifan realized.

He made him cry again.

"What happened-"

Yifan turned my head and found a shocked Luhan. Luhan, for God's sake. So, what he had in his mind for a year was right. They both 'ran away' from him. Luhan froze there as if he put a magic spell on him, making him couldn't move even a bit. Luhan was about to say something when suddenly the door was opened by the tall guy from before.

"Minseokkie hyu- Who are you?" He suddenly asked Yifan. He didn't know me so Yifan figured out that he and Minseok knew each other after they separated. But like something hit him on his head, seemed like realization or something hit him hard. Because suddenly the tall guy pointed at Yifan and shouted, "You must be that Kris guy, right?!"

He suddenly run towards them and snatched Minseok harshly away from Yifan. He was so fast that even his friends, Luhan, and Yifan didn't really saw him running. Too fast. His expression wasn't really good, he looked like he was mad. "What do you want?!" He shouted once again.

"I need to talk to Xiumin," Yifan said, calmly.

Xiumin was Minseok's nickname that was given from Yifan when it was their seventh month anniversary. He was jumping in glee hearing that nickname even he didn't understand what that meant. And he gave a nickname from Yifan too. Kris. When Yifan asked why, Minseok just smiled and said "I don't know, I just love it. And somehow for me, it fits you well."

Yifan realized that Luhan's face was changed when he heard that name was mentioned again. It had been a long time since he ever heard someone called Minseok with that. It was something special because only Yifan called him that. Not even Luhan knew how much Minseok loved that nickname. Luhan couldn't say anything, he didn't want to worsen the situation.

"What's the point of you being here?!" That tall guy shouted again. He seriously liked to shout. "You threw Minseok hyung away!"

Yifan flinched upon his words. Even Minseok and Luhan flinched by hearing that. Minseok's crying hadn't stopped, it got worse actually. No, Yifan didn't throw him away. He couldn't throw away the love of my life. At least, he didn't mean to. But what was the point of saying thing when people would just not believe you? No, Yifan wouldn't say anything.

Minseok looked Yifan right on his eyes and realized that the taller one was holding back his tears. Minseok knew him too well to realize everything about the taller one. His eyes caught something that was really precious. That sign.

"Wear this snowflake earring, so I know you're mine"

That was what exactly what he said when it was their third month anniversary. And Yifan still wore it. That snowflake earring Minseok gave him. That made him cried again. Did Yifan still have that feeling? Did Yifan wish they could be one again someday?

"I still live in our condo, Xiumin ah," Yifan said softly, his eyes were pierced on Minseok's. "I'll be waiting," He continued, trying to give his best smile, even his heart hurt like hell. He walked to Minseok - he knew Chanyeol was eyeing him like he was a criminal - and pulled out a small piece of paper. His number was written on it. Minseok of course knew that number. He remembered it like he remembered how to breathe in every single day. He took Minseok's small hand - Yifan felt like his heart twisted, in a very good way - and put the paper on his hand. "You can call me so I'll be home faster."

Minseok held the paper tightly. Yifan flashed a smile. A broken one. The tall guy brushed Minseok's hair softly. Minseok almost tried to prevent him from going away. But once again, almost. Because he just stood there letting his tears fell down as he saw Yifan walked away from him.

It took 2 seconds after Yifan left from the cafe for Minseok to cry loudly, almost collapsed if Chanyeol didn't catch him right away. The workers, including Luhan, and Baekhyun guy came closer to him. They didn't do anything. They didn't know what to do.

Minseok's unfixed heart was broken.

*---*

Here is the second chapter~!

I made Minseok became a crying mess and I'm sorryyyy T.T

I hope this chap helps a little about whom they lost (each other of course kkk), why Minseok almost cried in the last chapter (nicknames thingy), and a sliiiiiiiiight clue of what happened to them on the day they separated (Chanyeol's words) kkkk

Hope you enjoy thisss!

Please give me critics, questions, comments, or anything you are willing to give to me~!

Love me juseyoooo~~ ♥ ♥