Chapter Four

Like We Used To

Minseok walked into the condo for the first time after one and half year. His eyes wandered to every corners of the place. His eyes fell on the mini coffee table and sofa in front of him. He remembered how it felt to cuddle with Yifan on the sofa while their mugs of hot chocolate - courtesy of Minseok, of course - were on the coffee table. Minseok breathed deeply before exhaled softly. Yifan was too nervous to notice it.

"I- I will... Uhm... Make some hot chocolates for us," Yifan said softly, trying to get away from the silence. He wanted to hear Minseok's voice, even if it was only 'yes' or 'whatever'. Or he could just hum for Yifan. But no, Minseok just nodded slowly without looking at the tall man 2 feet behind him. Yifan could only take the disappointment and walked away to the kitchen, making some hot chocolates - thing he hadn't had for a long while.

Minseok wondered if Yifan had changed anything in the condo. He walked around slowly, analyzing every corners and places but he couldn't find any change. Yifan kept it the way Minseok saw it the last time. And it was really long time ago. He didn't know what to say. Or feel. His feet brought him to a hall Minseok wished he didn't see anymore. Their own Hall of Fame - or Hall of Love whatever you wanted you call it. He remembered how he and Yifan liked to buy picture frames and hung their photos and memorial things on each walls.

He went there and his defense was suddenly gone. He tried not to cry but he just couldn't. Nothing changed there. Each walls still had their photos, love letters, drawings they didn't even sure what they were - courtesy of Yifan -, even Yifan added some love letters Minseok made with tissues because he ran out of paper. They had been perfect, and still were perfect. He caressed the frames slowly, as if he added a bit more power, it would break. Just like his heart.

He didn't realize when it started but his cheeks were wet. He didn't even realize he was crying. Could he erase all of them? Could he see those things and not cry like this? He didn't know.

"Xi-Xiumin!"

Yifan's voice surprised Minseok and he quickly wiped his tears, hoping Yifan didn't realize that he was crying, when Yifan obviously knew it. The tall one came closer to Minseok and softly pulled him backwards a bit, pulling him into his embrace. Yifan closed his eyes while feeling Minseok's warmth, feeling the presence that he missed the most. For a few seconds Minseok couldn't register what happened until he felt Yifan's soft breath near his ear. He tried to struggle a bit but Yifan tighten his hug.

"Please, I'm begging you," Yifan said softly. "Let me feel you, even for a while. So I know I'm not dreaming," Yifan continued, and Minseok clearly caught the sadness from Yifan's voice. So he let him did what he wished.

Yifan slowly loosened his arms around Minseok's body and let go of the said man. He turned Minseok to face him. He took Minseok's slowly and pulled him to the sofa. He made Minseok sat and gave him his mug - he never threw it, it was Minseok's favorite mug - while smiling softly. The mug has 'XM' and a beautiful snowflake on it. Minseok just held it tightly and stared at the hot chocolate.

"So... How's the company?" Minseok asked softly without looking at Yifan.

"It's good," Yifan answered softly, staring at Minseok. Minseok nodded slowly and took a sip of hot chocolate that Yifan made. How he missed those beautiful morning of Yifan waking him up with his favorite mug containing his favorite hot chocolate - not so frequently since sometimes Yifan liked to wake up too late. There was long silence between them until Yifan spoke up. "You're not here just to ask me about that, are you?" He asked softly. He acted strong at the surface, but not all the way through. He was screaming inside his head for Minseok to say something about their relationship. Minseok nodded slowly after a few seconds.

"Why... Why did you do that? What was my mistake? Where was my mistake?"

Minseok's voice was cracked. Yifan knew that he was trying hard not to cry anymore. But deep inside, he knew how broken they both were. Yifan was asking for a chance, Minseok was asking for an explanation. But when Minseok gave him the chance, he couldn't say that. Because he knew he would hurt that fragile heart of Minseok again and he totally didn't want to say anything about that. It was funny how he regretted that he asked Minseok a chance to talk about things.

"Xiumin ah~" Yifan called out the name softly. "You may hate me for this. I know it was totally my mistake and I didn't know why I did that when I got myself a perfect person like you. And seriously after you ran out of my sight that night, I wished I didn't do that. I didn't even understand why I could do that."

Minseok shook his head slowly. "That's not what I want to know," Minseok said. His body started to shake softly. But of course Yifan eyes caught it and he felt terrible for making Minseok went through something he didn't deserve. "I want to know the reason."

Yifan felt like a lump was stuck on his throat, making him unable to say anything. It was as if every word Yifan wanted to say was stupidly gone once they reached his throat. How much he wanted to kill himself for being like this in front of Minseok. Wasn't he the one who asked for a chance to talk? Stupid Yifan.

"Why don't you say anything?" Minseok asked. His voice was waving. "Is it hard for me to tell the truth? Or was my question unclear? I... I could tell you what I mean, what I want to hear from you," He continued. He gripped the mug so tight making his small singers started to look white.

"I- I can't hurt you," Yifan answered. "I can't hurt you anymore..."

"It's funny how you said you didn't want to hurt me yet you make my heart so broken I couldn't fix it by myself," Minseok said, snorted lowly. His corner of lips curl upward a bit but it was a sad sign, since Yifan saw a tear rolled down to Minseok's cheek. "What should I do to make you understand that I only come here to hear what I missed that time? What should I do, Yifan?" He asked. But actually Minseok sounded like he was begging.

Yifan felt like an arrow pierced him right on his heart as Minseok turned his head to face him. Minseok's beautiful almond-shaped eyes were changed into sad dull pair of eyes. He lost his sparks. Minseok's beautiful face turned into a pale sick-like face. He looked so broken. And Yifan felt like the worst guy ever since he knew he was the reason behind it.

"Why did you throw me away? Why did you slap my face that night? Why did you do that?" Minseok asked. He took a deep breath before asking his question he had been keeping for one and half years.

"Why did you cheat on me?"

*---*

Hey guys~~! So this is the fourth chapter ^^

I'm sorry that this chapter is short and kinda boring and the sentences were repeated but I want this just about Minseok and Yifan ><

So you guys know why they broke up righttttt? Yesss! Yifan cheated, threw Minseok away, and slapped him! ><

Please don't kill me because I do this to our Mineokkieeee >< ><

Btw 30 subs and 4 upvotes? OMG GUYS THANK YOUUU! ♥ I LOVE YOU SO SO SO MUCH *throw hearts at everyone*

Please any critics, questions, comments, or anything you're willing to give to me :3 :3

Love me juseyoooo~ ♥ ♥