Chapter Three

Like We Used To

It had been a week since Yifan gave Minseok his number. The latter hadn't called or sent him any messages. He sighed heavily as he actually wished the latter would try to contact him. It was 11 p.m. and he found himself started to get a bit drunk. He was in a bar near the condo with Tao. He didn't say that he met Minseok. He didn't want to give that young man any hope.

"Ge, you should stop drinking," Tao said. "I can't bring your body to your condo since you're bigger than me," he continued. But Yifan just ignored him and kept drinking. He needed something to make him forget about Minseok, at least for a while. The bitterness of his alcohol beverages were nothing compared to what he felt inside.

*---*

"Minseok"

It had been a long time since I heard that voice. My mom. I didn't know what brought her to my small house. It was a house my parents bought for me a year ago, after I lived with Luhan for 6 months. I turned around and saw her beautiful sad smile towards me. I thought Luhan told her about me and Yifan. She knew Yifan and seriously liked him. Yifan was a nice guy and a loving partner. As she walked to me and sat on my bed, I pulled her into a hug and suddenly I was crying.

"It's okay, Minseokkie~" She said, trying to calm me. She brushed my hair softly with her fingers. I held her shirt tightly, wishing that it could lessen the pain. "You know that one day you'll meet him somehow, right?" She reminded me. I nodded.

Yes I knew that one day I would meet Yifan and of course we would have some things to talk about. But I never thought that it would be this fast. At least, it was fast for me who couldn't erase anything about us.

My mom pulled away softly and stared to my eyes. "He only wants to talk, right?" She asked softly while wiping my tears. I nodded slowly. She smiled and said, "Give him a chance to talk, Minseok. You don't know what he wants to talk about."

"He- He said he still lives in-" I couldn't say it was ours anymore. He threw me away from that place that day. "In the condo," I said sadly. My mom chuckled and I furrowed my eyebrows, a little bit surprised by her reaction.

"You wanted to say 'our condo', right?" She smiled softly and I felt my cheeks getting a bit hot and red. She ruffled softly my hair and said, "Call him"

I nodded and smiled at her.

*---*

"I'm sorry for the lost, Kris," Minseok said while comforting Yifan. Yifan was laying his body on Minseok's one while Minseok leaned to the seat very close to the door - they sat kinda diagonally. They managed to be comfortable in the backseats of Yifan's car. They both ran away from the reality, from the world. They liked to go to deserted places where they both could get relaxed. And that time, they were on a hill, staring at the stars that were twinkling and shining beautifully.

Yifan only nodded softly and he felt Minseok's kiss on his forehead. "I still have you, you're my precious one," Yifan said while tightening Minseok's arms around his body. He could hear the small guy's soft laughed. He might sound so cheesy, but it was what his heart saying. He could lose anyone, but just not Minseok. That small guy gave him some kind of magic in his live, making his live brighter and happier than ever. He was really glad to find him and to make him his own.

"Can you promise me something, Xiumin?" Yifan asked while closing his eyes. He heard a questioning hum and he breathed in deeply. "Can you promise me to never leave me even bad things happen to us?" He asked, still closing his eyes. He felt that his body was pushed softly by Minseok and he opened his eyes. He turned around to feel a pair of soft lips was locked to his.

He took it as a yes.

*---*

Yifan woke up in the morning with a massive headache. He didn't remember what happened the night before. He only remembered that he went to a bar near his condo with Tao. He might drink a little bit too much last night. He groaned a bit as he felt like a big hammer hit his head every time he moved. Maybe he didn't drink just a little bit too much. Maybe he was totally drunk the night before.

He pushed himself to take his phone that was on his night stand. He called a speed dial number 7, Yixing.

"Hello?"

"Yixing, I can't go to the office today. I'm not feeling well," Yifan said and groaned a bit. "And I think I can't attend any appointment or schedule today. Can you cancel them all and move them to another day?" Yifan asked while massaging his temple softly. Yixing responded him with a hum and ended the call, after wishing his boss to get well soon. Yifan threw his phone to the other side of the bed and just lay there, trying not to feel the headache too much.

When he was better, he got up and sat on the edge of the bed. He sighed. He didn't know how but half of his white cross necklace was out from the drawer of his night stand. It was a gift from his father as a birthday gift when he was fifteen. He cherished it a lot and showed it off to every possible people he could. He used to be a good kid.

But then after his father died, He couldn't even see that necklace anymore. He felt like seeing the figure of his father every time he saw the necklace. He felt as if the necklace was heavy and tight, really tight that he couldn't breathe properly anymore each time he wore that. Since then, he never wore that necklace anymore and put it there. The same place where he put his and Minseok's rings.

He scooted closer to the night stand and pulled out the drawer. There they were, beautifully laid on the drawer. He picked those rings and necklace and laid them on his bed. He smiled as he caressed them slowly. He realized how much he missed his father when he looked at the necklace again. But, he took those rings and looked at them like it was the first time he saw them. He couldn't believe he just put those rings there like that. They were too beautiful to be forgotten.

He didn't know how many times he saw those rings with pain on his eyes. With tears threatening to fall anytime. That was why he just put them in the drawer and tried to forget them. But not that day. He didn't even knew why but he slipped his ring on his ring finger while Minseok's one on his pinkie. He stared at them and smiled softly - and genuinely - at them. How long had it been since the last time he smiled like sincerely when he thought about their relationship?

And how long had it been since the last time he prayed? He didn't know. Maybe 10 months ago, or longer. He put on the necklace and while holding the cross, he closed his eyes and prayed.

It's been a long time since we talked, right Dad? You must be mad at me for not praying for a long time. I'm sorry and You know how messed up my life these months. I couldn't even keep myself in the good condition lately.

He sighed and continued.

But thank you, at least You made me met Minseok again. He is still the one that I adore. He still has those beautiful features on his face that I love the most.

He bit his lower lip before continuing.

But please give me a sign to tell me whether he could be back to me or no. Please, I'm begging You. I hope You listen to your lost child here. Amen.

He opened his eyes softly and felt his heart was lighter. He felt better than before. He stood up and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth and wash his face. When he was about to go to kitchen, he heard some soft knocking on the door. He glanced at the clock. 6.30. Who would come to his condo at this kind of time?

He walked lazily to the door while yawning. When he opened the door, he seriously didn't know what to feel. To feel stupid because of his messy condition. To be confused of the appearance of his guest. To be surprised because his prayer's answer came too fast. To be happy because-

"Can I come in?"

Minseok was right in front of him.

*---*

Hi everyoneeee~! This is the third chapter! ^^ 

Tell me, do I make it too slow? Or do I make it too fast? Omg I'm confused ><

The 3 paragraphs in italic are like flashback I hope I don't confuse you guys again *kicked* ><

Please any critics, questions, comments, or anything you're willing to give to me :3 :3

Love me juseyoooo~ ♥ ♥