Chapter Seven

Like We Used To

Minseok smiled at the man who came into the cafe. He was holding a soft brown map and looked a bit confused. But as he saw Minseok, he smiled back and walked to him.

"Good morning, have you picked your order?" Minseok asked while smiling. But the guy didn't say anything and that made Minseok confused. "Uhm, are you lost? Or do you need help?" He asked.

"I'm Sehun and I'm looking for a job," The guy said. "Is there any vacant job here?" He asked.

Minseok thought for a second.  "Ah, I think we have it but it's not a part-time job and you have to be interviewed by the owner. Is it okay?" Minseok asked. The guy - Sehun - nodded and with that Minseok smiled at him and asked him to sit anywhere he liked. Sehun nodded and Minseok went to Luhan's room.

"Lulu, someone is here to be interviewed," Minseok said while walking to Luhan's table. Luhan asked who the person was. "He said his name is Sehun," Minseok said. Luhan nodded a few times before asking if Minseok liked the first impression of the guy. "He looked kinda cold but when he smiled, he looked so warm," He answered.

Luhan smiled a little. A new guy might help Minseok to cheer up.

*---*

That Sehun guy passed Luhan's interview with a pleased smile from him. He would work together with Minseok as he was a full-time worker there, like Minseok.  Sehun said he could just start the work that day so there he was, with Minseok in front of the machine. 

"Have you ever done this before?" Minseok asked. Sehun shook his head and scratched his not-itchy head. Minseok smiled and started teaching Sehun how to operate and use the machine. "Do you understand now?" Minseok asked.

Sehun nodded a few times. With that, Minseok thought he shouldn't push the new guy too far by teaching him everything.  He asked Sehun to help him with serving. He thought it would be easier. 

"Why don't you go to school?" Sehun suddenly asked. Minseok raised his eyebrows in amusement. "I mean you cannot be older than me, right?" He continued. 

Minseok laughed at that. "Well despite my so-not-mature face," he said. "I'm much older than you, Sehun ah~" he continued and chuckled. Sehun looked surprised by that. "I'm 24 years old, Sehun ah~" He said.

Sehun was dumbfounded.

*---*

Tao couldn't find a word to say. It was like his throat was choked and his mind was clouded so that he couldn't think of how to respond to Yifan's words.

Minseok was back. Not really, but at least they knew where to find him. Tao didn't know what to feel. Shouldn't he feel happy? But why did he feel so worried?

Tao knew what happened before and he seriously thought it was Yifan's fault. And to think that Minseok would be back to Yifan was kinda impossible - almost 90% of his heart saying Minseok wouldn't come back to Yifan. But he knew how broken Yifan inside as Minseok left. Actually, Yifan wasn't the type who kept silent and distanced himself. He wasn't the type who wanted to be left alone. But since Minseok left, Yifan rarely hung out with friends he had, he rather stayed at the condo and just stared at nothing. Like seriously nothing.

But he didn't want to see Minseok cried again like the last time he saw the small guy. He wished Minseok was happy, with or without Yifan. He wished Minseok didn't cry himself to sleep. He wished he could see Minseok smiling so happily, even that meant he wasn't with Yifan. It might be hard for Yifan, but he was the one who made things like that. He couldn't even know what to do.

"Tao?"

He hummed softly. He couldn't see Yifan right on his eyes.

"Do you..." Yifan paused for a second. "Do you think I still deserve him?" He asked and stared right Tao's eyes.

Yifan's eyes were tired and he looked more worn-out. He looked like he didn't sleep for a few days. His mouth suddenly felt so dry and it was like his ability to speak was taken out of him. He could only wait for Tao's answer. He felt like he knew the answer, but was it wrong to hope for a different answer?

"I... I don't know, ge"

*---*

"I hope you guys will work together well," Minseok said after introducing Sehun to Jongin and Kyungsoo - the one who hit Jongin with rolled magazine that night. "He helped me a lot this morning, he's so helpful," Minseok said while patting Sehun's shoulder. The small guy went away straight to Luhan's room, leaving those three guys behind the displays.

"Welcome to Time Machine, Sehun," Jongin said while patting the man's shoulder. Sehun only nodded and smiled slightly. "I hope we could work together well like what Minseokkie hyung said," He said. Kyungsoo nodded a few times.

It was lunch time so they quickly got back to their work. Kyungsoo went to the kitchen while Jongin sent the foods and drinks to the costumer. Sehun was standing behind the cashier and served the costumers as good as he could.

Not long after that, a tall blonde man came and saw him. That man smiled at him, but he noticed that the man was disappointed. He didn't know the reason but he just noticed how the smile was given to him half hearted. The man got into the line and queued like all costumers. When it was his turn, he smiled again at Sehun and said his order. Black coffee and sandwich. Sehun nodded and typed them down on his keyboard.

"Where is Minseok?"

"Minseok hyung?" Sehun asked while staring at the man's eyes. The man nodded. "He's in owner's room," Sehun said. The blonde man nodded a few times and gave him the money, after saying his name to Sehun. While he was putting the money inside the cashier machine, he asked, "Do you know him?"

The blonde man then noticed something. "Are you new here?" He asked. Sehun nodded. The blonde man nodded and smiled, saying, "Yes, I know him. We know each other for a long time. By the way, can you give this to him later?"

Yifan pulled out a baby blue envelope and gave it to Sehun. "He will know it's from me. You don't have to tell him my name"

Sehun looked at him skeptically but nodded right away. He thought he shouldn't get into stranger's business. He put the envelope under the cashier machine and gave the blonde man the receipt and change. The blonde man took it, smiled at him, and went to the table at the corner.

Sehun gave Kyungsoo the new order and went back to the cashier. He didn't know why, but he noticed Jongin's face changed a bit when he saw the man he should send the order to. Like he didn't like the man. But maybe it was just his imagination. How could someone hate that man? He might look cold, but Sehun could see that the blonde guy was warm inside. And who could hate someone who still used letters to communicate to each other these days? If he was some kind of secret admirer, he might be a sweet and romantic one, right?

Not long after the man went away from Time Machine, Minseok went out from Luhan's room and went straight to Sehun. "How is it? Can you handle it?" Minseok asked while smiling. Sehun nodded softly. He wondered what Minseok's mom ate when she was having Minseok in her tummy. The small guy looked so fragile yet so strong, looked so gorgeous yet so manly. But he nodded quickly as the answer of Minseok's question. "Ah, you are really good at this, you know," He said.

Sehun just smiled, not knowing what to do to respond the small guy. But then he remembered something. He quickly pulled out the blue envelope and gave it to Minseok. "A blonde tall man came here just a few minutes ago and asked me to give this to you, hyung," Sehun said.

Minseok took the envelope. Sehun noticed how Minseok's face changed. He opened the envelope and pulled out a letter.

Sehun noticed how sad Minseok was.

*---*

Good afternoon, my sunshine

It's me, Kris, writing to you to remind you how much I love you

A few days ago I saw you looked so happy with that Chanyeol guy. You smiled so happily and you glowed like an angel should do

I love to see that smile is back again. But I hope it was for me. But I think I could only dream about it

I remembered how we used to go to deserted places to feel free and we would have each other forever. I dreamt about that these days and I was sure that it felt so real. But when I opened my eyes, you weren't there by my side

Can you forgive me? Can you give me a chance to fix everything? Can you love me again?

I'm waiting for you to come back here

The man who always love you,

Kris.

*---*

Hey guyssss~!

I'm back~! ㅋㅋㅋ

I think I failed my presentation *cry a river* omg I prepared a lot for that and BOOM! I failed it ㅠㅠ

Btw Tao knows now! And he's not even sure if Yifan deserve Minseok back or no. Even I became confused if Yifan deserves him or not *hunted by Yifan* ><

Btw I added Sehun so maybe he could protect our little angel! Yifan I'm sorry!! ><

I have so many assignments for next week but I'll try my best to update quickly ^ㅠ^

Give me comments, critics, advices, or anything you're willing to give to me~! Love me juseyoooo~~! ♥