Chapter Fourteen

Like We Used To

Yixing walked to Time Machine as it was his lunch time. Since Yifan told him that Minseok was working there, he wanted to see the small guy and hoped to talk to him. It was kinda crowded but he could still find a table for him near the displays.

Yixing got into the line and tried to figure what he wanted for his lunch. Should he just ask Minseok or anyone who was in charge of cashier later? Maybe that would be a good choice.

"Good afternoon," the cashier said. "Are you ready to order?" He asked nicely. Yixing then asked him to recommend some good menus to him. In the end he chose fried rice and tea since they were in the recommendation.

"Where is Minseok?" Yixing asked. The cashier looked at him skeptically but he just didn't care. "I think he works here, right?" He asked again. The cashier nodded.

"Minseok hyung is in boss' room," the cashier said.

"Can you just say, if I leave fast, to him that I'm here?" Yixing asked. The cashier nodded.

Even with him eating so slowly, Minseok didn't come out.

*---*

"Don't you think you are the one who can stop this all?" Luhan asked softly. Minseok shook his head slowly. He didn't know what to say. He was talking to Luhan how Chanyeol seemed to hate Yifan more than before. Chanyeol was like really hating the blond guy. "I don't know what's in your mind, Minseok, but we both know why Chanyeol is like that," Luhan said.

"Stop saying that again, Lu," Minseok said quickly. "It was a year ago, and he's with Baekhyun now."

"But it was the truth," Luhan said. "Yes, Chanyeol is sincere about caring about you. Yes, he protects everyone he loves with all of his might. And yes, Chanyeol is the best kind of best friends a person can have."

Minseok shut his lip tightly. 

"But no, no one could deny that he used to love you, even in your worst state."

Minseok closed his eyes. The memory flashed back on his mind.

*---*

Chanyeol ran fast to the hospital. He got a call when he was still in the university that his neighbor was brought there. He didn't want to think about anything. He just needed to see his neighbor. It was raining hard and thunders were glaring. His neighbor was scared of thunder.

"Minseok hyung!" Chanyeol shouted as he opened his neighbor's room door. He was kinda wet but he didn't care. He ran to the small guy and hugged him. He was still crying and it broke Chanyeol's heart.

"What's wrong, hyung?" Chanyeol asked softly. He was caressing his neighbor, Minseok, softly. "Are you feeling down again?" He asked.

"I don't even know what I'm feeling, Chanyeol ah," Minseok answered. "It hurts. It really hurts. I don't want to feel this anymore. It hurts. It kills."

Chanyeol's heart broke once again. He knew the cause. The same cause that made the little beautiful angel-like man cried and broken. He had seen the worst state of Minseok, and this actually was nothing compared that.

But he didn't want to see any of that kind of states of Minseok anymore. For him, it was more than enough. He didn't want to see Minseok crying anymore. For him, the man that hurt Minseok didn't deserve every single tear that Minseok cried. He didn't even understand why Minseok should be sad for leaving that man. Shouldn't he feel happy? Shouldn't he feel relieved?

"Hyung, don't say that," Chanyeol said. "You know I'll be with you anytime, right?" He continued. "And... please don't hurt yourself like this anymore, I'm begging you."

Chanyeol's voice sounded so sad. He was holding back his tears. He was trying so hard not to cry. He had to be strong in front of the small guy.

"It hurts so bad, Chanyeol ah," Minseok said. He was crying in Chanyeol's embrace. "I- I- I need to feel something more than that. To feel something that hurt me more than the pain I'm having in my heart. I-"

"Stop, hyung..."

Minseok's grip on Chanyeol's shirt was tightened. Chanyeol pulled away softly just to have them staring at each other. Minseok's eyes were soulless. Chanyeol didn't know why but he was sure about saying what he had in his mind.

"Hyung, I can erase all of those pains. I can make you feel loved again. I won't ever leave you. I can be the one who love you thoroughly. I will accept all your good and bad sides. You can count on me on everything."

Chanyeol gulped.

"I love you, Minseok hyung."

*---*

Chanyeol was in his university's park. He was waiting for Baekhyun to have lunch together. And Jongin said that they could join him and Kyungsoo for lunch, so it would be great of course.

Suddenly his phone vibrated, noticing him that someone sent him a message. It was Baekhyun, saying that Chanyeol could go first since Baekhyun didn't know when his additional class would end. And Chanyeol knew too well if Baekhyun had said about things, he meant it and would be angry if you didn't do it.

So Chanyeol went to the restaurant, meeting Jongin and Kyungsoo who had foods in front of them already. He sat in front of them and ordered his food.

"Where's Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo asked. "Didn't you say that Baekhyun would join too?" He continued.

"Stupid additional class," Chanyeol answered then sighed. He wished Baekhyun was there with him. But he couldn't be selfish, could he? He didn't even realize that he was pouting. Suddenly Jongin let out a chuckle.  Chanyeol looked at him, feeling confused.

"I remembered how you used to tail Minseok hyung everywhere," Jongin said. "You would come every day to Time Machine and asked, no, forced Minseok hyung to eat lunch with you. You used to be super over protective to Minseok hyung," he continued. "You even stayed at the hospital with him, right?"

Chanyeol smiled and nodded. Yes, he used to do those things. He used to be madly in love with Minseok. And even they never became a couple or anything, Chanyeol still protected him from anything that he thought might be harmful.

"I remembered seeing you slept in Minseok hyung's bed with him," Kyungsoo said. "You two looked really cute, seriously."

Chanyeol only smiled at that. 

"But Chanyeol, do you secretly still love him?" Jongin asked. "I mean, I don't know, you're really protective over him and make us wondering if you still love him or not. Like, when Yifan came back to Minseok hyung's life, you are like really wishing for Yifan to actually never come back."

Kyungsoo nodded the said, "even Luhan hyung sometimes asked me or Jongin about that. Because we still look that in your eyes. We still sometimes see love."

Chanyeol never really thought of it. He thought it was over since Minseok seemed to never forget or erase Yifan from his mind and heart. He played with his food, signing to his friends that he was lost in train of thoughts. He knew he was so attached to Minseok, to the point where he couldn't even pull himself away from Minseok nor thinking about not helping the small guy. He had Baekhyun. He was sure he loved that guy.

But... Had he really moved on from Minseok? He was asking about that to himself. He didn't know. He couldn't describe what he felt about Minseok after all the things happened. Had he really moved on? He now doubted himself.

"I don't know, guys," Chanyeol said after the waiter put his food on the table. "I can't answer that," He continued as the waiter left. "Since you talked like that, I doubt myself again. I don't even know what I have in my heart."

What Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, and Jongin didn't know was that Baekhyun was hiding behind the wall, listening from the very beginning about Chanyeol-Minseok relationship...

With tears running down on his cheeks.

*---*

Oh my god I'm sorry for taking too much time for updating this fic ><

I'm soooo busy with uni's assignments ㅠㅠ I even have 4 presentations next week and by that I mean everydayyyy ㅠㅠ

Soooooo you guys now know why Chanyeol is SUPER attached and protective towards Minseok. I don't even know why I wrote this, actually at first I want to make it as a forever secret. But I don't know, I think you guys need to know :/

H-11 to our super cute fluffy Minnie's birthday~~~ I'm thinking about writing about that, but still not sure since the assignments are killing me ㅠㅠ

BTW 101 SUBBIESSS?! OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU GUYSSSS! *group hugs and kisses*

Give me comments, questions, advices, or anything you are willing to give to me~ ^ㅠ^

Love me juseyooooooo~! ♥ ♥