Chapter Fifthteen

Like We Used To

Something must be wrong, or Minseok's head must be hit by something hard. Because he went to Yifan's company after such a long time. Of course some new employees didn't know him and just walked away just like that, but for the employees who worked there for years, it was a massive surprise. Especially for Jongdae who used to be so closed to him. He quickly left his desk after his friend told him that Minseok was in the cafeteria, looking like he was waiting for someone.

Jongdae quickly ran to cafeteria, bumping into about 2 or 3 people. But he didn't care about that. The important thing now was Minseok. He quickly searched for the older guy as he arrived at the cafeteria. And yes, there he was, sitting at the corner with white shirt and soft-brown color cardigan. Jongdae walked fast to that table and stopped right in front of Minseok.

"Hyung~!"

Minseok looked up and smiled. He asked Jongdae to sit in next to him and the younger did as he asked. They were talking like nothing happened. They mentioned things they did at the office building when they were bored. Minseok laughed sincerely and that made Jongdae felt relieved. At least he could make his favorite hyung smiled and laughed happily, Jongdae said in his mind.

"Uhm... Jongdae ah," Minseok stared at Jongdae. "When will Yifan finish the meeting? Hasn't it passed the finish time already?"

"You came here for him, not me?" Jongdae asked, pretending to be so hurtful about that. But a second after that they were laughing while Minseok hitting him playfully. "Okay, it will be finished as soon as possible. This new customer is kinda complicated since the company is really big."

Minseok just nodded. His heart actually beat fast since it was the second time he became the one who searched for Yifan. He actually didn't know what to say or do. He didn't even know why he asked for Yifan's time. Did he just want to feel what he used to feel once again? To see those smiles and sweet stares?

Suddenly someone held his shoulder firmly and kissed his cheek from behind. Jongdae and Minseok stopped laughing. Jongdae could only eye the one who held Minseok's shoulder. Yifan.

"Are you ready to go now?" Yifan asked while rubbing Minseok's neck with his thumb. The said main just nodded and stood up. Jongdae stood up too and excuse himself to go back to his desk before saying goodbye to Minseok. As Jongdae left, Yifan took Minseok's hand and brought him away from the cafeteria.

"Are they getting back together now?"

Yifan clearly heard one of the employees said that. He smiled as he heard that...

But his heart ached so badly.

*---*

"Hyung~!"

Minseok looked up and found Chanyeol in front of his bedroom, grinning so happily to him. The small guy quickly slipped the photo he had been staring for exactly 2 hours under his pillow. He smilled at Chanyeol and asked the tall man to get inside the room. Chanyeol walked to the bed and sat next to Minseok.

"What was that, hyung?" Chanyeol asked while eyeing Minseok's pillow. Minseok just shook his head and laughed, saying it was nothing. But Chanyeol wasn't stupid. He knew Minseok was hiding something from him. "Tell me, hyung~" He whined and shook Minseok's body playfully. Minseok only laughed but still didn't tell Chanyeol what that photo was. Finally Chanyeol stopped and pouted.

"Aigoo~ don't be mad, Yeollie~" Minseok said, pinching the man's cheeks playfully while giving him his best toothy smile. The taller couldn't resist the cuteness and just let Minseok hid the photo just like that. They were playing around and talked and laughed until suddenly Minseok forgot that he hid a photo under the pillow, because he took the pillow from its place and hugged it tight. Chanyeol saw what the photo was and took it quickly.

It was Minseok and Yifan's photo when they were still together. It was taken by Minseok because his right arm was lifted. Yifan had both of his arms around Minseok's body and his head on Minseok's shoulder. They both smiled happily to the camera. And didn't know why...

But Chanyeol's heart ached.

"You missed him, hyung," Chanyeol said. Minseok knew it wasn't a question, it was a statement.

"I don't know," Minseok said. "It's just that... I hope we both can stop this all," He paused for a second before continued his words, "But I can't see him in pain. It actually breaks my heart. And... And I think I haven't really moved on. Or it's just him who is successfully pulled the feelings back. I don't know Chanyeol ah." Minseok couldn't see Chanyeol's eyes and he didn't know why. He just couldn't.

Chanyeol stared at the photo then to Minseok and to the photo again before finally said, "Your heart knows what to do, hyung." Chanyeol took a deep breath before finally said, "Follow your heart."

Chanyeol's heart was aching, he didn't really know why, but he tried to hide it.

Minseok was confused. He didn't know what to do.

*---*

Minseok sat on the sand, watching as the waves came to the shore and vanished slowly. It was 3 p.m. already when Yifan and he arrived at the beach. It was something Yifan asked and Minseok just couldn't say no - at least not that time. And he didn't regret that he agreed to Yifan, because the beach was so beautiful and empty so it felt like it was his own.

He felt someone sat close next to him. He felt the heat radiating slowly from the man. He could smell the cologne the man wore. It was still the same. He closed his eyes as the wind blew softly to them. They hadn't talked about anything ever since they arrived at the beach. They both are just... feeling the existences of each other. That was enough, especially for Yifan.

Yifan stared at the small man next to him and smiled. He moved his hand up to put it on Minseok's right shoulder but he pulled away when he almost put the hand. He smiled bitterly and just placed his hand next to Minseok's left hand, didn't even brave to place his hand on Minseok's hand. He didn't want to scare Minseok away. For him, having Minseok to call him and ask for his time was the best thing he could get - at least for now. For him, it was a big progress from Minseok.

"Xiumin," Yifan called softly. He got a soft hum as the answer.

He was willing to be called as Xiumin, again. Yifan couldn't help but smile.

"Why did you ask for my time?"

Silence.

Yifan stared at Minseok, waiting for the answer. He started counting seconds.

1...

The wind blew softly, but Minseok didn't move even a bit.

2...

The wave hit Minseok's toes, and Minseok opened his eyes, taking a deep breath.

3...

Minseok turned his head and they both stared at each other deeply.

"Let's stop meeting each other for real. It would be the best for the both of us. Forget about us and all the memories. There are no us. It's you. It's me. I don't want to suffer from the longing and heartbreaks. And I don't want you to be in pain because of me"

*---*

Hi guysssss!

OMG I'm so sorry about this oh-so-late update but I have my reason! I just finished my mid term test and of course I had to study more so I wouldn't get bad scores or my mom would be like 'NO COMPUTER FOR YOU!'. I even stopped working because of this mid term test. And I hope you guys would be so understanding about this

Anddddddd... I don't know... plot twist? *bricked by everyone*

BTW even I didn't update it, I still got 113 subbies?! OMG YOU GUYS ARE JUST SO LOVEABLE ♥ *hug and kiss everyone of you*

Give me comments, questions, advices, or anything you are willing to give to me~ ^ㅠ^

Love me juseyooooooo~! ♥ ♥