Chapter Seventeen

Like We Used To

Minseok didn't come to Time Machine as he tried to avoid Sehun. He wasn't ready with the answer. He didn't know what to say to tell the truth. He knew he would hurt Sehun whether he said yes or no. Both of the answers would hurt Sehun because if he said no, of course Sehun would be so broken hearted. But if he said yes... If he said yes, then he would let Sehun to be in a relationship where Sehun's love was one-sided love.

He was busying himself to tidy up his wardrobe when he found a black box under a stack of clothes he used to wear a lot. He took the box and brought it to his bed. Should he open the box? The box contained all the memories he had with Yifan. All the things that could remind him of Yifan, he kept them there. And it had been a long time since he opened the box. With a sigh, he opened the box and those memories came back to his mind. He took all the things out and with every touch to them; he felt his heart sank deeper and deeper. His heart ached again and again. It felt like his heart was clenched by something hard. He almost lost his ability to breathe.

He didn't realize when it started, but the he realize that he cried. His cheeks were wet already by his unstoppable tears. His mind brought him back to the time he and Yifan was still a thing. And brought him to the moment Yifan came back to his life. His mind didn't miss to flash the efforts Yifan had to get him back into the taller's arms. But at last, his mind brought him back to that night - the night where Minseok left the condo. His heart hurt a lot and his heart hurt too, even worse. And Minseok realized that, even that night was really frightening, was really something that made him miserable, without Yifan, Minseok's life was... lonely and cold.

Even with unstoppable and warm love he got from Luhan, Sehun, Chanyeol, his family, Jongin, and Kyungsoo, he still felt cold. He was still lonely. No one could really replaced Yifan's position in his life. Even with Chanyeol's and Sehun's loves for him, his heart couldn't accept them lovers. And with bitter smile, Minseok realized that Yifan still owned his heart. Because after Minseok pushed Yifan away, he realized that he still craved for Yifan's touches - gentle and tender touches. Because after all those times crying and pretending that had moved on, he knew deep inside, right from the start, he would come back to Yifan in any second the taller came back to his life.

That was one of the reason he changed his number and moved away and never came to the places Yifan might go to search for him. Because he knew his heart was weak. Because he knew his heart knew nothing but Yifan. And after Yifan came back to his life, he wished his heart wasn't that weak. He wished his heart was stronger than that. He wished his heart could ignore Yifan's pleads and sweet words.

He knew he was supposed to hate Yifan for that night. He was supposed to hate Yifan for throwing away him and his love. He was supposed to hate Yifan because the man cheated on him. But, as stupid as it might sound, he couldn't.

He took his phone and called the tall man.

"Xiu- I mean, Minseok?"

Minseok laughed bitterly. "Isn't it Xiumin to you?"

He might not see it by himself, but he knew that Yifan was surprised. And Minseok was sure Yifan heard his sobbing. It was a long silence until, "yes it is. What's up, my beloved Xiumin? Why are you crying?"

"Do you remember where we used to get away from reality?" Minseok asked.

"The hill?"

"Meet me there at 8 p.m. and don't be late," Minseok said. He smiled to himself before he said, "I'll be there. And, no, it's not a joke."

*---*

Yifan still couldn't believe that Minseok had just called him 2 hours ago and asked him to meet him at the hill. He only had half and an hour before 8 p.m. If he could drive fast, he would be there 15 minutes before 8 p.m. He hoped Minseok changed his mind. He hoped the small guy would take him back. And this time, even he himself didn't know the reason, but he was sure Minseok would be back.

He even bought a bouquet of roses. Red roses. People said red roses meant true love. And he wanted Minseok to know that his love was real.

Yifan was sure that the light had turned to green so he quickly stepped on the gas pedal. But suddenly...

BAM!!

Loud crash was heard. The car was hit and pushed away, hitting the tree beside the road. The car's shape was ruined. The roses were scattered and ruined, but the color was still red, but in a different kind of red.

Because they were covered in Yifan's blood.

*---*

Minseok waited and waited patiently. It was 5 minutes to 9 p.m. and Yifan still hadn't arrived. Minseok sighed. He thought Yifan might think this was just another joke. Who would believe in him when he had told Yifan to go away from his life? Even he himself thought Yifan wouldn't come right after the phone call was over.

But something in his heart said that Yifan would come. His heart was screaming for Yifan. So his hand automatically pulled out his phone from his pocket and called Yifan.

"Hello?"

He heard the voice. It wasn't Yifan.

"Hello? I know it's rude, but where is Yifan?"

"Are you related to Wu Yifan?"

Okay, something was off about this. Who was that?

"Yes, but who is this? Where's Yifan? I need to talk to him now"

"Can you come here? Mr. Wu got a car accident"

*---*

Luhan was laughing with his employees as he took Minseok's place behind the cashier. The cafe was closed a bit faster than usual as he promised he would let those employees to taste his newest creation of cake. As usual, Jongin was playing and dancing with the mop and Kyungsoo hit his head for being ridiculous and they would chase each other. Sehun, Chanyeol, and the puffy-eye-because-he-had-just-cried-guy Baekhyun could only watched them in amusement.

Ah, yeah, Baekhyun had just cried. Chanyeol and he had just talked about their feelings - of course Chanyeol started it first - and he told the tall guy that he heard about him and Minseok. Baekhyun said that he loved Chanyeol but he couldn't be with the tall one if his still in love with Minseok. Chanyeol was in shock. He was panicked and told Baekhyun that he was fully moved on and Minseok was nothing but his beloved hyung. Chanyeol apologized to Baekhyun as he knew that Baekhyun actually didn't have to hear that. They were talking for a long time but in the end that night turned into their best night as Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun and said he loved him and Baekhyun declared that they were dating.

Suddenly Luhan's phone was ringing. It was Minseok.

"Hello, dear," he said in happy tone. "Have you reunited with the prince charming?" Luhan teased. But then he realized that Minseok was sobbing. Minseok's breathing was uneven. He sounded like he was running like a mad man. "Are you okay, Minseok-ah?"

Suddenly all eyes were turned to Luhan. They quickly gathered around Luhan and with that, Luhan quickly changed into loudspeaker mode.

"Yifan... I'm supposed to meet him at 8 p.m. at the hill-"

Minseok sounded so broken.

"-but he didn't come"

Luhan was sure Sehun muttered something like 'that bastard'.

"But when I called him, a man answered and said... said that... Yifan got into a car accident"

All people gasped. Even Sehun was shocked.

"Minseok, where are you?" Luhan asked quickly.

"I'm running... to... the hospital," Minseok answered and he tried to stop crying, but he failed miserably. "Can you come? I... I... don't know Luhan. I'm... I'm scared"

"I'll be there.  And I'll pick you up. Where are you Minseok?!"

"I'm... Just... Just meet me there"

With that, the phone call was off.

*---*

When Minseok arrived, many people had already been there. Luhan. Sehun. Jongin. Kyungsoo. Chanyeol. Baekhyun. And Tao. They stared at Minseok who looked like a tornado had just hit him on the way. His hair was a mess. His clothes were really untidy and looked like he had just run for hours - when yes, he indeed ran from the hill like a mad man while crying.

He took 2 small steps but turned into crazy run into Yifan's door - surgery door. But luckily Luhan quickly stood up and ran to Minseok to prevent him from going inside. Tao too quickly ran to Minseok and held him from behind.

"LET ME GO! LUHAN! TAO! LET. ME-"

"Calm yourself, ge"

"Stop being like this, Minseok"

"NO! YOU GUYS DON'T UNDERSTAND! LET ME GO! YIFAN!"

Minseok was struggling hard to get away from Luhan and Tao. But his body was weak from all the running. And one versus two was never fair.

"Yifan... You haven't heard what I want to say... Please..."

Luhan and Tao dragged Minseok to the nearest chair and sat him there. Luhan sat next to him and Minseok turned to him and cried hard in Luhan's embrace. Tao was trying hard not to cry as his favorite hyungs were ruined. One physically, one mentally.

Hours and hours had passed but the doctor hadn't come out. Minseok had stopped crying but his soft sobs were still heard. Luhan, and Sehun, caressed Minseok's head and back, trying to calm him down.

Suddenly the door was opened and the doctor came out. Minseok stood up quickly and ran to the doctor.

"How is Yifan?! How is the surgery?!"

"The surgery went well. Mr. Wu had passed the critical phase. He would be moved to ICU"

Minseok was a bit relieved.

"But..."

Minseok stared at the doctor's eyes. And he almost faint as the doctor continued.

"We don't know if Mr. Wu would ever wake up"

*---*

Hello guysss ♥

So yeah, I got this while I was showering and yeah, I want to let you guys know that NEXT CHAPTER IS THE LAST CHAPTER! *bricked*

But before, I want you guys to know that I'm glad to have readers like you all, because you guys really give me supports but subscribing, commenting, and even upvoting to this story. I hope we could meet again in my other stories if you like them ♥

And I still accepting suggestion for next fic tho, so keep suggesting guysss ♥

Give me comments, questions, advices, or anything you are willing to give to me~ ^ㅠ^

Love me juseyooooooo~! ♥ ♥