Chapter Eight

Like We Used To

Minseok was walking to the bus stop. It was a pleasant morning and he was hoping things were getting better, even he knew it was kinda impossible. He didn't even know what getting better meant. He found a bracelet Yifan gave him a few years ago on his drawer. He didn't know what happened to his heart, but his heart had the urge to make him wear the bracelet. And as his left wrist touched the bracelet, he couldn't lie that he felt so much better without even did anything nor knowing the reason behind it.

He just had to turn to left and walk a few meters to get into the bus stop, but someone pulled him backwards and held him inside his embrace. Yes his, because he knew who these arms belonged to. He knew these arms too well to be wrong about it. He didn't struggle, yet didn't respond, not even smile. He could feel the man's soft warm breathing on his neck.

"Good morning, sunshine," The man murmured into his neck, sending shiver to his spine.

"Good morning, Yifan," He answered softly.

He could feel the smile the man had on his face. The man slowly let go of him and turn him around. The first thing he saw was the man's smile. The smile he missed the most. But it was different. The man looked so worn-out and tired. He looked so stressed, but he tried to cover it by smiling at Minseok. Actually the small guy was hurt by seeing the man like this. He wished they both knew how to let go of each other, so no one would ever be hurt like this.

"Do you have time?" The man, Yifan, asked. "I want to spend this day with you," Yifan said, still smiling. Minseok caught a hope in Yifan's voice.

"I have to go to work," Minseok answered, trying to sound as cold as he could. He didn't want to give any hope, and he didn't want to get any empty hope. He felt his hands were gripped tightly by Yifan. He looked into Yifan's eyes. He regretted it a lot. Because he saw hope, love, and sorry. Because he then realized he missed this guy so much.

Because he knew he would say yes.

*---*

"Minseok said he wouldn't come today," Luhan said to the workers. Since it was Saturday, so Jongin and Kyungsoo worked full-time, while Sehun was a full-time worker in the first place. "He said he was picked up... by Yifan," Luhan whispered the last part. But he forgot that Chanyeol and Baekhyun was there too, having their breakfast together.

"What?!" Chanyeol suddenly shouted, gaining some stares from other costumers. Baekhyun quickly turned his head to them and apologized to the loud sound Chanyeol made. "What did the man want?!" Chanyeol asked, pissed. He totally disliked Yifan. He wished he could punch Yifan with all the power he had even just once. No, seriously. He really wanted to do it if he had the chance.

"I don't know, Minseok just said that he was accidentally picked up by Yifan," Luhan explained. Chanyeol sighed and pouted. He should have just asked the small older guy to pick up Baekhyun together so he wouldn't meet the devil Yifan. "Actually, Chanyeol, why do you hate Yifan that much?" Luhan asked.

All eyes were staring at Chanyeol, even Sehun who didn't know anything did. Chanyeol pouted then said, "It's his fault. He hurt Minseok hyung," Chanyeol said. Sehun was surprised to hear that. He was surprised enough to know that 'Kris' wasn't the real name, it was actually Wu Yifan. And now he was informed that the man hurt Minseok, it was a huge surprise. He didn't know Minseok well - he only knew him for a day - but he was totally sure that the man was a good man. How could someone hurt him?

"But somehow we should let Yifan and Minseok do whatever they want and let them choose," Luhan said. Chanyeol was ready to say something when Luhan interrupted him with, "Whether we like it or not." Chanyeol pouted.

"But I think Luhan hyung is right. I mean, what if that Yifan guy has changed?" Kyungsoo said. "We didn't know what happened to him after the event," He continued. "He could be regretting it all and want to fix all the things, right?"

Chanyeol couldn't say that Kyungsoo was wrong.

*---*

"Shouldn't you work?" Minseok asked. Yifan shook his head.

"I asked for a free day," Yifan said and smiled. "So I want to spend it with you," He continued.

"What if I declined this?" Minseok asked.

Yifan thought for a second before smiling and said, "I would stay at Time Machine all day so I would be near to you proximately."

Yifan's grip on Minseok's hand was a bit tightened. He walked straight to the place they both hadn't gone to for a long time. Minseok couldn't help but to smile a little. It was just a slight smile, almost invisible. But it was there. Yifan didn't change, he was still the same stupid dorky Yifan Minseok knew. But the smile was vanished quickly as the event suddenly flashed on his mind. He accidentally pulled his hand slightly, but Yifan quickly gripped tighter so he didn't lose Minseok's hand.

Yifan stopped right when they both arrived at the place. It was a hill they liked to go together when they still dated each other. It was the place where they declared their love. It was the place where their love story started.

But what caught Minseok's eyes was that there was a picnic carpet on the grass, under the tree. On the carpet, there was a picnic basket. Minseok was confused, but he didn't say anything. Yifan brought him to the picnic carpet and asked him to sit down.

"What is this?" Minseok asked softly. He couldn't register what happened that time. But no words were said by Yifan. He only smiled and sat next to Minseok. He took the picnic basket and pulled out some foods - most of them were Minseok's favorites. "Yifan ah..."

"What do you want to eat first?" Yifan asked while smiling. "I even buy some macaroons. Since you love sweet things, I thought you would like them," He continued while pulling a box of macaroons. "I even have this strawberry milk!" He said while shaking lightly the small glass bottle near his smiling face.

"Yifan..." Minseok stopped everything Yifan was doing. He stared at the man.  "What's going on?"

There was a long silence, before Yifan looked away and smiled sadly.

"Can we... pretend?" Yifan asked softly. He couldn't look at Minseok at all. His grip to the bottle of strawberry milk was really strong - Minseok thought Yifan could break it anytime. "Can you... act like we were still dating? Can you- ah what I'm talking about. Forget it."

"Yifan..."

"No it's okay," Yifan said. "That you are willing to spend your time with me, I feel so special," Yifan said, smiling sadly. "Let me finish my plan. Just for today I promise," he continued.  "You don't have to do anything, I'll treat you right, to make you feel my love."

Minseok's ability of speaking was vanished all of sudden. He didn't know what to do.  He felt so sick.  Should he be happy? Should he accept the pretending thingy? Wouldn't it hurt them? What should he do?

"I'll do it, Yifan"

*---*

"Chanyeol hyung, can you sit down or something?"

The said guy sighed and sat next to Sehun. He fidgeted his fingers, showing that he was impatient. They were at Chanyeol's house, waiting for Minseok to go home.

Sehun just smiled and patted Chanyeol's shoulder. No one noticed Baekhyun's slightly sad stare at the action. He wished it was him who did that. He hoped he was fast enough to do that before Sehun.

"He's with Yifan," Chanyeol said. "We all know we can't believe him," he continued.

Right after that, sound of car was heard and the car was stopped in front of Minseok's house. Chanyeol was ready to run out to the car but Sehun held him. He said it was better to be him who went out, because no one wanted to see Chanyeol and Yifan guy in a fight. Minseok would be really mad.

As Sehun went out, he heard Minseok's and Yifan's conversation.

"So here is your house," Yifan said. "Thank you for pretending," Yifan said softly, smiling. "Did you like it?" Hr asked. Minseok just nodded softly without saying anything. "I love you."

Minseok didn't say anything for a few seconds and for Sehun, it was the right time to get there. He walked to Minseok and stared straight to Yifan.

"Hello," Yifan called. Sehun only nodded as the reply. Yifan smiled at him and turned to Minseok. "Thank you for doing all the things... like we used to."

He kissed Minseok's cheek softly. He went to his car after he ruffled Minseok's hair softly and said goodbye.  He went away with a smile. But he thought it was enough. He was glad he could spend the day with Minseok.

Minseok was frozen. He couldn't register anything. But his tears were threatening to fall from his eyes. He then felt Sehun's warm embrace around his body.

"You shouldn't hold back," Sehun said. "Cry all you want," he continued while Minseok's back.

And with that, Minseok cried in Sehun's embrace.

*---*

Omo! What happened to this fic?

Seems like everyone hated Yifan >< ><

Even some people wish for xiuhun or xiuyeol! And even xiuchen omg! LOL

Did I make Yifan too bad? And do you guys really don't want them to be together ever again? Omo omoooo >< ><

Btw Junmyeon comes in next chap! ㅋㅋㅋ

Give me comments, questions, advices, or anything you are willing to give to me~ ^ㅠ^

Love me juseyooooooo~!