Chapter Eighteen

Like We Used To

May 4th, 2014.

A week after Yifan's accident. He still didn't give any sign of waking up. The heart beat softly but steady. But still, no sign of waking up. But Minseok came every day, taking care of Yifan. He told Yifan everything that happened at Time Machine. Yifan's mom finally knew and flight back to Korea from Canada. She cried a lot, but still hoped that one day his son would wake up. Soon, Minseok said to her with a weak smile.

And, Minseok turned off Sehun's confession.

May 29th, 2014.

Still no sign of Yifan to wake up. Because Minseok had to work, sometimes Tao would replace Minseok for a few hours before Minseok came back to the hospital. Sometimes visitors - Luhan, Tao, Sehun, and Chanyeol - caught Minseok crying softly while praying. Jongdae and Yixing sometimes visited too after work, bringing some food for Minseok and flowers and prayers for Yifan. Jongdae caressed Minseok's back sometimes because he knew Minseok too needed support.

Because waiting someone whose comeback was still unclear... was hard.

June 15th, 2014

More than a month after the accident but still no progression. And to be truthful, it became worse. Because some nights Yifan's heartbeats became unsteady for unknown reason. Minseok almost faint the first time it happened. He was scared that he would really lost Yifan. They both grew weary, Minseok almost lost his mind. The other visitors started to reduce visits because they weren't too close to Yifan. The frequent visitors were of course Minseok, Luhan, Tao, and Yixing.

And Junmyeon came that day. The first thing he did after he arrived at the room was giving Minseok the warmest smile and hug he could ever give to anyone. Minseok accepted it. He tried hard not to cry in front of Junmyeon, but failed miserably. Junmyeon calmly tried to calm Minseok down. He let Minseok blabbered all he wanted. He only hoped that he could help Minseok more, but that time, he was sure that was the only thing Minseok needed.

Support.

August 4th, 2014

3 months and a week after the accident. Somehow Yifan's heartbeats became a bit weaker. Minseok tried to act tough, saying to other and himself that it was normal and Yifan would surely wake up. He smiled to every visitor; even they knew how fake Minseok's smile was. But they couldn't say anything, they didn't want to break Minseok's facade. No one was brave enough to ask Minseok to stop pretending to be so tough and it was okay to tell them. But no, Minseok made up his mind that, if he wanted Yifan to wake up, he had to go through that with brave and strong heart. No more tears.

August 25th, 2014.

The doctor finally told Minseok the truth. Because of the accident, Yifan's heart actually couldn't work properly and it made Yifan's heartbeat slowly weaker and weaker. Minseok was mad, no, scratch that, Minseok was furious. He yelled at the doctor and cursed and almost threw all the things on the doctor's table if it wasn't Luhan and Sehun who held him and brought Minseok back to Yifan's room. Half of the way there, Minseok lost his consciousness. Sehun without a word just put Minseok on his back and brought him back to Yifan's room. Luhan saw the pain in Sehun's eyes. Sehun was still in love.

Luhan just followed the younger and helped him to open the door and stuff. Sehun put Minseok on the sofa and sat next to him. He sighed and covered his stressful face with his palms. Luhan gave him soft pats on his shoulder and a knowing smile. Sehun replied it with weak smile and covered his face again with his palms.

September 30th, 2014

Yifan got weaker each day. Minseok grew wearier but he didn't stop believing that one day Yifan would open his eyes. Yifan looked paler and paler day by day. He became thinner too. But Minseok never stopped believing that Yifan would eventually wake up. Because, it wasn't a reality if it hadn't had lovely ending... Right?

Actually Minseok started losing his hope. He let the doctor put some machine to help Yifan's heart to breathe properly. He hated how the machine beeped every now and then but he knew that machine would help Yifan to stay alive. And then maybe, just maybe, Yifan would open his eyes, smiled at him, and they could be together again.

Eventually.

October 25th, 2014

"If we don't find any transplantation for Mr. Wu, then I'm sorry but I have to take away the entire machine. His heart is too weak and we seriously need the transplantation as fast as we can, or... I'm sorry Minseok-ssi, but you have to prepare your goodbye."

Minseok broke down. Tao cried a lot. Luhan shed a tear. The others were very worried.

Sehun was stunned.

November 1st, 2014

The hospital said that they got a heart transplantation the night. So that day, the surgery was held. Minseok was feeling so nervous. It was only 50:50 chances for Yifan. But Minseok never stopped his prayer. He prayed again and again for the surgery to be well done. All people who he was closed to came that day to the hospital. His mom. Luhan. Chanyeol. Baekhyun. Tao. Jongin. Kyungsoo. Yixing. Jongdae. Even Junmyeon. And even Yifan's mom called and said that it was a shame for her to not come when his one and only son was in a surgery. But Minseok knew better. Yifan's mom had to run the company as Yifan's substitute.

He noticed someone didn't come. But the said man had told him that he went out of town.

October 31st, 2015

The sun was just starting to rise as Minseok arrived there. He bought a bouquet of white Lilies as people said it meant purity. He walked slowly to the grave he knew the most. His weak smile was plastered there as he arrived right in front of the grave. Exactly one year after that happened. Minseok squatted next to the grave and placed the bouquet on top of it. Minseok caressed the gravestone softly, tracing the name on top of it with a bitter smile. He didn't know why the man should be like that. But at last he understand.

"Good morning. Do you still remember me? I can't forget about you. How does it feel to be up there? Is it fun?"

Minseok sounded so sad. Oh how much he missed the man. He kissed gravestone softly and right after that the tears were flowing down to his cheeks.

"I'm good here if you want to know. Jongin and Kyungsoo have been official since 3 months ago. They treated us pizza and stuffs. You should be there too, you know. We all miss you. So much."

He smiled sadly, staring at the grave that looked pretty with his bouquet of Lilies.

"You shouldn't do that, you know? You... You don't have... to sacrifice yourself... for me"

Minseok couldn't hold it anymore. When he knew the facts, he couldn't stop blaming himself for everything that happened. He didn't ask for someone's death. He was crying hard, he just couldn't control it anymore.

Suddenly he felt someone back-hugged him tightly. He didn't need to look behind to know who that was. He recognized his body perfectly.

"He's happy up there, Minseok-ah. Because he lives in my body. He loves you with my body"

Minseok cried harder after he heard that. No jealousy. So sincere. The man behind him knew how the man who was dead loved Minseok so much. They both loved the same person a lot. The man gripped the gravestone and smiled sincerely.

"Sehun-ah. I know that, until your last breath, you still hated me with passion because I ever hurt Minseok, the one we love the most. But trust me; I will never do that again. You can be sure about it. If I ever hurt Minseok again, you can come to me and slap me if you want. And thank you, for giving me a chance to live again, to show how much I love Minseok. To be with him once again"

Kris didn't realize it but when he touched his cheeks, they were wet already. He chuckled.

"I'm sorry for going so emotional like this. But seriously Sehun, thank you. Thank you. Thank you for giving this bastard you heart so he can love Minseok once again. And with every breath that I take, you live in here to, in my body, to love Minseok"

*---*

"Hello, this is Oh Sehun. I want to inform that someone is trying to kill himself. You have to come quickly"

"Okay Sehun-ssi. Where is the position? We will be there as soon as possible"

"It's in apartment near Wu's company. It's in room 252"

"What's his name?"

"It's Oh Sehun. Be here fast"

*---*

"Please bring my heart to Seoul Hospital. Inform Doctor Lee that someone has a heart for a patient named as Wu Yifan. Please don't let the patient or the relatives of him knows about my name before the surgery finishes and Wu Yifan is recovered. Please be fast. This is very important."

*---*

Hello Minseok hyung,

If you read this letter, then I'm not in this world anymore

No, you don't have to cry and I don't allow you to cry because I hate it when you cry

You look so broken every time you cry, you know

So, no, don't cry, especially because of this

Because, I'm leaving for good

I give my heart to Yifan, because I know he's the one who owns your heart

Even I don't understand why you still love him after all that happened to you two

But I think, that's love, isn't it?

Love is blind, full of stupidity, but it's so sincere

Like my love to you

Even after you turned off my confession, I'm okay, hyung

I only want you to be happy

And I know you will be happy... If you're with Yifan

But, read this

Even I can't hold you anymore when you need me

Even I can't see and make you smile anymore

Even I can't even be in the same world with you anymore

My heart beats for you everyday

Even if it beats in Yifan's body

 

The one who loves you,

Oh Sehun

*---*

Yes guys, it's finished.....

OMG WHAT DID I DO?! OMG SEHUN, DON'T HATE MEEEEE *bricked by every single reader*

Seriously guys don't hate me T^T I have this ending right when I got the inspiration for chapter seventeen. So yeah.... SERIOUSLY I LOVE SEHUN TOO BUT BUT BUT...... *dies*

And If you guys are confused, the first italic is a flashback of what happened to Sehun (what he did, actually) before he suicided. The second italic is what was written in paper near Sehun's lifeless body, and yes, he wrote that before he suicided. And the last is, obviously, Sehun's letter to Minseok

Buttttttt

I have good news too. Since you people seem like liking xiuhun, so I present this, my newest fic of xiuhun

Let Me Take the Pain Away

I hope you would like this story too ♥

And last but not least, thank you. Thank you for appreciating this fic. Thank you for reading this fic. Thank you for commenting to this fic. Thank you for subscribing to this fic. Thank you for loving this fic. You guys just didn't know how good it felt when I read your comments. I really love how you guys gave me long blabbering comments about my fic. I also love the ones that were short because it meant they appreciated this fic - maybe they were not so good at finding words for comments. But seriously, thank you for patiently wait to this fic to be updated. Thank you for keeping up with this fic and this bastard author.

I LOVE YOU GUYS ALL ♥

See you guys in my next fic ♥