The Sacrifices

The Beauty is Mine!

Baekhyun’s POV

Right now, I really can’t think straightly. I feel lost. I don’t know what am I doing here? Everything seems not worth it. After jiyeon refused to hear my explanation in the hospital this evening, I feel like my world is so dark. I walk alone this unfamiliar world. I’ve learn a lot about this world since I was about to become royal vampire. Although people in this world don’t have power like we do, they still can live by using their genius brain. I can’t observe more, because they day after tomorrow, I will have to go back to exoland and probably never return here, forever.

Without realizing, I had walked until I arrived in front of jiyeon’s house. In this dark night, I can see the light from jiyeon’s room, showing that she’s in there. I close my eyes, trying to focus to fly. But as expected, it doesn’t come out. I’ve spent my last remaining power when I was helping jiyeon running from joon, the time when I fly to the rooftop. That was the last…

I can’t do anything instead of just staring at her room, hoping that I can see her for the last time before I gone. I really wanna give the last try and explain to her everything, but how? I keep staring at her room when suddenly, someone is opening the window, and I saw jiyeon is looking at me. Am I dreaming? What makes her open the door? Within a minute, I saw jiyeon came out from the front door and walk towards me. This is the time, I will tell her everything. I saw jiyeon is walking straightly towards me, and I am getting ready when she finally stop right in front of me, facing me.

“I’m sorry baekhyun. Give me some more times to think about us. Until then, I think, I don’t wanna see you. I need some rest. Give me more times. Now go, you might catch a cold.” Jiyeon said before I can say anything.

After that, without even turning back, she walks back into her house and shut the door just like that. I sigh, and there’s nothing I can do instead of smiling. I can give you more times jiyeon, more than you need. There’s nothing more I can say because probably this is the end of us. I don’t worry about catching a cold, because it is already cold, inside. I walk away and then I remember everything I did just to get here.

 

 

*Flashback*

I sit on the roof of our mansion, like always when kris suddenly appear next to me. Yes, he loves to make surprise like that. They had told me about jiyeon left back to the real world because her place is not here. I am sad, because I can’t see her before she went away. And they told me jiyeon is the one who saved me by using the magical water in the secret garden. Thank jiyeon, for saving me.

“Still thinking about jiyeon?” Kris asked.

“What would you do if my answer is yes? Blocked me?” I answered.

“Nothing much I can do. But don’t forget you are forbidden to have any relationship with any girls baekhyun.” Kris told me.

“No need to remind me for so many times. I acknowledge it.” I replied coldly.

“Do you really love jiyeon?” He asked me again.

“Why did you keep asking me that question? You don’t help me you know.” I replied angrily.

 “I’m trying to help right now. Answer my question first.” He said. I never saw kris being this nice actually.

“I do love her.” I finally answered the question.

“There’s a way, you can be with her.” He said and it manage to gain my attention.

“How?” I asked quite excited.

“But will you able to follow the condition and all the possibilities that might happen?” He asked again.

“I will do anything just to get jiyeon back.” I answered confidently.

“Then follow me.” Kris said and he jumped back into to mansion followed by me.

 

I walk to the living room where I saw krystal and chanyeol is there. What are they doing together there? Why did they look like a… lover? I asked myself. I think I saw them holding hands just now. Ah forget about them. Focus on yourself right now. Then I saw kris eyeing both chanyeol and krystal and they quickly get up from the couch and follow us outside.

“We’re going to see the mountain witch right now. Prepare yourself.” Kris ordered.

So what with the mountain witch? Will she help me regarding jiyeon? I hope so. After about two hours journey we finally arrived to a cave on the top of the mountain where I believe the mountain witch is living at. I followed kris that has entered the cave and the cave actually shockingly nice. This mountain witch really have a nice taste. Finally we arrived to the middle of the cave where I saw a and old woman with a long white hair, is waiting for us. But surprisingly she has a very motherly smile and she looks friendly.

I saw kris talk something with her and she then smiling at me before signaling me to walk towards her. Without hesitating, I walk towards her and sit in front of her.

“Are you sure you’re going to get her from the real world? You know royal vampire are forbidden and have been cursed from having any special relationship?” She asked me and I nod.

“Okay then. But the condition is hard. You have to sacrifice yourself, including your power, your ability, and your own life. Because you got them all from being the royal vampire.” She said.

“What do you mean sacrifice?” I asked her.

“I give you 21 days. During these days, you will go to the real world and convince her to be with you. But I will take your power and ability as the royal vampire. You will still have the remaining vampire’s power but it’s just a little. But if you fail, after 21 days I will take you back here but your life is at risk because you have failed and there’s nothing more you can do. I’m not the one who will take your life, it’s the fate and destiny because you’ve refused to follow both your fate and destiny as the royal vampire.” She explained.

“What if I succeed?” I asked her.

“Then that’s my reward to you. You can have her and your personal ability as the vampire, but you won’t be the royal vampire anymore.” She explained again.

“Baek, are you sure about this? You wanna leave the mansion and quit as the royal vampire?” Chanyeol asked me.

“Since the two moons had gone, I don’t need my power anymore. I just need jiyeon. And chanyeol, I beg you, please don’t be my rival anymore. Leave her to me.” I begged to him.

“Don’t worry baekhyun. I have krystal now. I realized jiyeon like you, so it’s useless if I keep chasing for her. But we will help you to get her.” Chanyeol said.

“Yes. We will follow you to the real world and we will lose our power during that 21 days and will only get it after we come back. We’ll help you to get her okay!” Krystal said.

This is the first time I feel like I was on the same side with krystal, because we never get along before. I look at the mountain witch, and I nod, showing that I agree with all the conditions.

 

*end of flashback*

 

I sit on the bench after I recalled all the sacrifices I made just to get here and be with jiyeon, but everything is useless now. I don’t see any future life. Suddenly I heard footsteps and when I lift up my head, I saw krystal and chanyeol are standing in front of me. Both are looking at me meaningfully. I saw tears in krystal’s eyes, and sadness in chanyeol’s eyes. I give them a smile, trying to show them that I’m okay. But I failed, I know. Krystal walks towards me and sit right next to me. Tears are still flowing down her cheeks.

“Baek… are you okay? You look so pale right now. And your hair, the color become darker.” She said while holding my back.

“I’m okay. Don’t worry.” I replied and show them a bitter smile.

“Baekhyun. We are so sorry. We told you we will help, but in the end… we didn’t do anything.” Chanyeol said with a very regretful face.

“No guys. You had helped me a lot. It was just me… Now let’s go home. I need to rest.” I told them.

Both helped me to get up, makes me feel like being so old. I’m still you though. We walked together in the dark night while looking at the sky, because we’ll leave soon. And we might don’t have the chance to look at this sky anymore, especially me.

 

 

 

Jiyeon’s POV

I walk into the class where I saw chanyeol is with krystal at their place, and when I look at my baekhyun’s place… He’s not there, instead, it is joon, the one who is sitting at baekhyun’s place. I don’t have any other choice instead of just go and sit at my place, next to joon. I saw joon is smiling at me and I smile back.

“Jiyeon ahh. You don’t have to force a smile for me anymore. I’m okay.” He suddenly said.

“What do you mean joon?” I asked him.

“Actually, I knew about you don’t love me from the first time I confessed, but I ignored it because I thought you will fall for me at last, but I think your heart is not for me. Our relationship doesn’t work right?” He said calmly.

“I’m sorry joon.” I apologize.

“No no. it’s okay. I’ve prepare for this. Thanks for everything. I really have a good time with you all this time. Please be happy. Bye jiyeon.” Joon said before he moves back to his place, leaving me alone.

I look at krystal and chanyeol that are whispering to each other. Sometimes they make me confuse because they somehow look like a couple. Are they? Then I look at baekhyun’s place, is he not coming? Even his bag is not here. I look at chanyeol and krystal.

“Guys, where’s baekhyun?” I asked them.

“Oh, he’s not coming.” Krystal replied.

“Why?” I asked again.

“Because… he overslept. Yes.” He replied while smiling awkwardly.

Why are they being like that? Are they hiding something from me? Not long after that, I saw the teacher walk into the class, and that’s how my day passed just like that, without baekhyun, or even joon.

 


Hey guys! I saw some of you are so eager to read the next chapter so I finished this as fast as i can.

So updated again ^^ But baekkie is in trouble right now because jiyeon doesn't want to hear his explanation. 

What will happen?

Subscribe and comment guys >.<