Chapter IX – Happy Mood

Beneath The Tale Of Gemstone

Chapter IX – Happy Mood

She swirls her pen among her fingers, not bothered to listen what the lecturer was talking about in front of her. Just like her icy cold personality, everything seems to bore her a lot.

 

This is bored. She thought to herself before lowering her head on the desk. She looks at the class clock and realized there’s only 25 minutes left till class ends.

 

Little did she knows, someone was looking at her through the class window.

 

A smile was seen on that person’s face. She really enjoys sleeping a lot, huh?

 

Sooyoung passed by Jessica’s class as her class finished first. It was a little coincidence and may I say ‘fate’, that made Sooyoung passed by.

 

“Hey, aren’t you leaving yet?” A classmate of Sooyoung asked when they bumped into her.

 

“It’s alright; you guys should take your leave first. I’m waiting for someone.” She explains before they nod to her and left.

 

After her classmates have left, she leans on the railing of the walkway while holding her books and her bag pack on her shoulder. She looks into the classroom and sees the sunlight shines directly on Jessica’s back.

 

She was shocked but she couldn’t do anything. No way she will run in and disturbed the whole class. She just stands there and looks at her watch, ’19 minutes to go’. It was lucky that the class will end soon.

 

Talking about the Ice Princess, there she is being melt down by the sunrays. It was quite amazing she didn’t wake up by it. She smiles at that thought and turns around to look the other way to spend her time.

 

“Hey, Soo. What are you doing here?” Upon hearing Yuri’s voice approaching her, she turns around.

 

“Oh, hey. I was just waiting for Jessica unnie.” Sooyoung explains.

 

“Oh… It’s quite weird how you’re waiting for her. Not many dare to do that. Hell, not even me.” Yuri says in terrifies.

 

“Haha, that’s ‘cause you always pull pranks on her.” Sooyoung jokingly says.

 

“Yah!” Yuri slaps Sooyoung so she would shut up, “Continue your ‘waiting’ then, I should get going now. Bye.” Yuri then walks away after bids Sooyoung good bye.

 

Sooyoung once again back to her silent waiting. Sometimes, she would play with her face muscles to pull some silly faces and she would laugh by herself. Luckily there wasn’t any people walking by, or else they would think her as a psycho.

 

Finally, the teacher ends the class. As Sooyoung looked at the students that came out, none of them was Jessica. Sooyoung just smiles at them as they greeted her when they came out.

 

“Hey, what are you doing here? You’re new here, right? Wanna hang out?” A student asked her when she passed by.

 

Sooyoung just smiles while denies, “It’s okay, senior. I’m waiting for Jessica.”

 

“W-what? You’re waiting for that Ice Demon, who never talks to anyone and send glares if they do? You’re one brave kid.” She says in amazed.

 

“I, who am different from anyone of you, don’t think she’s anywhere close to a demon. I just have too much to learn about her.”

 

The girl then bids her good bye before wishing her good luck. Sooyoung has one eye brow up, Wonder what’s up with her?

 

Jessica still hasn’t wake although few minutes passed. Sooyoung looks at her time thinking that she still has time so she walks into the room.

 

She takes a chair nearby and sits in front of Jessica, knowing standing while waiting for her will be really tired.

 

Suddenly, Sooyoung’s stomach growls. In shocked, she quickly wraps her arms around her stomach, wishing it didn’t wake Jessica up. But actually, it was a way to wake Jessica up since she was hungry and needs food.

 

Jessica suddenly moves a little and lifts her head up with her eyes still closing. She then rubs her eyes, still didn’t notice Sooyoung’s presence. As she opens her eyes in a blank state, she sees Sooyoung looking at her.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jessica unexpectedly didn’t freak out when she saw Sooyoung.

 

How many people have to ask me the same question over and over again? Sooyoung thought in frustration, “I was thinking of leaving the school with you.”

 

“How long have you waited?” Jessica asked.

 

“Since the second you sleep.”

 

“Wow, you waited for quite a long time.” They’re now having a small conversation while Jessica leans back on her chair.

 

“Yes, and Miss Princess, I’m hungry. Can we go have some food, unnie?” Sooyoung asked in a soft voice, afraid that Jessica might not tag along.

 

“Sure, let’s go.” Sooyoung smiles at that response. It was all because she can have food now.

 

“You know, unnie, they had been calling you cold and icy personality.” Sooyoung says as they walk out of the school and heading to a nearby stall.

 

“I’ve heard. But…” She turns to look at Sooyoung with a question face, “Why do you still wait for me and invite me along to get some food for your dragon tummy?” Along the walk, Sooyoung’s stomach has been growling a lot.

 

“Simple. Because I know you aren’t that kind of person. To say the truth, I wasn’t a person with good socializing skills either.” Sooyoung kicks the little pebbles in her way.

 

“Based on your looks, you look like a person with great social skills. What are you talking about?” Jessica looks at Sooyoung’s face again to make sure.

 

“I get a lot more awkward with new people.”

 

“And why aren’t you like that with me?”

 

“I guess there’s a part in me that wants to learn more about you, and that’s the truth.” Sooyoung said. Suddenly, there’s a twitch in her heart.

 

“What’s that?” Sooyoung stops and accidentally blurts out her thought.

 

“Huh?” Jessica looks back to Sooyoung, “Anything wrong?”

 

Sooyoung then rubs her chest, “Nah, maybe it was just because I was hungry. Let’s go.” Sooyoung suddenly runs when she saw the stall she wants to visit.

 

“Aunty, may I have the vanilla flavor one? What about you, unnie?” Sooyoung looks at Jessica as she takes out some bills.

 

“Hmm… I’ll have the strawberry one, aunty.” Jessica says with a smile. The aunt then tells them the price and Sooyoung insisted in paying but Jessica too insisted that she’s the older one so she has to pay.

 

“Here you go, aunty.” At last, Sooyoung won the debate between them.

 

“You guys really look like a matching couple.” The aunt smiles at them when she sees how cute they were when paying.

 

“Hear that, unnie. The boyfie has to pay if someone is in a relationship. That’s why I’m paying.” Sooyoung sticks out her tongue before bidding her good bye to the aunt.

 

Jessica then walks faster to chase her up, “You’re not bad, kid.”

 

Sooyoung then makes a smiley face to Jessica, telling her she’s in a good mood because there’s an ice cream on her head.

 

“By the way, why do you call me ‘unnie’?” That question pops into Jessica’s mind when she was her ice cream, “And where is your ice cream?”

 

“Here,” Sooyoung points at her tummy, “About your question… I never know what your age is.”

 

“Then why didn’t you call Taeyeon, Tiffany or Yuri ‘unnie’?”

 

“It’s because they tell me to not call them that. You never asked me to do so, so I didn’t put it aside. Plus, no one dared to put down honorifics on you.” Sooyoung said without thinking.

 

“Yah! You said I wasn’t cold and icy as what others were thinking.” Jessica smacks Sooyoung’s head.

 

“I was just kidding on the last sentence.” Sooyoung sounded sorry.

 

Jessica smiles at the cuteness in Sooyoung’s apology, “If you’re sorry, then you should put down the ‘unnie’.”

 

“Sure,” Sooyoung says, “Unnie.” And continues. She was in a happy mood since she got to eat ice cream so she was in the mood to tease even the most dangerous person.

 

Jessica slaps Sooyoung’s arm again before they started to smile at each other and continue to walk home.

 


 

Hey ya :D Here's a chapter of SooSica, hope I'm not a disappointment :X

About the previous chapter of TaeYul's action, it was a flashback. Sorry for making it unclear ><

Anyway, Happy Valentines' Day to everyone. Young, elder, male, female, single, taken, in complicated relationship, everyone :) 

Hope you enjoyed and leave a comment ^^