Chapter XIV – The Unknown Mark That Was There

Beneath The Tale Of Gemstone

Chapter XIV – The Unknown Mark That Was There

Two figures can be seen walking relaxingly on the pathway with ice creams on each of their hands. They’re just their ice cream in a quiet atmosphere, neither one of them were even thinking of talking. Even the tall one decided not to finish her ice cream as fast as the first time they went to get an ice cream.

 

Sun is setting down but neither do any of them wants to head home. One is just simply savoring here ice cream, while the other one was thinking of the incident that happened earlier, the pulling hand part and the moment she thought the latter was cute.

 

“Sica-ah, thanks again for taking me to the ice cream stall.” She says to the older one who was deep in her thought.

 

As she didn’t get a reply, she snaps her fingers in front of her eyes. Jessica was then shocked and came back to reality as she looks at Sooyoung’s direction when they both took their last bite of their ice creams.

 

“Huh? Did you say something?” Jessica turns to look at her with curious eyes but her eyes ended up falling on a certain part.

 

“Did you-” Just when Sooyoung was trying to repeat the same thing she just said, Jessica cuts her off.

 

“What’s that?” She points to the exposed part of Sooyoung’s neck, “Have you been naughty lately, Soo?” Jessica says with a disgusted face and they stopped walking.

 

“What are you talking about? What thing?” She was shocked by Jessica’s sudden attention on the lower left side of her neck and tries to touch it, but she felt nothing as she rubs on it.

 

“You can’t feel anything?” Jessica’s curiosity rises up.

 

“No, where are you talking about?” Sooyoung continuously rubs around her neck but she still feels nothing.

 

Jessica leans in and reaches out to the weird thingy on Sooyoung’s neck which she fails to touch it. It does looks like some sort of scar or wound.

 

“Here.” Jessica pokes it and it made Sooyoung shakes from it and she winced. As Jessica hears that, she removes her hand which made Sooyoung’s hand went up and touch it.

 

She then looks at Jessica with a shocked face, “Did you just pinch me?”

 

“Do I look like I want to tease and pinch you?” Jessica replies her with a ‘this-is-not-a-joke’ face while crossing her arms.

 

“Yes, kind of.” She still rubs on the same spot and finally, she winced again from touching the same spot, “Ouch!”

 

“Stop touching it.” Jessica pulls her hand away from the wound and tries to look at it again.

 

“Is everything fine there?” Sooyoung asked, worrying about her neck.

 

“I think you’ve got a wound.” Jessica tells her which made Sooyoung a little curious on how that happened.

 

“But, how?”

 

Jessica tries to think about it and asked Sooyoung, “Did you go to anywhere recently?”

 

“No, except for going to the ice cream stall, I never went to anywhere else.” Sooyoung tries to think back, “Unless…”

 

“Unless it’s from the incident last night.” Sooyoung was shocked and caused Jessica to startle by her strong voice, “Maybe that’s why I was sleepy the whole day in school.”

 

“Correct, but, how can you not feel it when you’re hurt?” Jessica asked curiously.

 

“Maybe it’s not a wound, Sica.” Sooyoung tries to think out of some other possible causes.

 

“How can it not be it?”

 

“Maybe…” Sooyoung mumbles as she closes her eyes, thinking of things. When blurry images in her mind starting to become clear, she opens her eyes and looks at Jessica.

 

“Maybe it was the mark of the reason why I joined Taeyeon and Yuri.” Both of them start to walk off again but this time, they’re planning to walk to Jessica’s house first.

 

“How is that possible? You surely did wince when you and I touched it.” Jessica once again brought back the curiosity. Sooyoung too falls into the curious box.

 

Both of them couldn’t think of anything and at last Jessica comes to the last decision, “Let’s ask Tae and Yul about it. Maybe they know something.”

 

They wander around again before heading to Sooyoung’s apartment.

 

“Are you sure I’m allowed to come here?” As they reached Sooyoung’s apartment, Jessica starts to worry about it and holds Sooyoung’s steps.

 

“Don’t worry about it. Taeyeon brought Tiffany there before and so does Yuri to Yoona. I’m sure it’s fine if I bring you in.” Sooyoung says as she looks at Jessica.

 

“They’re different. They’re their girls, I’m not yours.” Jessica voices out.

 

“Then, what should I do? Talk to them and then get back to you?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“What’s bad about that idea?”

 

“It’s bad because I will need to transfer the information I got from them to you. It’ll be bothering.” Sooyoung whines.

 

“Stop being such a baby and go.” Jessica pushes her but it only made Sooyoung steps one step forward, “Wait.” All of a sudden, she made Sooyoung stops walking again.

 

“Your phone, give me.” Jessica reaches her hand out and waits for Sooyoung to take out her phone.

 

“What do you want it for? If you want to call or message people, you should use yours because you have your own.” Sooyoung defends her pocket with her hands so Jessica wouldn’t reach it.

 

“You dummy,” Jessica knocks Sooyoung forehead, “Just give it to me.”

 

Sooyoung has no choice but to give her her phone, “What do you want it for?”

 

Sooyoung only gets sounds of taps on the phone screen as a reply and just waits patiently for Jessica to return it.

 

“Here you go.” When Jessica only starts to hand out the phone to Sooyoung, she quickly snatches it away to see if there were any deformities.

 

“Yah, Choi Sooyoung. Text or call me when you know about what happened.” Jessica catches Sooyoung’s action and again, pushes her forward.

 

“Sheesh,” She looks at Jessica, “If only you’re my girl, I wouldn’t need to repeat everything I heard.” Sooyoung says sadly before turning around and leaves Jessica there.

 

What did she say?

 

 

“Hey guys, I’m back.” Sooyoung shouts through the entrance while seeing the two elder girls sitting by the sofa watching some drama going on the television.

 

Both of them look at the entrance and were shocked to see the youngest only came back now. It’s almost dinner time.

 

“Hey, Soo, where did you go?” Taeyeon asked as she saw the youngest one approaching them.

 

“Just went to get some ice cream with Jessica.” Sooyoung said before taking a seat next to Taeyeon.

 

“What? Again with the Ice Princess?” Yuri says in disbelief.

 

“You got problem, Yul? Or do you want me to hang out with Yoona more than you?” Sooyoung reminded Yuri of what happened on that morning which made Yuri glares at her.

 

“Curse you, Choi Sooyoung. If you ever lean a hand on Yoona again, I’ll chop it off with my daggers.” Yuri warns Sooyoung with a stern voice but Sooyoung only laughs it off.

 

“By the way, do you know what this is?” After the whole conversation between Sooyoung and Yuri ended, Sooyoung remembers what she has to ask. She lets them look at the left side of her neck and they look at it.

 

Both of them switches some glances before turn to Sooyoung and look at her without saying a word. It made Sooyoung kind of impatient when they didn’t talk but truthfully, they were thinking in their own mind how to tell Sooyoung about it.

 

Finally, Taeyeon talks.

 

“It’s your mark, Soo.”

 

“My mark?” Sooyoung asked back curiously.

 

“Yes, and we’re shocked that you only realized it now.” Yuri said to her, “We found ours since we were kids. Here.”

 

They both them show their marks. Yuri lowers her shirt on her right shoulder and Taeyeon lifts the left side of the hem of her shirt. Yuri’s mark, which was a tattoo of a Salamander, was behind her right shoulder while Taeyeon’s Pegasus was under the left side of her stomach.

 

“Wow…” Sooyoung was amazed by it before they move their shirts back to their original places.

 

“How do you not see it, Soo?” Both of them were curious.

 

“I didn’t exactly found it by my own either. Jessica’s the one that saw it.” Sooyoung explains to them which made them look at each other again before turning back to Sooyoung.

 

“What’s mine?” Since Sooyoung can’t possibly see the mark on her neck, she can only ask the two elder ones.

 

“Yours is a Wyvern, Soo. Looks like a dragon, but it’s not.” Taeyeon explains to her before snapping down the photo to let Sooyoung see.

 

“But, why when Jessica touches it, it’s pain?” Sooyoung once again brought up another question.

 

Taeyeon sighs as she opens , “That’ll be better if Eron’s the one that answers it.”

 


 

Hey everyone. Sorry for not updating yesterday, I was busy ><

Anyway, do enjoy, comment and subscribe. Hehe :)