Chapter I - First Meeting

Beneath The Tale Of Gemstone

Chapter I – First Meeting

A man can be seen standing at the very end of his room looking outside of the window. He looks like he’s in his mid 30. His hands are folded behind him as thoughts flow through his mind.

 

A knock is soon heard and brings him back to the reality, “Come in.”

 

“Sir, I’ve brought the girl you’re searching for.” The guy that just steps in the room says. A girl can be seen trailing behind the tall figure guy.

 

He glances at them and speaks, “Thanks, Kris. It must be quite a handful and frustrating job bringing her here, isn’t it?” The man chuckles.

 

“Not really, Sir Eron. Not quite a handful job for me.” Kris says with a chuckle too.

 

“As expected from one of my top right hand men.”

 

“It’s an honor, sir.” He bows.

 

“Very well. You may now leave, Kris.” Eron says.

 

“Will do.” He bows once more and left the room, leaving a space for the two figures to have their privacy of their talk.

 

Eron clears his throat before turning to face the girl that was brought to the room by Kris.

 

“I’m very sure that you now understand what and why you’re here.” He speaks.

 

…no sound was heard coming out from the girl.

 

He then walks carefully to the girl and extends his hand, “I’m Eron, as you heard from Kris a moment ago. What’s yours?”

 

Still no reaction. Eron retreats his hand back and put them into his pocket as he studies the girl in front of him.

 

For a girl, she really has a tall body. She’s really quiet though. It’s quite thankful too since the other two of them are practically like a kid. Eron sighs as he realizes that he barely gets any reaction from the girl.

 

He walks back to his desk and dials a number. As soon as the line is accepted by the other line, he spoke, “Can you help me call Lay up here for a moment?” He waits for the other line to reply as he says thank you and hangs up the phone call.

 

“Since you won’t talk to me, I guess I’ll bring in someone gentle to bring you around. First, the company then you’ll be going to meet someone.” He tells her. “You can seat on the couch for a moment while waiting for Lay.”

 

The girl hesitates for a while before lifting her legs and walks towards the couch. Eron too walks back to his seat and crumples his fingers together.

 

“Thank you.” A voice can be heard within the room.

 

Eron was shocked to the voice as it came out from the girl that hasn’t been talking ever since she steps right into this room. He looks at her and sees her looking at her.

 

Eron smiles warmly to the girl, “You’re welcome.”

 

She then goes back to her previous state, laying her head on the top of the couch while both of them wait for Lay to appear.

 

Soon, a knock can be heard.

 

“Eron, you called?” Lay asked as he was wondering why he got called.

 

“See that girl over there,” Eron points to the girl as Lay turns his head to the direction he was pointing, “I want you to bring her to walk around this place and later can you please send her to meet the others?”

 

“Alright, hyung.” Lay responded as he walks towards the girl, “Let’s go?”

 

The girl again hesitates before she stands up to leave.

 

Just before she leaves the room, she bows to Eron, “I’m Sooyoung. Choi Sooyoung.” And leaves with Lay.

 

Eron, sitting by himself in his room, couldn’t help but to smile. It’s been a long time, Sooyoung…

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

“Here, you can see…” Lay is trying to explain to me the bits and abouts of the company yet I can’t seem to pay attention to him. Something is just in my mind that I can’t stop thinking about it. I knock my head a few times and raise my head only to see someone looking at me with a blank face.

 

“Are you okay?” He asks.

 

“Yeah, I’m pretty sure I’m fine.” I answer him.

 

“Did you or did you not listen to what I have said earlier?” He asks with a soft tone. Oh dang, I wasn’t listening the whole time.

 

“Sorry…” I look down.

 

“It’s alright. It wasn’t some necessary things anyway; all were just extra information to you.” Lay says as he smiles.

 

“Thanks…”

 

“What?”

 

“Thanks for not getting mad of not listening.”

 

“You’re weird.” He says and gives a chuckle.

 

I raise my head as I look at him waiting for an explanation.

 

“First, you don’t talk when Eron asked you to talk and now, you’re talking to me. How is that not weird?”

 

“Yah!” I slap his arm.

 

“Someone’s being friendly now.” He rubs the spot I hit him but still has that gentle smile on his face.

 

“Now, let’s go find the others. I’m very sure you guys will be match. Come on.” We then left the company with Lay’s car and head to somewhere.

 

“By the way, can I ask you a question?” After being silent in the car, I decided to get something off my mind.

 

“Sure.”

 

“Why do you call Mr. Eron hyung while some guy named Kris earlier called him sir?”

 

“Well, to be clear,” Lay starts to explain, “Kris hyung has this cold look on his face and he respects Eron hyung a lot. That’s why he never wants to drop the formalities. Eron hyung had always asked us to call him in a friendlier way but Kris hyung just never does it. Who knows what’s in his mind.”

 

“Oh…” I trail my sentence as silence comes back into the car again.

 

“By the way, you look like you’re the same age with Kris hyung. Which year are you born in actually?”

 

“Early ’90.”

 

“Oh, Kris hyung is the same year as you are but he’s in the late ‘90. I can call you noona, can I?”

 

“Sure… Lay.”

 

End POV

 

Lay smiles at Sooyoung’s response. She finally became comfortable and drops the formalities.

 

Back to Eron… I really hope everything will turn out fine with her silent personality.

 


 

Hi, everyone. Sorry for the late update >< Was celebrating Chinese New Year and all such that I had no time updating this fic. SIncerely apologize to everyone :)

Here's the first chapter, a bit crappy but I hope you guys will enjoy it even a little. I'll be really thankful if you guys do so ^^

Anyway, do enjoy and Happy Chinese New Year to everyone :D