Chapter XXII – Ice Cream Airplane

Beneath The Tale Of Gemstone

Chapter XXII – Ice Cream Airplane

It’s already past midnight when Sulli caresses the younger girl’s hair as she stares at the sleeping figure and shows a smile, a hurtful and depressed smile. How can Krystal fall into such miserable life until she couldn’t even stand long? All Sulli can do is only looking at the younger girl’s hurtful expression.

 

Both of them are on Krystal’s bed. Sulli is lying on her side to look at Krystal. With the hand she once caressed Krystal’s hair with, she slides it down to grab onto the girl’s hand, intertwining their fingers. Although Krystal is hurt now, being able to be beside her makes Sulli smiles. At least now they’re together.

 

“No, don’t take my unnie away from me!” Krystal suddenly yells in her sleep which shocked Sulli. She quickly sits straight and instead of waking Krystal, she decides to listen to what Krystal is going to say next.

 

“Unnie… Unnie, I’m sorry. If only I had the chance, I won’t let you go do those things alone.” Krystal keeps struggling as if someone ties her up. Sulli stares at the younger girl who is still talking in her dream and soon, a trail of tear drop from her eye.

 

Upon seeing that, Sulli got startled and she holds onto Krystal’s shoulders. She needs to wake her up now.

 

“Krystal, get up. It’s just a dream. Nothing will go wrong.” Sulli tries to hold onto Krystal but her struggling got worse that not even Sulli can hold onto her much longer. Maybe Krystal thought someone in her dream is holding onto her instead of Sulli.

 

Sulli couldn’t bear much longer to the struggling girl and quickly leans in. She goes for her forehead and kisses it. That’s the only way Sulli can let Krystal feels that she’s safe. And just like how she expected, Krystal finally calms down.

 

Sulli feels that there isn’t any more movement from the younger girl, pulls away to see her expression. Thankfully, she’s quiet now and back to her peaceful sleep.

 

As Sulli was trying to fall onto her side of the bed, a pair of arms wraps around her neck and stops her. She shows a question look as she continues to look at the person under her.

 

“Don’t leave me ever again.” Krystal says.

 

“I won’t, baby Jung.” Sulli finds it cute how Krystal says that in her sleeping voice. Must be a sweet dream she has in her mind.

 

“I mean it, Sul. Don’t you ever dare leave me again.” Hearing that, Sulli knows that Krystal is already awake.

 

She lays her body on her side of the bed without Krystal’s arms falling off her neck as she pulls Krystal close to her. Her eyes slowly open and their eyes met. The first thing Krystal saw was a silly smile on Sulli’s face.

 

“When I say I won’t, I really mean it.” She leans in to kiss her nose. Not long after, Krystal’s face finally forms a small smirk.

 

“You know, it had been a long time since I last see my prince in front of me as I open my eyes. I’m really glad to see you again and I really miss you.” Krystal wraps her arms tighter on Sulli’s neck as she places her head on her chest, “And, I miss this heartbeat a lot.”

 

Sulli was feeling really thankful that Krystal will say such words to her even though she’s close to mental breakdown. Truthfully and of course, Sulli misses the younger girl as much as the latter does. She looks down and wraps her arms around Krystal’s waist.

 

“I miss you too, Krys. It had been two years since we last meet, huh? Time does flies.”

 

“It doesn’t when you’re not around. I felt like that was the worse-”

 

“Shush, Krys.” Sulli cuts her off, “Am I not here already? Just forget about it.” She leans in to kiss her forehead again.

 

“I’ll be here for now on, don’t worry.” Krystal hums as a response when she heard what Sulli just said. Being able to be in each of their arms, both felt really overwhelming.

 

When both of them turn quiet, Sulli stares mindlessly at the ceiling above her. Suddenly, a thought came into her mind.

 

“Soojung-ah, are you asleep already?” Sulli softly calls Krystal and pushes her softly.

 

“Hmm…?” Krystal responds in her sleepy voice again.

 

“Do you want to go out tomorrow? It had been a long time since we last hang out. And, I miss going out with you.”

 

For quite a moment there, she didn’t get any response from Krystal. She thought she was asleep so she just lays back, thinking maybe she wants to avoid the question and so she didn’t push her to answer.

 

“It’s okay if you don’t want to-”

 

“If you want to, I don’t mind. After all, I’ll be with you. You’re my protector.” Krystal says with a clear voice which caught Sulli’s attention. She thought she had been sleeping.

 

“You’re awake?”

 

“Yeah, I was just thinking if I should accept your invitation or not. But after a while of thinking, I think there wasn’t any impossibility that will make me reject your offer.” Krystal lifts her head and looks at the older girl.

 

Seeing how Krystal accepted her offer, she brims a happy face to her, “Don’t worry, Krys. I’ll be there to protect you. Thanks, Soojung-ah.”

 

Krystal smiles back at her before turning back her head and places it on Sulli’s chest. She doesn’t wants to interfere her sleep again so she too tags along with the younger girl and sleeps.

 

 

Earlier, after Sulli brought Krystal back to her room, they left Jessica alone in the living room. She said that she doesn’t mind if both of them go to sleep first so they just leave her alone. Truthfully, she wants to leave a space for herself to pick up the mysterious phone call.

 

She stares at her phone blinking and vibrating as doesn’t know how to react to it. The person keeps calling as if it was an emergency. After 12 calls, the caller stops calling. That’s what makes Jessica fear more.

 

She patiently waits, hoping that the caller will call back because she doesn’t dare to take the initiative. And thankfully, the person calls back after 5 minutes passed. This time, she was determined to answer.

 

“…Hello?” Before she could talk after she picks up, she realized it’s a girl’s voice. Not just any girl though. She feels like she heard this voice before.

 

“…Sica?” That person says again. That time, she figures out who was it.

 

And at that moment, she realized her mind was in a high mood but her heart sunk deep. Why? She was happy that the younger girl will contact her but she just can’t forget her mission now.

 

“…Soo…” Jessica says in a semi mindless state.

 

“Sica,” Sooyoung stops a while which made Jessica’s heart skips a beat because she doesn’t know what Sooyoung will say, “I miss you.”

 

Jessica’s heart melts when she heard what Sooyoung said. She felt oddly strange whenever she’s having her time with Sooyoung but she wasn’t supposed to feel so.

 

But, she follows how her heart feels and doesn’t care about any of the consequences.

 

“Soo, I miss you too. Where are you?” Jessica calms her mind down and talks to Sooyoung with ease.

 

“You won’t believe where I am now, Sica. I’m back to my hometown.” Sooyoung says in a slightly enthusiastic tone. Most probably feeling happy because Jessica just said she missed her.

 

“That’s great, Soo. Is it fun over there?”

 

“Not bad, at least I can rest well here.” Sooyoung giggles into the phone. She wasn’t able to rest well here? Well, of course…

 

“Thank goodness then, Soo.” Jessica smiles without realizing that Sooyoung couldn’t see her facial expression. A question suddenly struck into Jessica’s mind, “When are you coming back, Soo? You wouldn’t stay there forever, right?”

 

“Of course not, I think I’ll be back by tomorrow. Asdfghjklasdfgh.” Sooyoung says and mumbles the last part which Jessica couldn’t catch.

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing,” Sooyoung says in a nervous tone, “I just say I’ll be back tomorrow and bye, Sica. See you tomorrow if possible.” And with that bullet speed, Sooyoung ends her phone call with Jessica.

 

She just stares into her phone seeing the caller disappears from her screen. What just happened?

 

 

“What the hell did I just say?” Sooyoung stares at her phone after continuously pushing the end call button. Her mind went blank after realizing what she just said earlier, “It was lucky that Sica didn’t hear what I just said, or else it’ll be super awkward in the future.” She facepalms herself.

 

After calming down, she thinks back at the memories while they were talking through the phone. So, this is how conversing through phone feels like. It’s not that Sooyoung never made a phone call or anything; she just never called a pure human before, let alone their far distance.

 

While Sooyoung was still busy thinking about that moment, her mind suddenly pops out a question.

 

“Why she didn’t ask where my hometown is and why didn’t she ask me why I’m restless these few days?”

 

“You’re just thinking too much, Soo.” She answered herself not even a millisecond later. Thinking how dumb that question was and how sensitive she was in this, she again mentally slaps herself.

 

She then sleeps after her own mental slapping. Tomorrow she’ll be back to earth again and it’ll be a difficult day to pass. But at least, tomorrow is a Saturday.

 

Flashback -seconds before Sooyoung cuts off the phone call-

 

“Thank goodness then, Soo.” Hearing how Jessica reacted, she smiled feeling that she cares about her, “When are you coming back, Soo? You wouldn’t stay there forever, right?”

 

Hearing that question, Sooyoung happy again because she felt that Jessica wants her to be back, “Of course not, I think I’ll be back by tomorrow. I’ll miss you too much if I stay here too long.” Sooyoung said and mumbled the last part because she didn’t want to let Jessica felt weird.

 

Realizing what she just said, she went panic and hoping to end the phone call as soon as possible.

 

“What?” That question made Sooyoung even panic.

 

“Nothing,” Sooyoung said in a nervous tone, “I just say I’ll be back tomorrow and bye, Sica. See you tomorrow if possible.” And with that, she ended the phone call thinking just how stupid she would’ve sound if Jessica heard her mumbling sentence.

 

Flashback ends.

 

 

“Tae-Tae, I want that pink bear.” “Tae-Tae, I want that pink shoes.” “Tae-Tae, I want that strawberry flavored ice cream.” “Tae-Tae, I want this…” “Tae-Tae, I want that.”

 

Today, is another day where Taeyeon and Tiffany went out to shop. It was always in their weekend schedule where they will go shopping. And of course, this was all planned by Tiffany.

 

Taeyeon doesn’t have many objections because she just wants to see her girlfriend to be happy. Even though she has no money, but every time when Tiffany says she wants to buy something, she ends up didn’t buy it and that’s how Taeyeon isn’t filled with debt until now.

 

After their window shopping, Taeyeon leads Tiffany to a stall and orders ice creams. Expectedly, Tiffany will still choose the pink color ice cream, the strawberry flavored.

 

Both of them went to their seat and sits down while eating their ice creams. At this time, Taeyeon is the one that looks like kid while Tiffany is the mother bringing this kid out for her ice cream. As if the ice cream is a toy, she plays the airplane game with Tiffany, flying it to Tiffany’s mouth and stops there.

 

“Open up, Fany-ah.” Taeyeon says with a kid voice while staring at the ‘airplane’ that she’s holding. Tiffany just shakes her head before eating the ice cream.

 

Taeyeon, succeeded in this, pulls back her arm and starts eating the ice cream herself again. Just like any kids when they’re eating their ice cream, Taeyeon too has a smudge on . But unlike them, Taeyeon’s smudge is just a small dip on the tip of her upper lips.

 

Tiffany saw it and leans towards her to clean it off with her hands.

 

Instead of thanking her, Taeyeon looks at her at disbelief. For once, Tiffany feels weird with Taeyeon’s act.

 

“What?” Tiffany asks but Taeyeon avoids her gazes and makes silly faces quietly.

 

“Kim Taeyeon.” Tiffany sternly calls Taeyeon. She was determined that if the kid didn’t turn to her, she’ll use force to make her look at her. But of course, Tiffany wouldn’t want to do that so she just waits.

 

“You shouldn’t wipe off the smudge-”

 

“But-” Tiffany cuts Taeyeon’s sentence trying to explain to her but again, she got cut off.

 

“You shouldn’t wipe it off with your hand. It may have germs on it.”

 

“But-” Again, Tiffany tries to cuts Taeyeon’s sentence but was cut off again.

 

“You should’ve used your lips, at least you can use that as an excuse to kiss me, but you didn’t.” Taeyeon says and pouts, wrapping her arms in front of her chest.

 

Tiffany finds it cute. This was the thin chance of seeing Taeyeon acts like a total kid and she really appreciates when this time comes by. At least Taeyeon is not in a serious mood like usual.

 

She leans in and captures the older girl’s lips. Instead of a peck, she stays there and does not move her lips. She knows perfectly what Taeyeon will do because to Taeyeon, she just thinks that Tiffany is teasing her in this position so she wants her to know how eager she wants her lips.

 

But to Tiffany, it’s merely teasing and she too was waiting for Taeyeon to continue the kiss. And just like how they usually do, Taeyeon leans in and kiss Tiffany for a few seconds before pulling away.

 

“You teaser.” Taeyeon says after pulling away.

 

“You know you like when I do that.” Tiffany again teases Taeyeon.

 

She sticks her tongue out before both of them continue their ice creams. Later on, they continue to window shop as how Tiffany planned. 

 


 

Sorry for the late update :X But, I'm back ^^ Had been busy these few days and writerblock came back quite often, that include laziness >< 

Hope you enjoyed and if you like this story, do subscribe and comment. Everything you guys do is always appreciated :)

Anyway, do any of you that still haven't heard about the news of the MH370 from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia heading to Beijing? My prediction is that it crashed somewhere and people died. But, I'm pretty sure there's one survivor, at least. Well, thanks to my frequent fantasy, I just can't accept that every single soul has gone from its body. So yeah, just my opinion though :)

Leave a comment of what you think about it if you don't mind ^^ I'll get back to reply your messages..