Chapter VIII – The Memory That Stops Me From You

Beneath The Tale Of Gemstone

Chapter VIII – The Memory That Stops Me From You

As the night falls deeper, their eye lids eventually get heavier. They all say good night to each other and head to their respective room.

 

Sooyoung sits on her bed and back leaning on the head board while thinking back what they talked about just now.

 

It was shown on their face and obvious that Taeyeon and Yuri are worry. They worry what happened before will happen again and they might leave their girlfriends. That’s why Yuri never gets into a relationship.

 

Sooyoung feels bad about that, on how she couldn’t help them out.

 

She sighs and shuts her eyes. What if she accepts Eron’s offer? It can help them out in some way, right? She can try to design special weapons by helping out.

 

Should I? She looks at her phone, still thinking if she should accept it.

 

She clicks the contact button and her fingers start to tap on the screen.

 

She waited the other line to pick up and talked, “Oppa, I’ll accept your offer.”

 

Eron was more than happy to hear what Sooyoung had just said. With his greatest gratitude, he thanks her, “Thanks, Soo. It’s the best of the best.”

 

Sooyoung gave him a smile which he couldn’t see, “No problem, oppa. Good night.”

 

“Good night, Soo.”After ending the call with Sooyoung, Eron puts his phone away. Now, everything is just right.

 

...

 

“Yuri, every going alright at your side?” Taeyeon asked through the ear piece. There were quite some cuts on her body.

 

“Not going that well, Tae. Yours?” Yuri said on the other line. She was as well having wounds.

 

It was another night where Taeyeon and Yuri were sent to a mission. They were in a huge mansion, one person taking one side, not even sure where it led.  It was a really difficult job, considering that almost all people that were sent there lost their lives in it.

 

Taeyeon and Yuri thought they want to give a try.

 

“Eron, can’t we just go?” Someday before that night, Taeyeon and Yuri visited Eron, telling him that they want to try it out.

 

“What are you talking about? That job, just because of that job, tons of people was sacrificed. I don’t want to see both of you die because of it.” Eron exclaimed with fear in his eyes, “You of all people know no one can do such things.”

 

“Eron, trust us.” Yuri pleaded.

 

“Why are you two so eager to do it?” Eron sat on his chair, trying once to listen to what the two girls in front of him wants to say.

 

“The device they built, it may cause even more people die if it didn’t come to an end. The builder did it so he can eliminate everyone, including the innocent one.” Taeyeon explained.

 

“He wants to kill, that’s all he has in mind.” Yuri added.

 

Eron thought for quite a while before lifting his head to look at them, “Fine, if that’s what you guys want. But I’ll keep an eye on both of you. Anything happens and I’ll rush over to get you guys out of it.”

 

“Alright.” By saying that, they departed from Eron’s and went to where they are now.

 

“Not really too, Yul.”

 

“Do you think we can get out from here safe? After all, no one ever walked out from here.” Yuri asked Taeyeon with a slight shaking tone.

 

“Not sure but-” Taeyeon suddenly stopped talking when she saw what’s in front of her. First thing that flashed into her mind was ‘Run, Tae, run’ because in front of her were men 3 times of her size with weapons on them.

 

Before Taeyeon got to run away, a bullet was shot to her right leg. She grunted and Yuri heard it. Although there’s a wound on her leg now, she had no choice but to run with her full strength.

 

“Tae, what happened?” Before Taeyeon got the chance to tell Yuri, she heard a bullet shot from the other line.

 

Yuri was as well got shot by her arm. A deep cut can be seen on her arm now. She knew she couldn’t go any forward so she turns back and ran.

 

“Yul, we need Eron.”

 

“Sure.”

 

Taeyeon clicked a button in her pocket and all of a sudden, bomb was heard coming from behind of the building.

 

“It’s Eron. He planned to bomb the place if we didn’t make it. Hurry.” Taeyeon spoke before sprinting real quick but before she got out from the place, the whole building broke down.

 

“Yuri, how’s your progress?”

 

“Not good. We might not be able to make it out.”

 

Hearing what Yuri has said, Taeyeon started to sprint faster, didn’t even care about the pain she’s having. “Yuri, just run as fast as you can. We can make it.”

 

After few minutes of running, both of them met because the place is partially tore down.

 

“Hey, looks like you have a cut on your arm. Are you okay?” Taeyeon asked while they’re still running.

 

“I’m fine. What about you? You have a gun shot on your leg. Can you still run?”

 

“It’s okay. I just need to endure it.” Taeyeon gave Yuri a smile before both of them decides to just run.

 

They finally saw the light at the very end of the mansion so they made their last sprint and jumped out of the place. Both of them looked behind them as the mansion falls into pieces.

 

“Tae, Yul, how are you two?” Eron ran to them when he saw them came out safe, “Didn’t I tell you it’s not safe? See what you guys yourself into.” Eron was furious but seeing his younger siblings in pain, he had no choice but to put that aside.

 

“Seohyun, Lay, bring them back to HQ. Seohyun, treat them.”

 

“Sure.” Seohyun and Lay appeared from the back of Eron with few more people coming to lift them.

 

“Tae-Tae, what happened to your leg?”

 

“And unnie, why is your arm wrapped up?” Tiffany and Yoona said in shocked when they saw Taeyeon and Yuri were in bandages at their apartment. It had been few days they didn’t go to school which made Tiffany and Yoona worry.

 

“Don’t worry, Fany, I’m fine.” Taeyeon tried to convince Tiffany but she didn’t fall for it.

 

“Fine doesn’t mean skipping school, you made me worry.” Tiffany hugged Taeyeon and tears were sliding on her cheeks.

 

“It’s okay, Tiff. Tae is fine.” Yuri tried to help Taeyeon out but was eventually got hit by the head.

 

She turned around only to be greeted with a solemn face on Yoona. She looked at Yoona and felt guilt rushing upon her heart.

 

“Yoong…” Yuri tried to hold Yoona’s hand.

 

“Is that why you never accept my love?” After saying that, Yoona ran out from the apartment. Yuri knew she can’t get away from her present life and knew that she may bring the worse to Yoona, so she just stood there.

 

“Aren’t you going after her?” Taeyeon asked after looking at the scene in front of her.

 

“No, not now.” And by saying that, she went to her room. Yoong…

 

“Hey, unnie…” Someone snaps her finger in front of the person which was eating tearful kimbap.

 

“Oh, hey, Yoong.” Yuri greets her while wiping her tears away from her cheek. Yoona knows Yuri was thinking about the past but one has to be the stronger one, right?

 

She then sits in front of Yuri while taking out her food.

 

“I’m sorry.” Yuri said with a soft voice and avoided Yoona’s question eyes.

 

Yoona finally understands what Yuri was talking about, “It’s okay, unnie. I know you’re in pain. I’m still waiting, you know.”

 

“Thanks for understanding, Yoong. When my life gets better, I’ll make sure I am able to take care of you.” Yuri cheers herself up before pinching the younger girl’s nose.

 

Thanks for waiting. Yuri thought to herself while looking at Yoona with a smile on her face.

 

“If you keep looking me like that, I think I’m going to strangle your lips very soon.” Yoona teasingly said but Yuri didn’t fell for it.

 

“I’m waiting.” Yuri teases Yoona back before earning a slap on her arm.

 

“Ouch…” Yuri winces at the pain.

 

“Oh, sorry for hitting the wrong place.” Yoona quickly gets up and rubs the ex-wound on Yuri’s arm.

 

“If you want to sit next to me, just say.” Yuri says before caressing Yoona’s cheek. Yoona places her head on Yuri’s arm, enjoying their few moment.

 


 

Here's another update ^^ Was able to finish this chapter so I was thinking, why not update it? :)

 

Tomorrow, Valentines' Day plus the end of Chinese New Year. Wish the people that are celebrating any of it to enjoy and the one that stuck doing work or just sits at home, browsing through the web, cheer up :D

Do enjoy this chapter. Don't forget to comment. Every bits that readers do will make my day ^^