Chapter XVI – Sorry For Keeping You Waiting

Beneath The Tale Of Gemstone

Chapter XVI – Sorry For Keeping You Waiting

As usual, Taeyeon and Sooyoung would go to school together and Yuri alone will go look for Yoona. She always head out earlier than them and reaches Yoona’s house early. She did that because she can enjoy the time with Yoona before reaches the school and they won’t be rush if they spent too much time together.

 

She stands outside of Yoona’s house, lingering up and down around the road and the walk way. She was bored waiting for Yoona and because of playful mindset; she just can’t stand on one spot.

 

While she turns back wanting to linger more, a cling clang sound suddenly catches her attention. She turns around only to meet the one that captivated her heart all these while. She smiles looking at the younger girl putting the keys into her bag while walking towards her.

 

When Yoona looks up and only to be greeted by a smiley face looking at her, she can’t help but call out, “Yuri unnie.” She shakes her arm, hoping that it will get her back to reality.

 

Yuri lowers her face and leans in to peak on Yoona’s lips. “Good morning.”

 

She leans not too far away from Yoona’s face and looks at her as she breaks the kiss, “Good morning too, unnie.”

 

Yuri grabs Yoona’s hand before both of them departs from Yoona’s house. It was a complete silence. Yuri was enjoying it but something seems to bug Yoona’s mind. She had been quite talkative all these while but not today. Today, she was quiet.

 

She sometimes would steal some glances at Yuri but when Yuri caught it, she quickly turns away, not dared to look into her eyes.

 

How can she be so dense and oblivious?  Yoona thought in frustration. This time, she stops walking which made their hands separate because Yuri was still walking.

 

Yuri turns back to look at what happened behind but caught her staring at her saddening eyes. She slowly moves towards her and cups her face.

 

“What’s wrong, Yoong?” She asked but Yoona leans away from her touch. It made Yuri stunned but that won’t stop her from asking further.

 

“What’s it, Yoong?” This time, Yuri wraps her arms around Yoona’s waist and looks right into her eyes. She understands Yoona too much that she knows this way can make Yoona speaks even though she’ll look away and blush from the close distance. “So?”

 

Without giving an answer ahead, Yoona hugs Yuri by her neck.

 

“I miss you.” That’s the only thing came out from Yoona’s mouth before she leans more into the embrace.

 

Yuri knows exactly what Yoona is trying to say. Although Yoona just says ‘I miss you’, to Yuri, it means ‘Why can’t we be in a relationship yet? Why can’t you be mine after so long?’

 

Yuri understands how Yoona is feeling and she feels guilty for it. It was her decision to not start the relationship and Yoona was kind enough to listen to her and waits for her patiently.

 

“Is it really that hard?” Yoona asked when Yuri was quiet. It hits Yuri really hard when she heard what Yoona said. She’s starting to ask herself what is she running from, and what is she actually hiding from?

 

Yuri was still quiet until Yoona lightly pushes her away and walks away, leaving Yuri alone behind. She turns over to look at the walking silhouette. She knows that Yoona was crying. Who can stand all of this? Not even Yuri herself.

 

She just stands there, not even budge.

 

Yoona just keeps walking while rubbing the tears away from her cheeks. It won’t be nice going to school with teary face. And surely, she doesn’t want to attract the attention from the students.

 

Suddenly, she felt arms slipping around her waist. She was shocked as her eyes widen and stops walking. The feeling of the hug was too familiar.

 

“Don’t you ever dare to walk away like that from me again.” Yuri lets her head on Yoona’s shoulder. This time, it’s Yoona’s turn to be a rock.

 

“After school, let’s talk.” Yuri said before moving away from Yoona. Once Yuri’s hands was away from her waist, she starts to miss the feeling again. Who knows Yuri would just say that and leave her.

 

Suddenly, she again felt an electric wave passed through her palm. It was Yuri holding it. Of course, Yuri wouldn’t be so dumb to leave her like that.

 

Yoona looks at the interlocked hands and looks back to Yuri who was smiling. She then helps Yoona to wipe away the tear traces that are still visible on Yoona’s cheeks.

 

“Don’t cry anymore, you’ll get exhausted.” She says as she leans in and kisses the doe eyes. “Better. Let’s go.”

 

They then walk towards the school. Yuri sends Yoona off to her class and bids goodbye. “If you’re not feeling well or sleepy, just go to the school nurse, alright? Don’t forget to inform me too.” The elder one then leans down to peak on the younger girl’s lips.

 

After that peak, Yuri still stands there until Yoona reaches her seat and bids her goodbye. After the wave, Yuri takes her leave.

 

Yoong, I won’t let you cry anymore. I’ll take care of you. Just wait until the end of school and you will become mine.  

 

 

“Tae-Tae!!” Tiffany calls out while walking towards Taeyeon but surprisingly, she doesn’t even bother to turn around and focus on her book.

 

Tiffany was shocked to see Taeyeon who doesn’t budge when she calls her out. All of a sudden, she became panic. Is she ignoring me? What did I do wrong? Did I even do any wrong? Or, or, or… She’s having someone new behind me?

 

Tiffany thought and the scenes appeared in her mind got worst.

 

“Fany?” Her lover’s voice caught her attention and makes her looks at her in the eyes, “Why are you standing there?” Taeyeon curiously asked.

 

And now she doesn’t even want to see me? Tiffany thought in her head as she avoids Taeyeon’s gazes. She tries to glance at Taeyeon but Taeyeon was still looking at her which made her even nervous, for no reason to be exact.

 

To avoid things get awkward, she quickly takes her leave from the library.

 

Taeyeon who was about to wave at Tiffany and ask her to go over and sits next to her was shocked when she saw Tiffany left the library.

 

“Wow, she’s weird.” She closes her book and picks up her outer wear then leaves. As she steps out, she looks at both ways to try to figure out where that pink lover went.

 

She then decided to go to the left side because that’s where the garden is. Every time Tiffany wants a fresh air, she’ll always go to the garden.

 

Tiffany was already panting when she reached where she goes. Sweat beads can be seen forming around her face. She just uses her arm to rub it away.

 

“Hey…” Tiffany was shocked at the voice that suddenly appeared behind her. It was too familiar for her to not know who it was. She wants to leave again but her wrist had been held strongly by the shorter girl.

 

“Stop.” Taeyeon says one word and it made Tiffany froze on her spot, “Where do you think you’re going?”

 

Tiffany wants to loose her wrists from Taeyeon’s hold but she couldn’t do so. Even though Taeyeon was holding strongly, it was still comfortable for Tiffany. Taeyeon knew her strength might cut Tiffany’s blood stream so she just firmly holding it without letting Tiffany feels pain.

 

“So, you’re not going to tell?” Taeyeon asked again when Tiffany chose to be quiet.

 

Tiffany avoids Taeyeon’s eyes once again but while she was avoiding, she felt a soft hand on her cheek which pushes her to look at Taeyeon. She thought she would meet Taeyeon’s eyes, but the only thing she felt, was Taeyeon’s lips on hers.

 

For almost half of a minute, Taeyeon kisses Tiffany. It was to make sure that Tiffany will get comfortable before talking about what happened earlier and why she was running away from Taeyeon.

 

As she pulls away, she waits for Tiffany to speak.

 

“Why didn’t you answer me when I called you out?” Tiffany hits Taeyeon’s arm but she only gives her a ‘what’ face. She has exactly no idea what Tiffany is talking about.

 

“Don’t give me that face, Kim. If you don’t want to see me, just tell me.” Again, Tiffany looks away.

 

You’ve gotta be kidding me. Taeyeon mind-slapped herself.

 

“That’s your reason, Fany-ah?” Taeyeon asked Tiffany but she didn’t answer. “I didn’t know you will think so much.” She mumbles to herself but she knows that Tiffany can hear her. Before Tiffany can run away one more time, Taeyeon interlocks her palm with Tiffany’s.

 

“Listen, Fany-ah. You know how stressed out I can get when tests are getting closer and you know exactly how I study. When that two add together, I would be like entering the world inside the book.” Taeyeon explains.

 

Tiffany knows that when Taeyeon’s studying, she will be like another person or more like a human body with no soul. And when tests come, she will have sweat filling her face because she has not even a single memory of what she always study. That’s why she was always stressed out.

 

And, Tiffany definitely knows that she misunderstood Taeyeon’s action.

 

“Now, I feel bad.” Tiffany mumbles. To Tiffany, it’s awkward. But to Taeyeon, she finds this cute all the time, especially when Tiffany’s in an awkward situation.

 

“You know I love you. How can I bear myself from leaving you, huh?” Taeyeon pulls the younger girl into a hug, “Pabo…”

 

Tiffany, upon hearing the word ‘pabo’, once again smiles. It was another word for Taeyeon to express her love to the latter.

 

Taeyeon pulls away and looks at the taller girl, “Don’t run again. Sweats aren’t your friend.” Taeyeon said before taking out a napkin and cleans Tiffany’s face. She just stares into her eyes while smiling.

 

“Stop, Fany. I might kiss you if you keep looking at me like that.” Taeyeon said. An idea was then popped into Tiffany’s mind.

 

She stares right into Taeyeon’s eyes this time which made her flinched. Taeyeon has no choice but to push the latter away because she was getting uncomfortable. After wiping every sweat on Tiffany’s face and made sure she looks like Taeyeon’s girl, she puts the hankie away.

 

“Humph…” Tiffany pouts when her operation went fail. But again, that made Taeyeon smile. She couldn’t bear anymore so she leans in for a peak.

 

And of course, it made Tiffany’s day.

 

 

As time passed, Yoona was really feeling sleepy. Maybe because of her cry earlier made her eye lids heavy and made her feels sleepy. She wants to sleep but she didn’t. Her head would keep fall but she will eventually bounce back.

 

“If you’re not feeling well or sleepy, just go to the school nurse, alright? Don’t forget to inform me too.” Yuri’s voice suddenly rings into her head. She sighs. Which one should she choose? Class, or rest? And maybe, little moment with Yuri.

 

She looks at the whiteboard and her phone. When she comes to a decision, she decided to text Yuri.

 

To: Yuri

Yul unnie, I’m not feeling well. I’m going to the nurse later, alright? After sending that, she lets her head falls on her table.

 

All of a sudden, she heard someone knocks on the door and disturbed the class which caused everyone to be quiet, including the lecturer.

 

She looks up and saw a familiar person standing next to the lecturer. She was shocked to see how fast the latter comes to her class. And how did she come here? Doesn’t she have a class or something?

 

“Im Yoona-sshi, Yuri is looking for you. You’ll be excused for this class.” Mr. Yan says. Yuri walks over to Yoona and helps her pack everything.

 

Before leaving, Yuri lowers down her body to be on the same level with Yoona. “Are you feeling fine? Can you walk? Or do you want me to carry you?”

 

“It’s alright, unnie. I can walk by my own.” As Yoona wants to grab her bag, Yuri steals it from her.

 

“You’ll be walking, so I’ll handle your bag. Let’s go.” Yuri turns around to bow at the lecturer and both of them left from the back door.

 

They walk hand in hand as they are on the way to the nurse.

 

“Are you feeling fine, Yoong? Or do you want to go home?” Yuri asked the younger girl in concern. She was worried about Yoona.

 

“I guess I’m fine, unnie. I…” Yoona trails off a bit, “Maybe I just missed you. You know, I’m dying for waiting the end of the school.” Yoona truthfully says.

 

They then reached the school nurse as Yuri explains the whole situation to the nurse. Of course, she lets out the Yoona-misses-Yuri part. And because Yuri is a special student in this school, the nurse just lets her in.

 

Yuri leads Yoona to the clinic’s bed and uses the blanket to cover her body so she wouldn’t get cold. She holds onto her palm to warm her more.

 

“Unnie, what was that that you’re going to tell me?” Yoona asked. She was waiting so long for Yuri to bring it up.

 

“I thought my confession will be in a special place, not in a school clinic.” Yuri sadly says which made Yoona laughs. Yuri looks at her with a weird expression because she doesn’t understand Yoona’s action.

 

“Wherever it is, unnie, as long as you’re there, it’ll be my paradise.” Yoona says as she caresses Yuri’s face.

 

After gathering up her courage, she grabs the hand that was caressing her cheek and starts…

 

“Yoong-ah, sorry for letting you wait for so long. You know how much I love you and I know how much you love me too. I’ve wanted to be your girlfriend, your protector, your guardian, but because of one thing, I was halt to do so. That memory one year ago which made me almost lost you, I wouldn’t want that to happen again.” Yuri says as tears left her eye. Yoona then uses her hand to wipe it away.

 

“Just one thing, Yoong, are you brave enough to be my girlfriend?” Yuri holds onto the hand, looking into Yoona’s eyes and waits for the answer.

 

“Of course, unnie. You said you know how much I love you, so why wouldn’t I be brave enough to be your girlfriend? Not only you’re my guardian, my protector, but I’m equally as that to you. I can protect you too.” Yoona says with a smile.

 

Finally, Yuri stopped crying and a smile formed on her face.

 

“Thanks, Yoong. I love you.” She leans in for a kiss.

 

“I love you too, unnie…” She says while looking at the wet eyes in front of her.

 

“Go to sleep, Yoong. We’ll have a date later.”

 

Upon hearing what Yuri says, she decided to go to sleep. Just as she dozed off, a familiar vibration spread through Yuri’s leg.

 

What now?!

 


 

Hey, readers ^^ Here's another chapter :D Hope you guys enjoyed..

By the way, do anyone of you heard Mr. Mr.? It's like the most addictive title song of theirs ever :D Hehe..

Enjoy :)