Chapter XV – The Curiosity Of The Gemstones

Beneath The Tale Of Gemstone

Chapter XV – The Curiosity Of The Gemstones

She spreads her arms as she falls onto her bed with her eyes closed, waiting for the soft impact. As she felt the soft impact behind her, she sighs before opening her eyes and looks at the ceiling.

 

Nothing came across her mind as she just stares at the solid ceiling on top of her room. Her silence filled the atmosphere in her room for a few minutes until she lets go a sigh.

 

The young lady then grabs her towel and heads to the shower as she lets the water to stream down itself. Again, minutes passed by with her silence. When she was done, she wipes and wraps herself before stepping out from the bathroom and slips into some comfortable attire to spend her night.

 

While she was drying her hair with the towel, she noticed her phone was blinking. She took the phone and looks at the caller’s name.

 

She was stunned. She doesn’t know if she should pick up or not so she just stares into the phone until the person ends the call before she could decline it.

 

As she thought the call was over, the same caller again appeared on the screen. She knows that this time, she can’t run away.

 

Her hands were shaking as she reaches out to grab her phone and presses the accept button.

 

“Hello?” Her voice was obviously shaky when she talks.

 

“Hey, do you remember me? It’s Kane here.” The guy on the other line greeted happily, which made the girl much more uncomfortable.

 

“What do you want?” Her voice was still quiver. “I thought we cut off our relation already. Why are you still calling me?”

 

“Hey hey, that’s not a way to talk to me, remember?” The guy’s voice suddenly gone deep.

 

“Just tell me what you want.” She spoke.

 

“Aren’t you an impatient little girl?” He laughs and suddenly turns into a serious mode, “Listen girl, you owe me a lot. Remember what happened years before where you and your sister owe me big time?” She gulps as she knows where this conversation will lead to.

 

“What do you want me to do, Kane? Just speak up.” She again yells to the phone.

 

“Listen, there are these gemstones I want. Wonder if you ever heard of, but there is a tale where it says that these gemstones can get me to conquer the world. I need those gemstones.”

 

“But, how do I know where to get it?”

 

“I’ll send you over some images. It’ll be the hint of where the gemstones are.”

 

“Sure.” As she says that, the guy cuts of the call. Seconds later, her phone rings again and she looks at it. It was a message. It must be the photo Kane said that wants to send to her.

 

As she opens the message, a few photos were on her screen. She clicks on one of them to enlarge it as she browses through the other photos. While she was taking a look on the photos, her eyes fall on one. It was a really familiar one and that’s when something pops in her mind.

 

No.

 

Flashback –Ten Years Ago–

 

I was living in a rich family as my father was the descendant of the greatest and most powerful company in the past. My dad, among his siblings in his generation, he received the will the great fortune. But there was this…

 

“Mom, can you please stop gambling?” I asked her with my teary eyes, begging her not to go. Every time she went out to do that, she always lost a lot of money. Almost every time was up to million or even billion.

 

I don’t even understand why daddy still wants her as his wife. Until one day, dad’s body condition went worse because of the overwork to earn back the money mom owes from loaning from the illegal shark loans. Even so, she never did take care of dad and it was always my sister and I that do the job.

 

“Unnie, do you think daddy can survive?” My little sister appeared next to me as she hugged me while we were standing beside our motionless dad.

 

“I don’t know, maybe not.” I said in a soft tone.

 

Ever since that day, daddy’s body condition got worse and he eventually passed away. Even so, that woman never came to visit him nor attended the funeral. We all know she went to gamble. It was then I came into one decision, tell my mother off.

 

 

A huge slap sound was heard throughout the mansion. I held onto my cheek and tear fell out from my eyes as I look at the woman in front of me which I once called mom. Now, she doesn’t even deserve that calling.

 

“How dare you talk to your mother like that?”

 

I glared at her, “How dare you still uses the word ‘mom’ when you don’t even deserved to be?” I growled at her, “It’s better off, if you don’t even exist in this world anymore.” I say and turn around, grabbing my sister’s hand as we walked out from the house.

 

We already packed everything and planned to run away. And I never know, that will be the last time I see her.

 

 

“She’s dead.” My sister hands over the newspaper to me. Ever since we left her, she was out of her mind and went to gamble every day and got a lot of debts. Under the pressure, she decided to end her life.

 

“She deserves it.” That was my only answer. I don’t have any more feelings for her so I wouldn’t care much.

 

“Are you sure you still want to hold the grudge on her, unnie?” My sister said as she wraps her arms around my waist. Lately, I’ve been forgetting about my past life living in that place so I guess the hatred spreads away.

 

“No, not anymore.” I said and leans onto my sister’s head, “I’m sorry for making us move out from that comfortable house.”

 

“It’s okay, unnie. I know you just did it for my good.” My sister raised her head and looked to me into the eye. Suddenly, a bomb was heard far away which made both of us shocked.

 

“Stay calm, sis.” I went to every doors and windows, making sure everything is locked as I went back to protect my sister.

 

“I’m scared, unnie.” She shivers.

 

“It’s okay, I’m here, and I’ll always be here.” I soothed her.

 

Suddenly, a kick was heard from the door which shocked the two of us. Eventually, the knock became louder and louder as the door fell off. Both my sister and I looked at the intruders as they looked at us.

 

“Haha, what do we have here? If it wasn’t the children of that bastard woman.” It happened again. After she died, here comes another problem created by her.

 

“If it’s about that woman, I don’t want to talk about it. We have no relation with her!” I shouted through the room. They just laughed at what I said and slowly approached us.

 

“Listen, girl. Either you pay us the money, or you’re gonna pay us with your lives. So, which one do you choose?” The guy asked us but I had no idea how to answer. When I didn’t give him an answer, he suddenly grabs my hair and pulls me towards him, “Which one do you choose?”

 

I look at him and look back to my sister. I’ve came to a decision.

 

“I’ll work for you, but under one condition…” I said to him.

 

“What?”

 

“Leave my sister out of it.”

 

Flashback ends.

 

 

That night, the three of them talked about Sooyoung’s new discovery which was her mark on the very low end on the left side of Sooyoung’s neck. It’s almost on her shoulder but further up.

 

Taeyeon got a tattoo on her lower left abdominal, which was a Pegasus. Yuri has a tattoo of a Salamander on the back of her right shoulder while Sooyoung, has a Wyvern tattoo.

 

“Do you know why we have those tattoos even though we never went for tattoo?” Taeyeon asked Sooyoung who obviously still has a lot of questions in her mind. Sooyoung shakes her head, of course she wouldn’t know.

 

“It has imprinted on us ever since we were destined to born to this world. Don’t you ever wonder where your parents are?” Taeyeon asked again. Yuri just eats up the snacks on the table while listening to the whole conversation. She knew she can’t join the talk because she’ll ruin the atmosphere so she decided to just shut up.

 

“Well, yeah…” Sooyoung lowers her head and mumbles. Taeyeon, seeing how depress Sooyoung was, places her hand on her shoulder, “That’s why I was afraid to talk when I was first accepted here. I thought I was weird.” She sighs.

 

“Cheer up, Soo.” The eldest one says and flashes a smile, “Never mind what people think. Just know that you’ll always have us, because we’re equal.”

 

“Thanks…” Sooyoung looks at her and smiles too.

 

“About that…” Taeyeon trails off and avoids her eyes from Sooyoung’s gaze. She was actually scared that this conversation will ever happen but now, they’re already talking about it. So, why not, “Our parents, it’s not that they never exist, they’re just in a different world.”

 

Sooyoung just looks at Taeyeon for further information.

 

“You should know we aren’t normal. What I mean is that our specialties: My fighting skills, Yuri’s dagger skills and your reading skills; it was all under that one legend.”

 

“What legend?”

 

Taeyeon didn’t answer Sooyoung’s question and stands up, leaving her seat. Sooyoung’s eyes followed Taeyeon’s direction and noticed that she walks to the lower small drawer next to the couch. Yuri’s eyes once followed Taeyeon’s movement but after understanding what she wants to do, she’s back to zero interest.

 

She sees that Taeyeon is taking out a box, around 20cm by 30cm box. She then walks back to her previous seat and opens up the box.

 

Inside there, there are only two gems with 4 more empty spaces.

 

“This is…” Sooyoung was shocked seeing what was inside the box.

 

“This one, the Sapphire one, is mine. And this Ruby belongs to Yuri.”

 

“So, it’s related to your mark? Blue Pegasus because you’re from Sapphire and Yuri’s Red Salamander from Ruby.” Sooyoung tries to understand the situation herself. Taeyeon just nods when Sooyoung correctly labels. But, something suddenly struck into Sooyoung’s mine.

 

“Where’s mine?” Sooyoung looks as Taeyeon curiously, hoping for an answer.

 

“I thought you would at least have yours, Soo.” Taeyeon says in a shocked tone, “Then how did you know all those things you just said?”

 

“I don’t know, I just spoke when the info appears in my head.”

 

Taeyeon grabs her own chin and tries to think about the weirdness in this. Maybe that’s why she never knows this group existed. She didn’t even know where she came from, oblivious to her past and everything.

 

“Soo, do you know where you were born at?” Yuri suddenly sprung into the conversation which shocked Sooyoung only, not Taeyeon as she got used to those things.

 

“The memory was a little blurry, but I guess I can try to think it back.” Sooyoung says as she closes her eyes to concentrate in finding her past.

 

Memory was then filled within Sooyoung’s mind as she concentrated in her thoughts. It was all blurry but Sooyoung managed to see something.

 

Everywhere was in a messed. It’s as if there was some kind of huge disaster happened here before I came here. I walked around the assets and realized there wasn’t even a sound.

 

I just walked and walked, not realizing where I have reached now. What more is that I always have this small bag pack I carried when I was born. I walked and walked, finally reaching a place where there were lights and living.

 

I ran down from the hill and headed towards that unknown place.

 

I wandered around, trying to find what place is this until I reached in front of a small motel. I slid open the door and stepped in as the worker greeted me.

 

“Hi, how may I help you?” The elder woman says with a smile.

 

“I… I’m lost.” I told her.

 

“Oh, isn’t that saddening.” She says as she ruffles my hair, “Why don’t you stay here for some time? You won’t have to pay, but if you may, you can work behind the restaurant.”

 

“Thanks, lady. You’re so kind.” And then, I showed her my smile before she brought me to my room.

 

“That was the only thing I remembered, Yul.” Sooyoung told them what she saw in her memory which made both of them deep in thought again.

 

“Where’s your small bag pack, Soo?” Taeyeon asked Sooyoung. “Did you still carry it everywhere you go?”

 

Sooyoung tries to remember and when she remembers it, she flicks her fingers, “Yes, I think it’s in my room. I’ll go and get it.”

 

Sooyoung searches up and down in her room but still doesn’t find the bag. She stops to think when she knew searching literally won’t make any progress. Suddenly, a short memory passed by her mind.

 

She walks towards her luggage and opens a compartment. A box can be seen within it as she takes it out. When she opens the box, a small bag pack was in it. It was that bag pack from years ago.

 

She feels the bag pack and eventually, she touches on something foreign in the very inside of the bag pack. She soon takes out what she was holding and gets a small pouch.

 

She unties the string and there she saw, two gemstones.

 

She was so shocked that she never knew all this time until she couldn’t even speak a word. She then slowly regains her conscience and walks back to the living room.

 

“I found it.” The two elder one raise their head and look at her as they saw there was indeed something on her palm.

 

Sooyoung stretches out her hand and let them see. Both of them were shocked on what gemstone Sooyoung has.

 

“So, I’m the onyx.”

 


 

Hello everyone :) Sorry for the late update, been busy all these while, hope you guys were patient :D

Anyway, here's an update. Hope I made it up for the late ><

I was thinking that I should speed up the fic as I realized I took it too slow. Sorry T_T It's just that there are so many things to write but so little time :( Really hope you guys are still reading :')

 

Thanks for reading and do comment and subscribe. Hehe :D