Chapter X – The Leigton

Beneath The Tale Of Gemstone

Chapter X – The Leigton

After sending Jessica home and reached her own, she inserts the key into the keyhole, waiting for it to click. She then walks in when the door was opened.

 

“Hey, buddy. How’s time spending with the Ice Princess?” Yuri rests her arm around Sooyoung’s shoulder when she heard Sooyoung’s back.

 

“For the record, she’s not an Ice Princess. She’s just unsocial.” Sooyoung tells Yuri off.

 

“You went out with Jessica?” Taeyeon suddenly appeared out of nowhere, scaring the two of them. Apparently, Sooyoung hasn’t got the chance to lock the door when Yuri came to talk to her so Taeyeon just slips in. That’s why they couldn’t hear her before.

 

“Yeah, and you just came back?” Sooyoung looks at Taeyeon as she takes of her shoes and places it on the shoe rack.

 

“Mm… I went out with Tiffany. That’s why she said she couldn’t find Jessica after her class.” After putting her shoes properly, she puts down everything and walks to her room, “Tonight, I’m cooking.”

 

“Okay.” Both of them say as they look at Taeyeon’s back walking into her room. Yuri then heads to the couch and slumps on it.

 

“Thanks for dumping me alone at the apartment, you two.” Yuri muffles because she was closing her face with a small pillow.

 

“That’s for not going out, you couldn’t blame us.” Sooyoung says and walks to where Yuri’s sitting, “You can always go out with Yoona-sshi, although until now I still haven’t met her yet. Wonder how she looks like.” Sooyoung puts her fingers under her chin as she thinks about it.

 

“Hey, don’t go thinking how she looks like. She looks beautiful, pretty and amazing.” Yuri says dreamily and turns to glare at Sooyoung, “Don’t you dare to find her and get her to go with you. She’s mine.”

 

“Haha, I have no interest in your girl, Yul. I was just joking.” Sooyoung laughs.

 

“That’s because you have your eyes on someone already.” Yuri teasingly says and Sooyoung’s laughter fades. “After all, Yoona is like the person everyone would date.”

 

“You’re weird, and no, I don’t have anyone in my eyes. So, like what you said…” Sooyoung looks at Yuri again, “If I catch her before you do, she’ll be my future?”

 

“The hell no, you don’t.” She knocks Sooyoung’s head for making fun of her. Although it was pain, Sooyoung still managed to bring out her laugh because making fun of Yuri is making her feels so good.

 

“Hey, if you two are done playing, you guys should help me out.” Taeyeon says from the kitchen. Before Yuri gets to end everything with Sooyoung, Sooyoung already left her and heads to the kitchen.

 

“Tae, you’re done cooking?” Sooyoung who just steps into the kitchen asked the cook.

 

“Not yet because no one was here to help me out.” Taeyeon says with a hurtful voice.

 

“Am I not here already? I’ll help you out.” Sooyoung was reaching out to the dish Taeyeon was cooking but ended up being hit by Taeyeon.

 

“No. I know you’re hungry so you came here to help and so the food will be cooked faster and served soon. But knowing what you have in your stomach, I bet before it was all cook, it had been into your tummy. So no, don’t help me. You can go and set the table though.” Sooyoung pouts when she heard what Taeyeon had said. It was in fact what Sooyoung’s thinking about and now the plan is a total failure.

 

“Hah, didn’t get to eat, did you?” Yuri leans on the door frame while looking at Sooyoung sets the table.

 

“At least I’m helping out, unlike you.” Sooyoung sticks her tongue out and returns to do the setting.

 

“That’s for leaving me alone in the house.” Yuri sends one more sentence to Sooyoung before entering the dining room and sits down.

 

After everything was set and food was served, they began to eat. Of course, Sooyoung ate twice the speed of Taeyeon and Yuri.

 

“Oh yeah,” Sooyoung swallows the food inside before she speaks, “Eron offered me to work for the weapons and tech stuff.”

 

“Huh? Why would he put you there?” Yuri asked and the same question flows within Taeyeon’s mind.

 

“You guys remembered the fight in the training room before. After I thought you how to ambush and survive the training, Eron said I have this kind of ‘knowledge’ in reading human bodies because I knew where the weak spot was.” She emphasize the knowledge word, “So, he wants me to create some weapons that hurt human right on their nerves.”

 

Sooyoung explained and the two older one were sitting there quietly, thinking if that was a good option for her.

 

“That’s quite a good idea, Soo. But, won’t that make you unable to join our team?” Taeyeon says and Yuri nods.

 

“When Eron offered me that, I was still thinking about it. He then told me I can work with you guys, just to make sure all the weapons created are fully functional.”

 

“Hmm… If that’s what Eron thinks is the best for you, then it is.” Taeyeon knows how Eron thinks so she can safely let Sooyoung accepts that offer.

 

“So, did you accept it?” Yuri asked.

 

“Yeah, I accepted it on the exact night. Sorry for not telling you guys, I forgot about it.” Sooyoung apologizes.

 

“It’s okay. Eron always plans the best for us, so you have no worries about it.”Taeyeon reassures Sooyoung and gives her a smile.

 

“Oh… So that’s what you and Eron were talking about the other day.” Yuri points her index finger up as the memory falls back to her. When she notices the two pairs of question eyes looking at her, she just awkwardly laughs. So much for the awkward moment.

 

After the dinner, it was the same old routine in cleaning up.

 

*Beep beep* *Beep beep* their phones suddenly rang simultaneously. That moment, they knew something is going wrong.

 

They quickly take everything and head to the garage. Taeyeon was the one driving while Yuri looks at the blinking dot on the GPS. Sooyoung who doesn’t know what to do just sits behind and looks at the two seniors doing their jobs.

 

Luckily it was late at night so there weren’t so many cars on the road.

 

“Tae, pick up the speed.” Yuri says beside her as the gap between them and the red dot is starting to get larger. Without replying anything, Taeyeon steps on the pedal.

 

The dot is moving, that’s what Sooyoung know. It must be a vehicle they’re chasing.

 

Taeyeon picks up the gap and they’re close enough to the dot. Taeyeon then try to glance at the driver and she notices something, it was something familiar. She’s starting to know who is behind all this.

 

“The Leigton.” Taeyeon hisses under her breathe. She knew exactly where this is going. Instead of chasing the car, she turns and goes to another direction.

 

“Yul, who are this Leigton people?”

 

“They’re someone who collects mines and bombs and plants it under buildings.” Yuri starts to explain as Taeyeon vigorously drives the car, “A lot of destructions were caused by them in the past. Back then, after Eron figured out that it wasn’t terrorists who destroy buildings, he sent us to put a stop onto it.”

 

“And I thought…” Yuri mumbles to herself.

 

“Not only you, Yul, all of us thought they’re gone for good.” Taeyeon speaks on Yuri’s behalf, knowing that it was impossible how they got back on track.

 

“If things didn’t go well tonight, they’ll plant bombs around and once again destroy buildings and innocent lives.” Yuri adds on.

 

No.

 

“We’re here, guys.” Taeyeon turns off the lights as they reached a warehouse. “Soo, are you able to fight?”

 

“I’m not sure.” Sooyoung avoids Taeyeon’s gazes.

 

“Here, take this. Since you’re good in human bodies like what Eron said, you should be fine doing this. What you’ll be seeing on this screen will be what Yuri and I will be looking at.” Taeyeon hands out Sooyoung a laptop and explains. It looks like a laptop from the outside, but inside it was way more complicated.

 

“You think you can handle that, Soo?” Yuri asked after preparing everything. Her daggers are placed into the holders on each of her sides. Suddenly, the laptop shows what Yuri is seeing right now.

 

“I think I can. It’s not that difficult.” Sooyoung tries to access and opens up things to confirm what each button does.

 

“Good, we’ll be counting on you, Soo.” Taeyeon says as her side of view is on the screen.

 

“Take care.” Taeyeon and Yuri say to Sooyoung and vice versa before they leave.

 

“Alright, so…” 

 


 

So, here ya go, the three of them in the start of their very first mission together (although Sooyoung still isn't fighting). I have plans :)

Anyway, I couldn't think of any names for the bad guys so I just simply wrote out what I was thinking. It'll have no sense if you search it up :X

Hope you guys enjoyed and do comment. If there is any question, don't hesitate to ask ^^ Just don't leave negative feedbacks though >< that you can personal message me :)

Oh, and, do any of you are having problems reading the roman numbers I put for my chapter counts? If yes, do tell :D