Chapter XI – Knockdowns

Beneath The Tale Of Gemstone

Chapter XI – Knockdowns

Taeyeon and Yuri are already on their way in to the warehouse. Nothing looks suspicious as there were a few men gathered around and slacking on their guarding job. Of course, there wasn’t any boss around to do the job.

 

The truck that they were following hasn’t arrived yet so they seize the chance of study the interior of the building.

 

“Soo, see anywhere that is safe for us to go in?” Taeyeon asked through the ear piece. Just like what Taeyeon said earlier, Sooyoung can see exactly what they’re seeing although they have quite a distant.

 

“Hold on, Tae. I’m still figuring out how to use the buttons.” Sooyoung looks at the buttons under her fingers, thinking which and how will it work. At the same moment, Taeyeon and Yuri are hiding somewhere dark to avoid being seen.

 

Suddenly, something appeared on the laptop screen. It was the structure of the building in x-ray form, even the ventilation throughout the building is visible. It brought so much convenience for Sooyoung to tell them which way to go. It doesn’t only shows that, it also have two blue blinking dots saying that where are they and blue dots for unknown human beings.

 

“Hey, guys. I think I figure it out how.” Sooyoung studies the structure on the screen while speaks to the other two that is outside.

 

“Okay, here it is. You guys see the boxes on your left side?” Both of them turn to see at it and in fact, there are.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Okay, there’s a ventilation hole above it. Try using the boxes and see if you guys can climb up to it.” They listen to what Sooyoung said and move. Thanks to Yuri’s daggers, it was much easier to open the lid and then they crawl inside.

 

“We’re in.”

 

“Now,” Sooyoung looks through everything again before telling them where to go, “Turn to your left, and when you see a part way, turn to your right and turn to your left again when there is another part way.”

 

They both listen well to Sooyoung’s direction and head to the place Sooyoung was talking about. As they were moving, they saw light coming out from the bottom of the ventilation.

 

Taeyeon and Yuri glance at each other before crawling forward to the light source. When they look down, they gave each other a look. What they saw were boxes of mines and bombs.

 

“Soo, thanks for leading us here.”

 

“Sure-” Before Sooyoung get to finish off her sentence, she got cut off by the sudden ruffles sound from the outside of the car. Oh no.

 

“Soo, something wrong out there?” Yuri worriedly asks.

 

“Yeah, guess someone found me out here.” Sooyoung says in a calm voice but truthfully, she’s starting to be worry.

 

“Do you think you can get away from it if it’s from The Leigton?”

 

“Not sure, but for the meantime, I think I will just stay quiet and be aware of my surrounding.”

 

“Okay, take care.” The two older one said together. As for the meantime, Sooyoung still helps them out in checking everything in the building.

 

 “What should we do now, Tae?” Both of them are still looking at the stocks under them.

 

“Soo, is this place filled with security systems or any people is near to this place?” Taeyeon asked to confirm their next move.

 

“Fortunately, this room is secured from their point of view so they never tried to put on any security systems. But, there are few people out there. They are the people we saw before you guys went in.” Sooyoung explained.

 

“Good.”

 

“Tae, do you have any plans?” Yuri asked for she has no idea how to get these loads away.

 

“Not really, but what I’m thinking now is we should contact Eron about this so he can do something about the stocks here. Then, we’ll make some moves on the people in there.”

 

“I’ll contact him.” Sooyoung offered herself while listening to Taeyeon’s talk.

 

“Okay, you can-” Taeyeon got cut off by Sooyoung’s sudden gasp on Sooyoung’s line. “Not good.”

 

“Let go of me, you punk.” Sooyoung’s scream can be heard through all the lines.

 

Back when Sooyoung was listening to the plan Taeyeon is telling them, someone suddenly knocks the window on her side strongly and forcefully which made it shattered. After that, he tried to open the door from the cracked window which made him able to get Sooyoung. That’s when Sooyoung’s gasp and her scream were heard.

 

“Soo, are you okay?” Both of them are now really worry for her.

 

“I’m okay. I think you guys should be the one contact Eron oppa, they don’t know you guys are here though. This is a good way to lure them out. You guys go with your plan. I’ll be fine.” Sooyoung says quickly in one go before the guy knows they’re in there.

 

“But-” They couldn’t possibly let Sooyoung handle the guy alone, let alone the whole crew of these people. They just couldn’t let her. Before they get to tell Sooyoung off, the only thing they heard was beating voice.

 

“Let’s just call Eron. After that, we can run to get her.” Yuri says to the stiffen Taeyeon.

 

“Okay.” Taeyeon quickly texted Eron about their current situation. Need help. The Leigton is back and there are mines and bombs in their warehouse. Follow our track and you’ll find where we are. Hurry.

 

“You called for help?” Eron says through their ear piece.

 

“Why else? I expect you’re here because you had a tracking device on us.” Taeyeon answers Eron. “And you should know what’s going on. So, hurry up.”

 

“Tae, chill.” Yuri calms her friend next to her.

 

“Chill? You ask me to calm down when our youngest member is out there? Or you nuts?” Taeyeon is slowly losing herself.

 

“Tae, you should really calm down.” Eron says to her, “You need to be calm. You’re the person that always understands my decision. And my decision was to put Sooyoung in your team. So, don’t be afraid. Just leave it to her.” Upon hearing what Eron had just said, Taeyeon finally calms down. The whole conversation was too heard by the protagonist who is now surrounded by men outside the warehouse.

 

They believe in me. I should really get concentrated now. With that thought, Sooyoung’s gaze suddenly changed into a determine and serious one before turning to look at the men that surround her.

 

Instead of shudder to the sudden change of Sooyoung, they just laugh at her. A strong hit was suddenly sent by Sooyoung to one of them that laugh the most. They look at the injured acquaintance of theirs.

 

“Done laughing?” Sooyoung asked them as she gives them a smirk, “No one mess with me.”

 

They all start to charge towards her but she doesn’t even bother to move and maintains the smirk on her face.

 

“You guys are wasting your time.” Sooyoung sensing two people ambushing her from both front and back and just steps away from her spot, making them clash into each other. Because they charged in force, they ended up hurting each other and fall onto the ground.

 

“That was easy.” She looks down and said, “2 down, 4 more to go.”

 

Eron and a few people were handling the bombs behind while Taeyeon and Yuri took cover for them. Of course, there wouldn’t only be men around Sooyoung. The place must all be surrounded by people.

 

“Oi, you there!” Someone suddenly called out and caught all of their attention. Around 10 men were running towards them.

 

“Tae, Yul, you think you guys can win them?”

 

“Hey, you guys can defeat them. I defeat everyone before though.” Sooyoung appeared next to them saying with a calm tone.

 

“Wha-? You defeat everyone by your own arm?” All of them were shocked listening to what Sooyoung said to them and look at her. They thought Sooyoung would be in danger now and has scratches all over since in the past, they got a few of them. Instead, she was only drenched by her sweat. It’s as if she went for jogging.

 

“They’re awfully dumb, to be honest.” Sooyoung says while rubbing the behind of her neck.

 

“You’re not hurt at anywhere, aren’t you?” They all check all over her body.

 

“Girls, I think you should concentrate on the men in front of you.” Eron catches them back to their current situation and points to them men coming towards them.

 

“It’s okay, girls. I can handle this too. They’re just dumb people.” Sooyoung said at them and gives them a smile which says ‘trust me’.

 

Taeyeon and Yuri look at each other and nod, “We trust you, Soo.” They put their palms on her shoulder.

 

“Let’s go.” Taeyeon says. The three of them stand on their respective stands and wait for the guys to hit on them.

 

Taeyeon, with her swiftness, hits and knocks a few men away from her view. Punches were sent to their stomachs and chins. Yuri, while holding her daggers, knocks all of them by hitting their sensitive spots on the side of their neck with the handle of her daggers.

 

Sooyoung on the other hand, just avoids them as her weapon. She knew she can’t hit them since she wasn’t strong enough. Based on their stupidity, they’re dumb enough to knock each other off because they only run towards Sooyoung without knowing who and what is on the other side.

 

She did it just like that earlier. That’s why, instead of thinking she got into a fight, she just looks like she ran a marathon back there.

 

In minutes, all of them are seen lying on the floor, either faint due to the pain of Taeyeon and Yuri’s hits, or exhausted from crashing into each other by Sooyoung’s avoiding. Some of them that used weapon or guns also fell into Sooyoung’s traps and ended up killing each other.

 

After Eron and the gang collected everything from the warehouse, a few men came in to get those guys that ambushed earlier. Among them was Kris from the first day that brought Sooyoung in.

 

“Kris, thanks for coming over. You should be able to send them into the lock. And make sure, this time nothing let them come out.” Eron says to Kris in a serious tone.

 

“Sure.” Kris simply answered Eron and motions the few men he brought to handcuff the guys, “You guys are now staying in for sure.” Kris grins at them before asking the guys to take them away.

 

“Is he always this cold?” The question accidentally slips away from Sooyoung’s lips.

 

“You’ll be shocked once you know him.” Yuri rests her arms around Sooyoung’s shoulder and smiles.

 

“Let’s go back and talk. It’s going to be morning in no time. We still need to go to school.” Taeyeon says to the other two.

 

“Not school…” Yuri whines at Taeyeon.

 

“Shut up. Sooyoung didn’t even say anything and you’re talking? Who’s the senior here?” Taeyeon smacks Yuri’s head to give her a lesson.

 

“Fine.” And with that, the three of them drive home.

 

It was one thrilling night. Sooyoung thought to herself and smiles. And fun too.

 


 

Here's Sooyoung in action :D It's bored, isn't it? I tried my best T-T

Anyway, sorry for the late upload. Was busy the whole day. Hope this chapter made it up to all of you :) I didn't know how to end this chapter by not having it half way written so I abruptly end it. It's crappy :/

Anyhow, thanks for everyone that stop by, comment, subscribe and upvote. I really appreciate it ^^ See you guys in next chapter.