TWENTY-NINE

Why Me?

[Kris' POV]

                It was devastating, but at least she was all right. I never thought I'd have to see my mother in this context ever again. I hated it; the cuts on her lips, the bruises all over her body, the black eye...I hated it.

                "The doctors say she'll be fine," said Xiao Mei.

                "Theoretically," I said, woodenly.

                "I know it's a lot take in, but you inherited her strong sense," said Xiao Mei. "She'll get through it. And you will too."

                Ignoring her last remark, I walked back into the room. Ma laid there peacefully, but awake. She noticed the determination in my face and started looking worried.

                "Yifan..." she spoke softly. "I know you're mad but..."

                "I'm not mad, Ma," I said. "I'm infuriated."

                "Yifan...he will hurt you again as well..."

                "Then I'll make sure I hurt him first. He will go back to prison, but I'm going to make my last mark before he does."

                "No, don't! Yifan! You are not that kind of man! You always said you were nothing like him. You are my son, and my son is not a monster! Don't do it Yifan. Think about your future. Think about Ren! What would she think of you when she sees you like this?"

                I was so wrapped up in hatred that I had almost completely forgotten about Ren. But what Ma was saying was true.

                It has been a long time since I felt this bad and this much hate. I never thought Ren would ever have to see me like this. In fact, I'm quite regretful for not bringing her with me. Then again, that was another issue of ours.

                "Yifan...I am your mother and I love you so much. But whether out of hatred or revenge, I won't forgive you if you go through with what you're thinking about doing. He is still your father..."

                "Don't," I growled, tensely. "Don't say that word."

                "You're not like him," said Ma. "You are not like him. You are my son. And you will not risk your safety and your future for him. You are an infinitely better man than he is. Don't ruin yourself. I beg you..."

*

[Ren's POV]

 

EXO's Kris spotted in China with Chinese Model Wu Mei

EXO's Kris caught cheating with Chinese model?

EXO's Kris leaves Crescere's Ren for Chinese model Wu Mei

Crescere's Ren spotted stood up at EXO's dorm

 

                I wasn't even sure if I knew who this Wu Mei is, but the sight of all these articles was building up a knot in my stomach that was about to turn into a rupture.

                "Ren...this can't be true," said Luhan. "He's never contacted anyone in China except his mother. He doesn't even call other girls!"

                "Then how does he know this girl?" I asked.

                "We don't know," said Xiumin. "But you can't believe these articles. I'm sure he's got a perfectly reasonable explanation for this."

                He probably did, but I didn't picture myself finding out anytime soon. I was already preparing for a bloodbath myself with my manager and President Kim.

                "Whatever," I sighed, in annoyance. "I have to go."

                "Ren...!" Luhan called after me.

                "No, Oppa, I can't deal with this right now!" I exclaimed. "I have to sort out my first!"

                Before any of the other EXO members could call out after me, I walked out of the dorm and slammed the door shut. I was too upset to look at any of them in the eye. I didn't want them to see me cry. I wasn't in any position to be crying either. I didn't want to show up at HQ looking like a swarm of bees stung my face before I got there.

                As I made my way to HQ in last night's clothes, a bunch of fans spotted me; some mine, some EXO's. Luckily this time, they had no eggs.

                "Unnie! When did this happen?"

                "Why did Kris Oppa leave?"

                "Unnie, are you OK? Are you two OK?"

                I had to shove my way through the entrance, with the help of some security guards. I didn't take much notice once the doors closed behind me.

                "Kim Sajangnim is expecting me," I said to the guard.

                "He's in his office," the guard told me. "Good luck."

                "Gomawayo..." I muttered.

                As I walked over to the elevator, my stomach started swirling. Once I got into the elevator, my head started swirling. By the time I reached President Kim's office, I was lost for words and I had nothing left to think about except 'let's get this over with'.

                "Annyeonghaseyo, Sajangnim," I greeted, bowing ninety degrees.

                I was expecting Manager Oppa to be there as well, but it was just President Kim sitting alone at his desk. He looked a little relieved; probably because I wasn't covered in eggs and flour like last time.

                "Have a seat, Ren," he said, gesturing the chair opposite his desk.

                Wearily, I stepped forward. I sat, but barely. My was on the edge of the seat. I was so nervous that I was unconsciously preparing myself to make a run for it in case things went wrong.

                "Your manager resigned," President Kim said bluntly.

                That was enough to widen my eyes. I had hoped that whenever a manager resigned, I would have a chance to see him off properly. But our last words were over the phone; and they were angry.

                "Don't worry, another one has been hired," President Kim continued. "He's much nicer. But I can't promise you he'll be as lenient with you and Kris being together."

                "With all due respect, Sajangnim, that is inevitable," I said, with slight a quiver in my voice.

                "I was afraid you would say that. To which...I understand his mother is troubled. That is why he was granted an emergency leave. You, on the other hand, were not. So as much as you may try to defend yourself, your manager was just doing his job."

                "He had no right," I said.

                "Yes, he did," President Kim said firmly. "And until the two of you are officially married, you have no say in the matter. There is nothing the company can do to protect you if you go out of your way to pursue your own feelings. We can provide a layout of what can happen with the least amount of damage, but the rest is up to you. And I'm afraid...you've broken one too many rules, Ren. I know you stayed at EXO's dorm last night. And running away from your dorm like that was very irresponsible. You weren't given the privilege of being a leader to abuse it."

                "My members aren't concerned with my relationship," I said firmly. "I don't want to involve them in my matters. If that doesn't show leadership, I don't know what does."

                "Did you even take them into account when you pursue and Kris pursued this relationship?"

                "Of course we did! We weren't that stupid! Sajangnim...! He waited two years! He confessed to me when I debuted. I knew the consequences when I said 'yes' to him. And I have been paying for them ever since. But not once do I not think about my members; or his."

                He could only remain silent for a minute. I was still waiting for the big blow.

                "Has a date been settled?" he finally asked.

                "No," I sighed. "It hasn't. Our schedules are full until this time next year. And the next two years after that are scattered. So I will still be here for the repackaged comeback and the next one too."

                "That's what I needed to talk to you about," said President Kim. "Too many rumours are erupting at this stage. The repackaged album has been pushed back indefinitely."

                My guts tightened up. This was getting more and more personal for the group. I hated the word 'indefinitely' because it left so little room for optimism.

                "The comeback will still happen, rest assured," said President Kim. "But until the new manager turns up, it'll be your duty to tell your members. They return in a few days, yes?"

                I nodded. There were already a million things rushing through my head; mostly conjuring up ways to break it to the group about the push back.

                "In the meantime, you are not to leave Korea until your next Visa application submission," President Kim added.

                "That's in three months, sir," I said.

                "I know. So that means you're grounded for three months."

 

 

 

 

 

Somehow i found the will to update xP
Thanks to my new subscribers who somehow managed to find this story =)
I was pleasantly surprised ^^
Please anticipate~
I'll make the ending cute to save myself the despair ><"